Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What language is the easiest? - Minitokyo

What language is the easiest?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

We have (or at least had) at least two threads concerning the most difficult languages. how 'bout we discuss the languages we consider the easiest? At least give also a reason why you nominated that language. I assume most will nominate their own language, that's expected, but please try to convince the rest of us, and tell us a bit about it.

Me first. I nominate Afrikaans, my own ^_^;

Its spoken in South Africa, a bit in South America, Australia, New Zealand, and England (immegrants, don't ask). It resembles Flemish the closest, then Dutch. It got created during the 1600 - 1800 by the aforementioned colonials (as well as Germans, French and Malysians - sp?).

I consider it easy because we have only 3 tenses! Future, present, and past. 99% (if not all) of our verbs stay the same and you only have to add an innocent article to change the tense, "had" and "will". We also have relativley few irregular verbs. Pronunciation is almost always standard - no rules, just pronounce as the sound of the letters indicate. Of course we also use the Roman alphabet.

The only point against Afrikaans is that we have a very limited literature. Because our numbers are so few, we don't even have that much writers in our own country. Also the vocabulary, in the face of English loanwords, is a bit limited.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I think that english might be the easyest language...But it depends on the individual situation of every single person! For me it is english!^^

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

yea i agree with T-kun..english is tha easiest language (n my opinion)...its so popular and easy to learn,,maybe it need time but its tha easiest

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

no english is the hardest language to learn if you weren't brought up with it.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by maverickmechanicno english is the hardest language to learn if you weren't brought up with it.

that's true. actually what i was going to bring up;
the English language has TONS of exceptions, which can get extremely confusing to someone new to the language.
i think Spanish is the easiest to learn, since nearly all of its alphabet is the same as the English alphabet, plus there are many words similar between the too languages.

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by Shinsengumi+Favorites and versus threads
As these threads seldom generate meaningful discussion and are often duplicates of existing threads, please refrain from creating superlatives threads, e.g. those asking for favorite characters, series, or games as well as threads comparing individual characters, series, or games.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Of course, the only reason that more countries know at least a bit of English than French is because the British Empire have beaten the all the other Europeans in the Colonial race. French, being the academic language of Europe at that time, wasn't that much of a coloniser.

Even some French consider French difficult. 'Specially the kids.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.