Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Road rage? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Have anyone experienced road rage incident where either you or other driver making mistake in driving invite at the very least rude gesture or worse outright hostility of car chasing. At the very least I've had an incident where stupid driver cut me off and I ended up honking him and he gave the "finger". At that point, I became so enraged that with great difficulty I managed not to lose my control and go after him.

Thinking back at the incident when I was calmer I shuddered to think what I could have done or what the other driver could have done.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Yea, I've gotten involved in a chase on the highway. We were both weavign traffic like crazy. When people cut me off or do something stupid, it tends to piss me off. Not a good thing, I know.

That was a while ago. I believe I've mellowed out now. Except this one time where my husband and I got into a fight over getting lost and he made me drive because he got fed up and I was nothing short of deadly reckless.

Yeah I have expierienced it,,,It was a crazy one too...Oh man..Had to calm other people down...And to remind about an Episode of Simpsons...Do you want to be a Marge Simpson?

all the time. nyc drivers dont give a shit about you. you come to accept that and look out for yourself. there's no nice guy in terms of driving here. if someone honk at you, give him the finger and honk back.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Nope that's never happened to me before. I don't think there really is a point in getting mad it's just going to lead to things you'll regret later on in life. Lol yup this coming from an Asian with a bad temper ^_^'

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Yes... I live in Atlanta Georgia. I generally control myself because I don't wish to get shot, but every once in a while I loose it and scream at the other driver in question. I think I may have shot someone a bird twice in my 26 years and both times were in relation to traffic.

Although, I would like to warn anyone driving through Atlanta to take a very good look at the other driver before you make any gestures. Even very normal soccer mom types often go over the top around here when you make gestures.

As to a specific incident (and there are a number), I was driving downtown to return my bf to school when someone rear-ended me in very heavy traffic and thought he might drive away. When I pulled up beside him and he asked me if he hit me... I just lost it. I scared the h*** out of him and my bf with my yelling. I calmed down when he cooperated by pulling over to the side. There wasn't any damage; so, we just continued on our separate ways. However, I would say that his life might have been forfeit for a few minutes after he asked me if he hit me....

That was more than a few years ago though and I'm very restrained now. In fact yesterday I was in an accident and I didn't even raise my voice or anything. We just pulled over and got on with calling the police and exchanging insurance information.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by SpystreakNope that's never happened to me before. I don't think there really is a point in getting mad it's just going to lead to things you'll regret later on in life. Lol yup this coming from an Asian with a bad temper ^_^'

Wow... Lol! Not to profile or anything, but my Asian driver experiences have been crazy, from Korean Taxi Adashi's Of Death to the Speeding Japanese. Of coarse, in Japan I speed to, to keep up with traffic... ~_^ I mean, the limits are so low! >_<

I have road rage thats why I have a truck i'm bigger also I live in New Jersey

Quote by Dr1zzt05I have road rage thats why I have a truck i'm bigger also I live in New Jersey

Is New Jersey that bad? Not that California drivers are a saint either. ^_^'

hey mughi, (yea it's time for me to check my notifications :p)
I got smashed by a car, well actually, I crashed into it, but it was her fault. so well she did a very dangerous move : she was parked on the side of rhe road, and entered the road and turn back to change her way.... anyway I was on my bike riding quite fast ;o couldn't avoid it.
I almost lost my leg, it's ok now.
well I was angry only 2 sec after her when I crashed, then I decided to stay calm, and that it could happen someimes you don't really pay attention, just a few seconds is enough.but well after that she didn't come to see me at the hospital , she didn't even cames out of her car when she hitted me. I have never talked to her, no apologize, nothin....
that's why I got angry after her after that.

but usually i m a calm driver, when I see angry people I just blink or send them a kiss, that makes me laugh, they really don't expect reaction like that :p

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I tend to be calm when I'm driving... By average I'm a calm person. Sometimes hoever I can get really irritated. Not when someone cuts in front of me, not when I'm pushed aside or anything - I just shout a few words (from inside my car - no one hears anything and it helps me vent any frustration). What really gets me is when its a double lane....and there's a car in the left lane and a car in the right lane (here you drive on the left side and pass on the right - I usually stick with the right lane) driving EXACTLY the same speed as the car in the left lane - basically blocking it off. I don't tend to rush, but I don't enjoy driving for the sake of driving - I want to get to my destination - so when I'm held up like this - with the f@ckwit (sorry) in the right lane not passing - I get closer to road rage than with any other instance. Traffic jams - nothing you can do about it but wait. Idiot cut you off - let him go and make an accident away from you. But one douche bag drifting in the right lane gets me hammering on the steering wheel out of frustration. Its then that I sit on his tail and basically loom (I drive a somewhat big car and is somewhat big myself) over him - willing him to drive faster with sheer mental effort and a string of curse words.

Never been in an accident though. Scraped the bumper of the car once, but that was my fault. Made the proper amends.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.