Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Minitokyo

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

page 1 of 1 24 total items

MGS4 appeared at TGS 2005, they have realeased some screens.Gamespot
The old teaser ( that humorous one ) told us that the main char is going to be Solid Snake but judging by the new screens it is going to be The Big Boss ( Naked Snake ).
EDIT: It is Solid Snake, it was proved to me in this thread.
Boy, I'd like to play it already, it's gonna be funny playing with a grey-haired snake XD.
I hope it is still going to be an espionage game, as I would be utterly dissapointed if this would turn out to be an shooter.
The graphics on the PS3 are looking really nice, especially the backgrounds.

So if you got any oppinions or info then this is the right place to discuss.

I've seen the screenshots. I think Big Boss is one of the main characters in there but not necessarily the player character. I've read that MGS4 will feature an online battle mode, so it could be that what the screenshots are showing is that of the online battle mode.

GonTidus

GonTidus

Dise

Hey! metal gear Rocks!!! I hope mgs4 be a excellent game! I think too what big boss is a classic and thanks to Hideo for program the character again. but the game is in the future...maybe the B boss on the pic is Solid Snake...Otakon is old too... i dont know... i want to play the game hahaha.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I have to say that I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. The third game didn't inspire as much as I had thought it might do, but this one looks set to be stunning.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Quote by GonTidusHey! metal gear Rocks!!! I hope mgs4 be a excellent game! I think too what big boss is a classic and thanks to Hideo for program the character again. but the game is in the future...maybe the B boss on the pic is Solid Snake...Otakon is old too... i dont know... i want to play the game hahaha.

It certainly isn't Solid Snake on the screens cause he doesn't have an eye patch. And Otacon isn't looking old, it's just that the PS2 graphics didn't allow that much detail, that's why he looks a bit odd.

this game is gonna rock, i'll be getting it asap, even though i don't particularly like FPS. i have likes the series from the very first Metal Gear game on old Nintendo. (curse white bullets on whitish backgrounds.)

It will be an excellent game, the title looks excellent

Gamertag:legendz009

I'm hoping and praying I get the PS3 and play this game. We can already tell it's gonna rock and at the same time, there's gonna be quite a few questions that shall be answered. Now all we need is some more detail on the plot. :P

That long cutscene/trailer was downright awesome I love the fact that you play as old Snake it makes him even more badass!
I especially loved the atmosphere this trailer had it felt kinda like a dream and you could really feel Snake's ilness and how he doesn't feel good.

Pure awesomness that's what the trailer is.

It's Solid Snake. Otacon's little robot thing in the trailer identified him as such. It's definitely not Naked Snake/Big Boss, because he's missing the wrong eye. And you don't even know if it's actually a missing eye or not, it could just be an eye-mounted codec thing. Note the little camera thing at the corner of the eyepatch.

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Gosh, can't wait to play this game. The screenshots made me speechless :) .

Movin'...

Ah, looks like the fast aging thing has hit Solid like it did Solidus. Can't wait to get a hold of this game myself. Graphics like stunning, and will look sweet on an HD set.

Mindfullcat

Mindfullcat

You don't get owt for nowt

this new MGS looks sweet cant wait for it to come out!

SmiL3y

SmiL3y

scotty doesn't know xP

well a slogan for the game is "no place to hide" something similair to that. if you've seen the video with sam fisher in it you would know what i mean. so i'm guessing it wont be a stealth type game.

Signature
"One whos knows where to go is a cab driver. Pay him"
The answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42!

GonTidus

GonTidus

Dise

Quote by DarklyreIt's Solid Snake. Otacon's little robot thing in the trailer identified him as such. It's definitely not Naked Snake/Big Boss, because he's missing the wrong eye. And you don't even know if it's actually a missing eye or not, it could just be an eye-mounted codec thing. Note the little camera thing at the corner of the eyepatch.

yeah!! he lost the other eye. I think what the character in the picture is Solid. is my last word haha :D and remember what happen with Big bos in the Metal gear for nes... c ya!

yeah~it's very good

EX-Soldier

EX-Soldier

Mercenary

I really like the whole story of the Metal Gear games but i dont like to see the legendary solid snake as an grandpa <_< and at the end of mgs2 they said they would go after Ocelot and the patriots but if snake looks this old no way Ocelot will still be alive. hmm i saw some chars who will be in Mgs4 and i think one of them maby is the Daughter Maby son of Olga Gurlukovich Since they said in the storyline she gave birth to a child in 2007.

Signature

Eh, thing is, Ocelot is a regularly born human. Solid Snake was a clone. If you played MGS2 you'll remember that Solidus was another clone, but because the cloning process wasn't perfect, he aged faster than normal. It's probably the same for Solid. Therefore, Solid may be aging more quickly, while Ocelot still ages normally. Also, Otacon doesn't look too much older than he did in mgs2. Meaning, Olga's child can't be more than 10 or 12 years old.

Solid Snake didn't lose an eye, I don't think. The eyepatch he's wearing is the 'Solid Eye System', which is kind of like a sensor. Think of the scouters from DBZ, it's similar to that.

supersay

supersay

Yo! Wass'up...?

I don't CARE if he is Solid Snake or not!!
I just want to see my favourite MG character : Revolver Ocelot (feat: Liquid Snake) XD

Let's just pray for they appearance in MGS 4 !!!

Liquid Snake lives in death!!!! XD XD

He will appear in MGS4 as he is on the art for MGS4. Looks like we are going to see Vamp too, I believe he's the one on the left with the bullet hole on his forehead.
And yeah, Liqiud lives in death, now how wacky can you get Kojima??? XD

about the eyepatch. maybe i just don't know what i'm am talking about but i don't think that the writer's would take snake's eye away because it would be a HUGE disadvantage. career ending even. then again maybe he's just so good that he only needs one eye, but i still agree with Darklyre and Strident in that i think the patch is just filled with helpful electronics to make snake super duper.

Dunno...missing an eye sure didn't stop Big Boss, now did it? :nya:

It sure didn't, but it isn't an eyepatch, as one of the screens focuses on snakes face, and as the PS3 textures are so detailed, you can read 'Solid Eye System' written on the 'eyepatch', now as previously was mentioned on this thread most likely it is a radar or some kind of other techy invention.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.