Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you read US/Canadian Style Manga Comics? - Minitokyo

Do you read US/Canadian Style Manga Comics?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

American/Canadian Comics with Manga styled art have been around for some time. Artist like Joe Madureira, Pat Lee, Alvin Lee, Jeff Matsuda, etc have put a lot of time an effort into their art to make it reminiscent of what they loved from Anime & Manga.

Battle Chasers, Darkminds, Warlands, Street Fighter, etc, were all great books, did you read any of them?

I don´t read americain or canadian comics because I don´t like the kind of drawing. If an americain artist draw japanese style comics maybe I would buy them...But normally I only prefer japanes mangas...

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by T-kunI don´t read americain or canadian comics because I don´t like the
kind of drawing. If an americain artist draw japanese style comics
maybe I would buy them...But normally I only prefer japanes mangas...

You seem to have missed the point. I was talking about those American & Canadian artist who make their books in the US or Canada and draw in a manga/anime style.

A few of these artist are: Joe Madureira, Alvin Lee, Pat Lee, Jeff Matsuda, Humberto Ramos, Ale Garza, Omar Dugan, Long Vo, etc.

You can look art their artwork here: http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery

TheVanishingBoy

TheVanishingBoy

Racer in Disguise

-> I used to remember, I had stacks and stacks of Archie comics when I was a kid back in the Philippines (since Mangas back then was so expensive and not translated). But I rarely used to have very few Marvel and DC comics. But soon after grade school, I got fed up w/ western-style comics.

-> I've also read American-made anime/manga, so far the results have been dismal. (:

Representing Torque Philippines [www.TQPi.net]
Cars | Racing | Anime | Girls | Videogames | Etc.

"Kamusta po kayo dyan mga kaibigan, hello from Las Vegas, USA."-VB

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by TheVanishingBoy-> I used to remember, I had stacks and stacks of Archie
comics when I was a kid back in the Philippines (since Mangas back then
was so expensive and not translated). But I rarely used to have very
few Marvel and DC comics. But soon after grade school, I got fed up w/
western-style comics.
-> I've also read American-made anime/manga, so far the results have
been dismal. (:

name some of the dismal ones (just curious).

TheVanishingBoy

TheVanishingBoy

Racer in Disguise

-> I have a few like Sokora Rufugees (manga), Totally Spies, and Megas XLR.

Representing Torque Philippines [www.TQPi.net]
Cars | Racing | Anime | Girls | Videogames | Etc.

"Kamusta po kayo dyan mga kaibigan, hello from Las Vegas, USA."-VB

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Ok, I see part of the problem. The comics I'm referring to are "originals".

Titles such as Battle Chasers, Last Shot, Street Fighter, Darkminds, Warlands, Shidima,
Sandscape... those kinds.

Anything done by Dreamwave Comics before they went bankrupt (side note: they have been
bought and are currently looking for artists/colorists).

yeah ive read american comics. they are really different from the asian ones ive read (translated of course) the american ones ive read don't really have a plot difference from story to story. like scooby doo, they always solve mysteries or sabrina, she is always having problems with her magic. to me, the graphic novels i read seem to be more adult, but that just might be the ones ive read. :\

no the only good manga to me is japanese

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by darkdragun05no the only good manga to me is japanese

Have you ever read any though...

Quote by purplekitty
yeah ive read american comics. they are really different from the asian ones ive read (translated of course) the american ones ive read don't really have a plot difference from story to story. like scooby doo, they always solve mysteries or sabrina, she is always having problems with her magic. to me, the graphic novels i read seem to be more adult, but that just might be the ones ive read.

Which comic are these. You made a blanket statement with no examples.

Acyx

Ork Warlord

Normally that's the only choice I have. Ordering the right to left mangas from the Japanese mainland takes many months to ship, costs alot of money I don't have, and also leads to an ensuing headache if it gets lost in the mail or destroyed in transit. A nice collector's item nonetheless, although possessing little practicality in the long run.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

actually i havent read any of them o.O
dont even have time to watch all my japanese anime XD

Signature
"People who still use 800*600 should be shot"

claireredfield

claireredfield

Beautiful Kunochi

D and I run a comic group on yahoo so I know all the books and artist that he's referring to. Some of them should be checked out if you can find them (Warlands is in TPB, as is Battle Chasers and a few others). Take a moment and check them out.

Signature Image

I think american's manga style is rought
I prefer japanese style because it's easy to read and the picture's beautiful

Amore e Morte

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

rought???

What books have you read, because the US/Can artists that I've seen are just as good.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

nope...i haven't read anything other than japanese manga for a long long time now. with the exception of Archies, but then that isn't manga-styled...so...no, just japaneses ones :)

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Here are some examples:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/dstorres/Independent%20Comics/Dreamwave%20Prod/DAR_000A.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/dstorres/Independent%20Comics/Dreamwave%20Prod/Sandscape1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/dstorres/Independent%20Comics/Udon%20Comics/SFWP.jpg

I can do with either, American amime/magna have some a long way.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

FreiheitFirewolf

FreiheitFirewolf

Mangaka Under Construction

hehehehehehe...............in my country is totaly imposible find an US/canadian mangas, but the japanese mangas you can find

dare wo tamashii no utte?, kitai wo kasu?.........Sorekara michi no owari, doko ni iku shitteiranai.............................Freiheit!!!

Signature Image

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

I submitted some cover art for the new Robotech Prologue series (see my gallery) by US/Canadian artist Omar Dogan (I have to fix his name in the credits).

I find most of the western stuff rather shallow, doesn't do it for me.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.