Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sleep Paralysis - Minitokyo

Sleep Paralysis

page 1 of 1 14 total items

AngelXXX

AngelXXX

Yaoi Lover

Have you ever had sleeping problems? I do. In my langauge we call it; kmoyche chukot. Mean's a ghost is pushing you in a sort of way that you can't breathe. i thought that it was just asthma and that my mom was telling more of her crazy lies, but i just found out that it is true. You want to check out the web? http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

I'm Back!!

DoubleBarrel

DoubleBarrel

Banisher of Spam

Wow no kidding, well now that u mention it sometimes my head hurts when im asleep for no reason at all, usually then i take an asprin and go back to sleep. :)

Slicing spam into nothingness so u wont have to.

XDE

XDE

Scanning XDE, CPA: Unknown

Whenever I Sleep Until P.M. Hours I Wake Up But Can't Move, No Matter How Hard I Try...The Only Thing I Have To Do To Be Able To Move Again Is Close My Eyes And Open Them Up In Like 20 Seconds Later, Sometimes More Than 20 Seconds, But That Has Happened To Me A Lot, Not Lately Though, But It Did For Like 2-4 Weeks Straight....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

angelkagome

angelkagome

~Magic Spark~

i have!!! omg... i never though that someone else is having the same experience!!! it's like my body's too heavy to be moved... i can't breathe properly, but i can see (but a little shakily)... i try to move my body but it seems like my body won't follow my mind...

sometimes when i shut my eyes real tight, i would be able to move my body afterwards...

and in other times, i am able to find a body part of mine that i can still move. i try to wiggle it until my whole body moves...

i used to think that i was having an out-of-body experience or something... now i 'm not so sure... thanks for sharing!!!

Signature
/\/\
( . .)
s(")(") <--- This is Kitty. She doesn't want world domination. She just wants to spread her love...

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

i seldom got any sleeping problems.. but i do have when i have too much nap in the afternoon.. XD but i'm an owl.. i usually sleep at a very late time.. ^_^' and wakes up dead late the next morning.. -_-

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

winxfairykay

winxfairykay

Teenage Samurai

Wow thats interesting. I have a problem where I can't fall asleep well unless I wear an eye mask (so light can't hit my eyes), and I'm nearly impossible to wake up. But kmoyche chukot is something I don't have.

Signature Image
Winx has currently gotten verrrry busy. Please email me if you really need me!

It's true I have heard about it, there is two ways I know to get out of it. One is you move your toes *hee hee* i know it sounds ridiculous but that is what's been said by several people. Another is (only if you sleep with someone) you have to touch the other person, this had happened to a co-worker she was being pressed down in her sleep and she remembered someone telling her to just touch someone...so she reached out to touch her husband, she said she had a hard time cause she couldn't move, somehow she managed to move her fingers and stretched it out enough to barely touch him, then it went away.

I am nothing but trouble...
Signature

Midori-chan

Midori-chan

Shh...

well, i seldom have sleeping problems. unless i had too much sleep in the afternoon...lol
yup, i've heard about the ghost sitting on 'whoever' from my grandmother^^

I have this problem too.. like the article said, it happen mostly when i sleep facing up..
Last time it happened was yerterday, it really freaked me out..
thanks for the article..

Signature

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

'sleep paralysis' might sound weird to people who've never heard of it.. it did to me when i first heard about people who become 'paralyzed' in their sleep. It never happened to me before, but apparently you can see everything around you but u cant move or talk, and i hear sometimes it feels like you're being pushed into the bed or lifted into the air, etc..
it seems like a frightening experience. some people i know have had some scary experiences with sleep paralysis. Sometimes people see those who've died already, some don't see anything, some see ghosts.. its quite fascinating to hear ^^ I wonder why/how these things happen..

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

tsuta

tsuta

The ivy.

I had that when I was real little... felt kinda like a huge bag of something was on my back, and it was real heavy... but then again, it wasn't... I'm not sure I can quite explain it... it's a thing you kinda have to feel, I guess... ^_^;;

Like... hm. An empty, heavy, bag of something... airless, so it doesn't weigh anything, but if was heavy enough to keep me down. Y'know? ^_^;

caused by many psycological reasons... this also means tiredness =P
they're very umm creepy @_@

umm whenever i get those i start to sweat when i wake up @_@
umm during them i usually see things appearing and disappearing.. @_@ eeeeeeeeee

from the website they said that stress could be the cause of sleep paralysis but i think theres also some wierd brain wave activity involved because some people never had experienced it before no matter how stressfull they are. It doesnt hav to involve an out of body experience, in my case, I usually see dark figure standing close to my bed or sometimes sitting on my body. I couldnt move and i couldnt wake up. It was pretty damn scary.

Signature

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.