Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 GXPdvds .. Uncut vs Cut - Minitokyo

GXPdvds .. Uncut vs Cut

Tagged under Tenchi Muyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Ive been out of money for a long time, and now i have money coming in, so i decided to finish off my GXP collection of dvds... and come to find out there are "un-cut" releases of the same dvds that i already own.

I would like to know what is different. Does anyone know?

I checked all the usual anime dvd pages i could find, but none of them had any info on what i wanted to know.

Can anyone help me figure it out ? Please please ?

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

GXP? dont know about that series

well i presume it could mean different things, if there were sex scenes or scenes not really suitable, in uncut they would be put back in or if only part of the scene is in, it would be back in

or in general maybe it was cut for say TV release and to make it more suitable to general public it was cut down on content to bring down the rating or to make it shorter and other stuff was added in its place or something like that

Signature Image

Its Tenchi Muyo GXP (galaxy police). I wouldnt think there would be anything to be "cut"

Acyx

Ork Warlord

Quote by NuclearToastIts Tenchi Muyo GXP (galaxy police). I wouldnt think there would be anything to be "cut"

On the contrary nuclear, the staff over at VAP were at one time de-cutting the Anime for re-release onto DVD, you know the way the FCC is about these sort of things, they like to give it to the people in clever little euphemisms.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

SmiL3y

SmiL3y

scotty doesn't know xP

you should get the uncut version. it's always better to get the uncut version since there's extra stuff :)

Signature
"One whos knows where to go is a cab driver. Pay him"
The answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42!

For the sake of curiosity and yourself, I would advise you buy the uncut, even though it goes beyond my moral code... (who am I kidding, that died three years ago...) simply because you have considered it, now it is fundamentally programmed into your brain creating a synopsis within your nerves making you constantly ponder the outcome of the fate layed before you indefinetely hurling you into a world of self doubt and confusion (whoa... what a trip, too much matrix and remenecing on the 90's... hold on...) just buy it because there are things you may want to know on gxp. I saw the censored and I am still wandering what marking was on seina and his frieds faces on episode 5 or so... (one more cheer for this show YEAH)

Though this is very old, I should point out something about the GXP DVD release:
In Japan, it was first broadcast on TV, like most anime. Then they released the DVDs... Which I bought at their release. These DVDs have alternate versions of some scenes, many of which include removing "blockages," alternate "angles," "re-shot" sequences, and a few other similar things. The episodes were not any longer than they were before, they just, in general, had more ecchi content, and a few scenes had more complicated views (i.e., one location ended up adding lots more technicians, trailers, and cables, in an experimental lab sequence. These non-ecchi scenes appear to have been created because during production, they didn't have enough time to do all the work (a common issue with TV anime), and just completed the work after the episode was presented for broadcast. There really was no other possible reason for some of the scenes that were different.

It's odd, but I was unaware there were any alternate DVD versions. I thought VAP, in Japan, only released the first pressings (which included the Tenchi Radio CDs) and the no-CD version, and the version Funimation released in the US.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.