Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MetalGear 4 - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Hmm, couldn't find a thread on this.
I see the screens yesterday, Snake is looking like he's about 70 years old. XD
Yeah, it's coming out on ps3, I think, any thoughts on the game?

Signature

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

you can find the trailers for MGS4 at Gametrailers.
so far this game looks promising, and yea, I'd venture to say that Snake is in his 70's, or rather he's too old for this stuff.
If you've seen the trailer you'll understand what I mean.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

Well there actually was a thread on this already, MGS4 thread.

I'm sure I saw a topic about MGS4 yesterday or the day before and I think I posted in it but not sure.
Anyway I'm more than impressed with the trailers and am glad Snake is old, that makes him even more badass.
I think this'll be the last game featuring Snake he'll probably die a heroic death at the end of the game.

IMO playing as old Snake is really cool and it makes the fact that the character has aged makes the MGS overall story even better.

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

he doesnt look that old. he looks like mid 30's.

Who Snake mid 30s? Dude he was 35 in MGS1 or 2.
Here he looks like late 50s but yeah I agree 70 is a bit too much. Maybe 65 tops.

i herd that there is gonna be MGS5 in the works to i wonder if hes gonna be in a wheel chair next or something

No man, that was a joke made by Hideo, as of now there are no plans for another MGS game.
In fact Kojima and the artist who's name slips me decided to withdraw from the MGS series for now.

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

Quote by ShiroiKibaWho Snake mid 30s? Dude he was 35 in MGS1 or 2.
Here he looks like late 50s but yeah I agree 70 is a bit too much. Maybe 65 tops.

MGS4 is right after mgs2, so im guessing he would be 35-38

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Quote by bobobob

Quote by ShiroiKibaWho Snake mid 30s? Dude he was 35 in MGS1 or 2.

MGS4 is right after mgs2, so im guessing he would be 35-38

If thats the case, he got wrinkly and grew grey hair really quick.

Signature

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

in the trailer he doesnt look old

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Oh, I see.
I'll have to check that tomorrow then when I go to the high speed computers.

Signature

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

i got a diffrent trailer. oops never mind. yeah he looks old. its this one http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

I cant see it right now. >_<
Maybe you had the E3 trailer? The one where they used the PS2 model for the movie?

Signature

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

yes that was the one

guys sorry I made a mistake earlier I just noticed it, I wanted to say as of now there are no announcments for another MGS game not plans.

I'm sure they are already planning new MGS games, after all they have to milk the series as much as possible and make profit. Even Hideo said that he'd like to see MGS on handhelds and maybe even go online.

BUT That's all just TALK don't take it for granted, nothing's been announced the guy is just speaking his mind.
He said he is retiering anyway.

bobobob that is an old trailer that was a mock up the MGS team could actually get a hold of the PS3 test kit. Here is the NEW trailer direct from the TGS 2005 show in Japan.

And yes as far as what has been said about the game it take place 30 years in the future. Making Snake about 65 and sporting a mustache.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/651/651962p1.html

Signature Image

Oh, thanks for the trailer link man! I'll go watch it right now. ^^

Quote by xshinobiOh, thanks for the trailer link man! I'll go watch it right now. ^^

Not a problem! Check out the images too, this game looks like it will be amazing. Otacon looks like he is 50 something too.

Signature Image

Remember, we don't know when this takes place. Going by Snake's appearance isn't a good idea, since Solidus aged faster than normal, which means the same could happen with Snake. A better option is to judge by Otacon's appearance. Going from that, the game will take place roughly 10-15 years after mgs2.

Quote by DarklyreRemember, we don't know when this takes place. Going by Snake's appearance isn't a good idea, since Solidus aged faster than normal, which means the same could happen with Snake. A better option is to judge by Otacon's appearance. Going from that, the game will take place roughly 10-15 years after mgs2.

Wow it must be nice to be able to judge the age of a computer generated character. I just read the words in the trailer. I thought it would be easier.

Signature Image

You sure? I coulda sworn it said "XX years after the events on the Shell" or something like that, instead of a date....

I was just making sure you watched it. ;)

If anyone else is interested here is another article on IGN where Kojima demonstrates real time MGS4 and the effects he is going to put into it. It is a pretty good read.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/651/651960p1.html

Signature Image

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

not XX, only one X.

I'd say the "an old man exhausted of war" line is enough to give you hints on his age.

Quote Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon 4:
"I'm getting too old for this sh*t."

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.