Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Stereotypes - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Alright, I'm sure you're all familiar with stereotypes and how they come about, but the question is, which one's are completely false? Which ones make sense and which ones don't? Prep's, goth's, emo's, labels that don't really mean anything, or do they...?

- If you could just close your eyes I'd help you pull the trigger...

The gay stereotype seems to be true among the majority. Concidering some of the gay parade incedents involving leather and fat women with whips. ~_~

i don't talk to goths, so I'm not totally sure if they're totally stereo typed.

Buuut I did see this one totally 100% stereotype geek at my school. The ponytail, the video game references, the furry fetish, everything. XD

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

The stereotype about the gothic people is false, I know gothics that are very accesible persons, and they help you if you need their help. From costarricans the stereotype is that we are greed, presumptuous, ahd hard to handle, but this is totally false.

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

There are some sterotypes about armenians in my school. A lot of armenians only talk with armenians most of the time. They don't talk with outsiders casually.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

there are stereotypes about muslims. saying stuff like all muslims are terrorists..thats a bloody lie...

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

Kayen

Kayen

Lord of Nothing

they are all a bunch of crap

Signature

You must see death to find life, you must look into evil to find the good
and to see the daylight you must walk through the darkness

thank you AC2N for the awsome av and sig :)

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

yeah, and stereotypes often lead to prejudice too...thats why I hate em..

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Back in high school, there was a stereotype about asians being hardworking and highly intelligent...glad i proved that one wrong.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

Yea I feel sorry for goths, they are stereotyped real bad and people don't know a thing about them... I don't like people who sterotype. Period.

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

I've met a lot of really nice ppl and they were all goth..

Jaszi5

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

The stereotype about all asians knowing how to play the piano or violin is not true at all. I don't play either and a few of my asian friends don't know how to play them either and I'm sure that there are a few asian people out there who don't know how to play the piano or violin either.

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

archdevilz

archdevilz

ichimaru gin

Quote by LJ23The stereotype about all asians knowing how to play the piano or violin
is not true at all. I don't play either and a few of my asian friends
don't know how to play them either and I'm sure that there are a few
asian people out there who don't know how to play the piano or violin
either.

is there such a stereotype? if there is i am another who know nuts about music, so are most of my frens LoL

one stereotype i hate is : people with good grades are smart.

thats not true imo, what about lazy people like me ?!?!? :x

Signature
| Bleach | Ecchi-Club | Perverts-Club | MT-SingaporE | |Japanese <3 Lover | Nub |
Check Out my self-made Ichimaru image~

Quote by RedimerFrom costar ricans the stereotype is that we are greed, presumptuous,
ahd hard to handle, but this is totally false.

i've been to costa rica and i can say that they are some pretty cool people. they let us crazy americans play soccer with them, thought we lost.

when i was in high school it was all about the sterotypes. sometimes it was true too, but most of the time it was something that the people being sterotyped did nothing about. they just let it contiue without stoping it.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.