Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Courage (nice story) - Minitokyo

Courage (nice story)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

This is a story that I read in the Chicken Soup For The Soul. It's a very cute story... so I would like to share it with everyone here.

Many years ago, when I worked as volunteer at Stanford Hospital, I got to know a little girl named Lisa who was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her five-year-old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness. The doctor explained the situation to her little brother, and asked the boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying, "Yes, I'll do it if it will save Lisa."

As the transfusion progressed, he lay in a bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the color returning to her cheeks. Then his face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away?"

Being young, the boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to give her 'all' his blood.

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments that stand out, the moments when you have really lived, are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.

Kizuna

Kizuna

Look at this!

awww, that's awesome. Sounds familiar too, I'm 99% sure I've heard it somewhere. Prolly in school.

Reminds me of Kana ~Imouto~, story about a guy whose sister is suffering from a chronic fatal disease. Such a sad story..

jocelyn08

jocelyn08

Honey & Clover

aww~ the brother is brave
He dares to save his sister ~ :)

Avatar credit goes to cryingstar~

Damn doctors and thier misinformaton!!!!

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

What a good boy. ^-^

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.