Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever got freaked out by Cosplayers? - Minitokyo

Ever got freaked out by Cosplayers?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

The inside look on Cosplayers

You know there are some cosplayers that dress good, but there are many out there I have seen that are terrible and disturbing. For one thing I see very fat male otakus dress as girl anime characters that really disturb me ~_~; ugh... Why the heck do they do that? Don't they have any dignity or shame? They also sometime do it in groups or pairs with male charaters that seem very yaoi @_@. Then they put there cosplay pics in the internet, like they never had embarassment before.

From what I have seen from American's who cosplay as anime character's they are very bad at it. They don't really look that great. Japanese cosplayers look much more beautiful and cool compared to there American counterparts.

This is my opinion of course. If you want to defend American cosplayers then bring a very good looking Cosplay picture, no nudity of course, male or female.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

leadehua

leadehua

Haro

Good thing cosplay isn't popular over here or else I might be X.X .

Signature
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/178802/
-Within lies there is truth, the hard part is telling where is the truth. >.<
-Sleep is good. ^_^

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

Quote by leadehuaGood thing cosplay isn't popular over here or else I might be X.X .

yeah in my country too. but....if there are other people that dresses up badly, i suppose i could be freaked out.you never know

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

hehe... dunno much abt cosplay, but from the few pics I've seen, they either look damn beautiful or plain ugly.
Costumes are one thing... not everyone can pull off the funny eye colours, extremely gell-up hair, flawless skin, and wide-eyed prettiness and actually look good. Not to say, to pull-off the act of being in character (since it's cosplay - playing a character)

Decapitated

Decapitated

*Snore*

Well if people want to look ugly that's up to them but I don't like watching some crapy dresed people on the net when I'm looking for deasent people that look good
Like this for exampel is a great coseplay pair Coseplay ^^

Hell yes! That's why I started avoiding cosplay pics it just feels so uncomfortable to look at a fat 300 pund Aeris or Yuna, or a huge, fat Naruto with glasses lol
Some cosplays are actually pretty damn good and the costumes are awesome and impressive. Someone posted a Naruto cosplay on GameFAQs a whle ago and the pics looked as if they were from a Naruto movie or something pretty damn awesome cosplay and I'm not evena huge Naruto fan.

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Yes, on several occasions actually. What's worse is that the really bad cosplayers were characters from my favorite series. >_< So I've been searching high and low to find good cosplayers to support my fandom.

Signature Image

Dremon

Dremon

Aries

The scariest cosplayer I ever saw was a fat guy in his thirties dressed as Tingle from The Legend of Zelda. Eh.......... >_<

Signature
I'd be a fox girl if I could. But everyone loves cat girls! I feel no love...

Yes, when I was at AX 2005. As I was leaving the building, I saw a hairy guy dressed up in a yellow clothing with a very short skirt / pants / whatever. o_0

This is my signature!

The cosplay on the conventions I visited was O.K but japanese cosplay is much better!^^

lol it all depends on if they look good in the first place. OX

If you ever find yourself lost....
Don't look to the past...
Take a new path...
To the future...

lol.. cosplaying.... well..... sometimes the clothes they make are just horrid.... but then sometimes it just has tobe the cosplayer... i mean.. not to be rude...
but..
its kind of awkward seeing a black chun li >_>

( the next convention i'm going to... i'm going to cosplay as Asagi Rumina xD )

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

my first time witness a man-faye at AX, he huged me. X.x
also was my few times of CA trip.

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Two words Man Faye. Didn't see him personally but I've seen pics. That and fat guys dressing up as the cast from sailormoon no male characters wahtsoever. @_@ I wanted to gouge out my eyes after seeing those pics.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

I saw the Man Faye pics. There was one good looking girl faye next to him in a group picture of Fayes. Then he did some discusting poses like showing his hairy butt. x_x

Dremon

Dremon

Aries

Quote by SpystreakTwo words Man Faye. Didn't see him personally but I've seen pics. That and fat guys dressing up as the cast from sailormoon no male characters wahtsoever. @_@ I wanted to gouge out my eyes after seeing those pics.

I wanted to gouge my eyes out after seeing that fat thirty year old dude dressed as tingle from Zelda...

Signature
I'd be a fox girl if I could. But everyone loves cat girls! I feel no love...

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

I think that the best cosplayer are the japanese, they look more cute and sweet in anime costume...

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Since were talking about Cosplayer can anyone bring good cosplay pics. If you bring terrible pics like man faye I will kill you.

Yeah i agree i defend american cosplay as well, but when i first saw any cosplay i was so freaked out, i didnt know what the words for dressing up like that was so i just thought it was a big fan of whatever show i saw them as, athough some are so sadd or weird but some are good, but now i wish i could do it as well sometimes..lol. :)

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

Some disturb me, some I rejoice. As said, the fat men school girls bother me, but as such seeing someone dressed as Motoko from Ghost in the Shell, and be hot...that not so much. [insert mental imaging here]
There are some pretty cool cosplayers, though. I went to Star Wars Celebration II, and they had the stormtrooper brigade pulling double-duty as security, I've got a snapshot of an Elvis impersonator in stormtrooper armor. XD

But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

The only place I don't mind where they do cosplay is in Japan.

There isn't any recognition for Cosplay people where I live so it is not a big deal and if someone who is not a use to seeing cosplay I think this best describes their reaction. O_o?????

mayashin

*Sugar flyin'*

I haven't seen one in person, but there was one time when I was looking for Rock Lee images and I stumbled on a picture of a guy cosplaying Gai-sensei. The resemblance was uncanny (down to the very eyebrows!!)!! I could hardly believe it!!

**Mayashin**

This signature was longer than 4 lines and has been removed.

joshdoek

joshdoek

Writer

To be honest the femamle cosplayers I saw at
Anime North were hot. If given a chance, I would
do something that i don't think I should go into
further details on this site. Ha ha.

Signature
Run, run as fast as you can. I'll catch you, for I'm the Gingerbread Man.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.