Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How long does it take you to convert raster to vector on aveage? - Minitokyo

How long does it take you to convert raster to vector on aveage?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

jchupa

Artist of Many

it can be a long task depending on how you do it, so I've experienced. Any one have a faster way that can still with hold the quality?

If it is to be it is up to me.
Talent comes in many forms!

GallComp

GallComp

Alone in the Dark

Usually I spend an average of 18 hours per image... Mostly because I want to get the best quality possible...

Copic Certified Designer
Http://CopicArt.com

jchupa

Artist of Many

I agree, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it come to small details, only when I get tired do I get lazy. But 18 hours sound about right for what I've done as well. May be more.

If it is to be it is up to me.
Talent comes in many forms!

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

It can either take me 10 minutes (a la Photoshop method) or 5-10 hours (a la Illustrator). But then, I don't usually draw outlines, which would add another 2-3 hours.

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

Honestly I don't think there is an answer that fits all the images. For example, if the character in the scan I want to vector has short hair like Rei it takes a lot less time than if the character has long hair like Bakaretsu Tenshi's main character. Don't remember her name but I'm sure you get the point of what I am saying. Just that one variable of hair style can mean a couple hours difference for me. One thing I have found is that instead of trying to be exact when it comes to laying down one section of color at a time and fitting them in just perfectly you can go a little faster if you think of it in layers. For example, if you are drawing a plaid skirt, draw the vector and fill it in the shape of the entire skirt with the base color. Then add the vectors for the lines that intersect and draw them in their entire length. Finally, add the vectors for the points of intersection as the top layer. This is much faster than trying to draw each individual rectangle of the plaid pattern. It isn't a shortcut or a cheat where you sacrifice detail for speed since the end result looks identical. Its just a faster, more efficient way. One other thing I have found is that if you are going to outline the character in the beginning, make a duplicate of the outline. Then at the end when you flatten the image into a raster so that you can upload it, flatten all the layers except the outline copy. Lay the outline on top of the raster with the raster as the activated layer and you can use the smudge tool to make sure there are no spots peeking thru. Just push the color until it is hidden underneath the outline on top and you get a clean looking edge.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

it depends greatly on the image, mainly the size of the image and how much detail is in the image.

I done a vector of a character of a simple screencap and it took around 4-5 hours, just gotta do touch up and fix up a couple things

another one was screencapped but that took around 12 hours, another one was from an image that took around 13-14 hours

there really isnt a faster way around it, if you want to keep quality

Illustrator CS2 has Live Trace feature apparently

Signature Image

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

it all depends on the detail in the image. Easy images takes about 1 - 6 hours, extremley details pics takes up to 20 hours

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.