Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The days of the Cardcaptor Sakura era - Minitokyo

The days of the Cardcaptor Sakura era

Tagged under

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

I remeber when I was a young otaku I used to be a CCS fan. I surffed the web for Cardcaptor Sakura spoilers because we had stupid Nelvana horrably cutting the episodes. Anyways when I was bored in the internet I looked for what Cardcaptors was like. I found the original story summary and why some scenes were cut out and I loved Cardcaptor Sakura. What probably attacted to me the most was when I found out that there were so many strange relationships like Toya and Yuki, and Tomoyo and Sakura, and that student x teaher relationship one (can't remeber what the couple's name was), I was new to what censoring was and I didn't know about it so these strange relationships were totally new to me. Then when CCS really became poplar to me I went to all these CCS sites. Some were like the same with the same popular format with a columb on the left side, but they all looked so great. That was probably the hight of CCS popularity for me. Then when the dub version of the anime made by Nelvana ended my love for CCs dwindled and that was the end of the CCS era for me. However that was the most important era that inroduced me to anime and it flurished into making me an otaku. How was your experience of this CCS craze?

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

Yeh ! ! ! I also like CCS when I was small until now...... :) .Sometimes I also find some CCS music video .Humm....very good and interesting , :pacman: .Besides that,I also a member of some CCS website. :D

Sometimes it's so hard to see The good things passing by
There may never be a sign No flashing neon light
Telling you to make you move Or when the time is right

So why not Take a crazy chance
Why not Do a crazy dance
If you lose a moment You might lose a lot
So.....Why not Why not....

KawaiiCardcaptorSakura

KawaiiCardcaptorSakura

~ Hyuu Hyuu ~ ^^

*cough* *cough* This is soooo weird!!! :D My experiance of CCS is exactly like yours!!! ^_^'

Except that I didn't know about CCS when I watched CC!

When I found out about CCS, I serched about CCS too! ^^

And I found some clips too!! :D The Japanese voice is soooo much more sweeter than the American voice! :D

And then CCS came for the first time on Animax!!!! :D On 15th Sep 2004!!! I was soooo happy cos it was going to be the first time I saw CCS on TV! ^______^

The thing that made me find out about CCS was the last episode of cc.... It was so incomplete!!! XO They made it as if Sakura and Shaoran were just friends!!!!

Then I found out about CCS
Then I found out about s&s!!! *_*

i really love CCS! My first anime! :)

Signature Image
~*~*~ Check out my userpage layout made by the awesome aqiaqua ^^
Thank u k1ru for the pretty siggy and avi! :) You rock! :D ~*~*~
Somewhere there's someone, who dreams about your smile, and finds in your presence, that life is worth while, so when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you...

UmazakiFury

UmazakiFury

Activating Ninjutsu

I love ccs but then i've stop watching it coz of Dn angel! :)

Destroy or be Destroy!
'Signature Image'

kylewasson

kylewasson

Otaku-man

Ahh..CCS, my very first anime (I don't think Pokemon counts, really). I really got into anime with this series, but I found out about it watching the dubbed version (and this was sometime in 2001 when it was airing on KidsWB). Much like everyone else in this forum, I started looking around at CC / CCS sites like crazy. I ran into a website that had screencaptures from the CC series (since it didn't air every Saturday where I lived, only rarely on Fridays), and started talking to the owner of the website - then not too long after that, I decided to make my own site about the series with screencaps from it too (I'm surprised at how long it's been up).

I bought the original version on eBay and watched it numerous times, and I'll never get tired of it. I've bought numerous collectors items from the series too. I just wish Nelvana would've not edited so much out of the series (you know, combining two episodes into one, etc.), and that most of the people who watched it (I was 21 when this series came out) would not really understand the emotional stuff between Sakura and Li, Touya and Yukito, etc. I also wish they could've dubbed all 70 and brought them here (much like Canada, Australia, etc. grrr!!).

I actually like both versions of the series, dubbed and subbed. That's my opinion. Ahh, it feels great to see that there's still CCS fans out there. Great thread!

Visit my website here.

View Kyle's Latest Wall here (Jumping For Joy!) | Scott's Latest here (Night Magic).

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Card Captor Sakura is a good anime..
I like it when I was more young, and yes I could see very weird relationchips between the character...
I like the show in spanish, the voices are simply great...

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

it aired long ago on some kids program on one of the 6 nationnal channels , i watched it sometimes . but really its mostly for kids than a real anime i would say

evad83

evad83

Balancer Apprentice

hm... my first impression long ago was tat it seemed too shoujou-ish (girly) although I often saw the show aired on one of the Chinese-dubbed channel here (not too bad for dub..)... later read the manga and found myself really liking the story, art, characters and the heart-warming scenes. So, I bought the DVDs and watched the whole 2 seasons in one seating.... n went looking for the 2 movies online.

Quote by EnTrOpIsTait aired long ago on some kids program on one of the 6 nationnal
channels , i watched it sometimes . but really its mostly for kids than
a real anime i would say

Well, it is a story whereby the characters are mostly children, but the issues and problems they faced are very identifiable with real people's life situations (someone mentioned the student-teacher relationship). I know that it may be that the story does not have any horrible tragedy/characters scarred from events and all seem nice and too good to be true to ever happen in real life (which I am guessing one of the reasons that u were saying tat it was meant for kids). But, to put it in the same level as most "real" kids show, is kinda harsh, I think. I mean, if so, many other popular anime out there would be labelled as kids show (and many ppl still do, unfortunately...).

Sorry fif the post is too long, but I just find that CCS deals with relationships with less drama than many of today's romance/drama anime (be it shonen version or shoujo version) and as such, much more to my taste. An example of the maturity of the shows can be seen on the show portray on how the main chars deals with their feelings and decisions that they made based on that. At the same time, the show maintain the reality that they are still children and portrayed them as such.

p.s : everyone is entitled to their own opinions. This is mine. :D

~ Bored of getting bored with boredom ~

we;;ll.. im a ccs lover up to now.. this was the anime series that made me fell in love to watching animes.. i liked sakuras costumes.. it really looked cute on her.. but i didnt know that there were a lot of scenes that were cut.. i only got to watch the english version of the series. though..

Quote by RedimerCard Captor Sakura is a good anime..
I like it when I was more young, and yes I could see very weird relationchips between the character...
I like the show in spanish, the voices are simply great...

I like that version too, there are a lot of really lovely characters in this anime.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ecchi-Club | Yuri-Lovers | Kimono-Fans

I had the same experience with Italian dubbed one and censored :sweat: for no reason :\, but now i am goin to see it in japanese i bet that would be perfect, i saw it when i was around 13 now im 22 ^_^'

merged: 01-29-2009 ~ 12:43pm
I had the same experience with Italian dubbed one and censored :sweat: for no reason :\, but now i am goin to see it in japanese i bet that would be perfect, i saw it when i was around 13 now im 22 ^_^'

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.