Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 why when huricane katrina hit? - Minitokyo

why when huricane katrina hit?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

reboo

reboo

be a fan of reboo!

why is it that when some big event that kills or devastates many people, is when others will start joining to help them. example, sept 11, 2001. when that happened, america got together, held hands, and said united we stand, divided we fall. its been 4 years now and the only time people say that is when its the anniversary of the death of people. or when the tsunami hit the indies almost everybody donated money and such then. or when katrina hit, people were opening their homes to the "less fortunate" and donating their stuff. why is it that when big things happen, thats when people's heart will go out? there are kids in godforsaken lands suffering and waiting for at least somebody to help them. and the only people that do help them are neo-christian organizations that do things for the publicity. i just dont understand why people seem to give their hearts out to people who are suffering at the moment and not to the people who have been suffering.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

good point, i personally feel that what they are doing are nothing more than publicity stunts. like all those actors who are helping but with a camera ready to take a good shot of them working..i mean if you are serious and genuine about helping, remain anonymous..

ladyai

ladyai

~*serinity from within*~

Wow you made a great point. When some great disaster comes along thats all we hear about and see on the news. But we don't hear about people in faraway countries who have been suffering for years. I never really thought about it untill now.

Ja ne ^_^

Signature
sigi and ava made by dianas for ladyai ;)

Koutetsu

Koutetsu

The power of Aiur overwhelms you

Because, let's say, people starving in the east. If you keep feeding starving people in the east, all they will do is reproduce and make more hungry mouths to feed. It sounds cold, but that is why we must Stop Feeding Them.

And where was your god when Katrina hit?

Hmph.

Signature
"Shed no tears for me. My glory lives forever!"

very good point, one that sadly, is always true. though, i would like to give credit and a heads out to those who, every day, do something, no matter how small or large, for someone else. in the light of big media coverage for a huge catastrophe or event, these every day helpers and selfless givers are forgotten and ignored. i think that if these people (and organizations) were to get recognition, any kind of recognition, on a regular basis, what seems uncommon would become common.

reboo

reboo

be a fan of reboo!

Quote by KoutetsuBecause, let's say, people starving in the east. If you keep feeding
starving people in the east, all they will do is reproduce and make
more hungry mouths to feed. It sounds cold, but that is why we must
Stop Feeding Them.

And where was your god when Katrina hit?
Hmph.

people like you should stop reproducing.

Ephix

Ephix

Chibi Dark Elf

The media causes it, if all you see is disaster stories and need help ads people jump on the band wagon. It's what i like to call the flavor of the month syndrome.

As for starving kids in god knows what desert, koustetsu makes a valid point, and it is the harsh reality. The food resources in those areas cant sustain that many people. It is the same thing in the wild, if there are too many preditors they will kill all the prey and eventually they themselves will die.

Signature

"Sleep is for the weak. *yawn* DAMNIT!"

reboo

reboo

be a fan of reboo!

i was thinking more, about those children how you adopt them and then they can grow into a nice family or whatever. i know that there are many people more than capable of doing that but they refuse to do so because they're all just prissy bitches with sticks up their asses.
this is like almost saying that if a big tornado or whatever hit those third world countries, nobody would care because theres too many people. well i guess its okay for criminals to stay alive cus theyre helping the world by killing the people. because like ustedes said, theres too many people.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.