Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I need an advice! - kinda girl only thread... - Minitokyo

I need an advice! - kinda girl only thread...

page 1 of 1 9 total items

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

I'm here to ask you -specially you japanese high-student girls- an important advice! Please, pay attention ;)
I want to have a sailor shirt made by a dressmaker but I don't know what fabric I should buy for it. As I imagine you have experience with it, can you please help me in this matter?
I'm already saying thanks! Byebye!

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

i thought u said u wanted a sailor moon skirt. x_x wait, did u?

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

o0, like the top part of a uniform,right?
Edit: Ohh, sorry for my stupidness X_X anyways, I wish I had one and I don't know about what fabric to buy, sorry.

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

Quote by ganstamonicao0, like the top part of a uniform,right?

Yes, exactly this!

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

PAche

PAche

hoarder

i'm not too sure of it myself...but i think cotton would do

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

If you're having a professional make it, I would suggest a cotton-synthetic blend. I don't sew very much myself, but one of my good friends makes her own costumes and such all the time. Synthetics are harder to work with, but they tend to wear better over time. A straight cotton might be crisper for a while and would be better for starching. And of course, it is really unlike a cotton would bother your skin. I'd go with a 60/40 or 70/30 to cut back on the shrinkage. However, I recommend you ask the dressmaker. She does this all the time and would probably know what good quality fabrics are available locally.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

let me tell u that 100% cotton would do best ! XD don't use poly-somethin instead. i bought a sailor top made wit that and no.1 it's uncomfortable, no2 it doesn't go well with anything. and one more thing i suggest is to not use silk. silk would look really weird as a schoolgirl uniform

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Is this for a convention? I'd suggest a cotton\synthetic blend, and around 97% cotton. You need your costume to be breathable, the last theing you need is to smell like BO at a convention. Don't add to the other people's stink factor. XD

Cotton I guess....but it'll be hard to iron...my old school in Taiwan had sailor-style uniform for the girls, and they were so hard to iron-i hated the little pleated skirts. The skirt was cotton. The blouse was some kind of polyester, I think, but it was see-through, ugh.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.