Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can anime motivate us to do better in life? - Minitokyo

Can anime motivate us to do better in life?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

Observing from the last thread I put up it seems that anime can indeed affect our behavior by making us seem more open-minded or think differently. Seeing how it can affect our character or behavior, it came to my mind if anime can also affect our strive to do good in life. By doing "good" I mainly mean the marks we want to attain in school or reaching our goals for the future. So for an example, we watch one of our favorite anime's where the main character does good in school or is on the right track to reaching their goals, do some of us relate to the character and even have the same attitude as him/her to reach what we want to do in life?. So does anyone agree or disagree if anime or characters from a anime, can motivate us to become successful in life?

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
-Leonardo da Vinci

I dont think anime helps us do good or bad I think that the desicion is made by us and by what we chose to do.

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

yes i agree we choose to make our decisions, i just want to know if anime has any affect on some of our decisions we make in terms of reaching a goal.

-Leonardo da Vinci

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

I'd say it can. Some animes/mangas do have a deep sense of morals and can change us for the better. One example is of a manga i read recently called "Deep Love". It is about a prostitute that does not have the will to live, but after events such as meeting an old grandma, she is motivated to go on (im not gona say nemore since this manga was really touching and said, and i did shed tears so im not gona spoil nething). Animes, such as Naruto, Kenshin, Bleach, all touch upon common topics. Not only can anime move us or motivate us, movies have also the same affect. I'd say, if movie/anime/manga has the ability to motivate or move us, then that movie/anime/manga, must be good.

Some animes have that motivation in them...they are shown to little kids in the morning nonetheless. Look at Yu-Gi-Oh! for example...believe in your friends, friends give you power...and...heart of cards..

I really do think that they can change a person. Anime could help you through your mid-life crisis to choosing between friends. It helps build character and somehow makes us outgoing and gives us that little boost we need for confidence nd also teaches us lessons trough something we are interested in other than some teacher telling it to us in a "respect" class or something of that sort? oO'''

vodkamint

vodkamint

Radendise

Hm, I think it depends on what kind of animes we watch. Some animes are really bad for life but some of them can be as good as studying. XD

Signature

JuSt AnOther OrDinarY daY...

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

i totally agree but also depends on the anime.

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

Like Evangelion...thats not a good motivator.

momoxyumiko

momoxyumiko

Momo-chan

Well, it really depends on the person who's watching the anime / reading the manga. Some people take it so seriously that when they act as someone from the anime, other people tend to make fun of them. Others, well, they forget stuff they needed to do because they're too glued to the TV screen or to the manga. On the other hand, some animes encourage us to be brave and to believe in our own capabilites.

-- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + --+
Signature

+ Momo~chan
+ Smile for the kitty =^-^=
+ Have a nice day!
+

yes.. i think it do....no I do not only think, I know it do.........

Deathknight22

This is my !BOOMSTICK!

I would have to agree because watching anime over the years has changed the way I think and do things. Some anime make me want to achieve goals that I've pushed aside and others make me thing of things in a different light. People who say you cant learn anything from animation wont understand some of the best things in life.

"Dont let todays dissapointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams" :Unknown Author

"If it dont fit right the first time, find a bigger hammer!"

If you walk into a wall and nobody sees it, are you still dumb?

hmmm yet again another interesting question lol
Truly speaking, it does somehow motive me to do better, not because my fav characters is super inteligent , strong and all (in fact, they are mostly stupid lol)! It's just that i won't give up that easily, and will try to do my best til i get what i wanted ^^... it' isn't like I wanted to be like them, but more like : if they could why can't I ?
what bout you ?

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

Quote by Lemshmmm yet again another interesting question lol Truly speaking, it does
somehow motive me to do better, not because my fav characters is super
inteligent , strong and all (in fact, they are mostly stupid lol)! It's
just that i won't give up that easily, and will try to do my best til i
get what i wanted ^^... it' isn't like I wanted to be like them, but
more like : if they could why can't I ?
what bout you ?

Im gonna have to agree with every word you said there, Lems :D

-Leonardo da Vinci

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

There has been quite a few animes that have affected me and changed my life, made me want to better myself and do good.

But one that comes to mind instantly was probably Goldenboy. After watching that I really felt like I could change the world or atleast make it a better place just by going out there and really trying my best.

"study, study, study!! " :D

Hey, if you watched naruto, you would bring like shurikens and start attacking everyone at school... Haha...

Omgwtfbbq! Hax!

Quote by chaossnakeyeah, some anime says some very smart and useful things that could apply and help in life.

I second that......but generally it all depends on the anime......

KanameChan

KanameChan

The Raging Nice-Girl

I used to be tomboy-ish until I started watching anime....now I find myself acting (by way of small gestures and the way I dress) more like some anime girls....it's kinda freaky actually lol.

But hey, a friend of mine "knew her heart couldn't lie to her" or something like that based on stuff she's seen in anime...and dumped her boyfriend and got a new one! o_O

Some things from anime have actually motivated me to do better in life where they ahve helped my decide things to do in tough spots.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

i agree
anything we watch we can learn from when faced w/ similiar problem

mukAi-

mukAi-

~juSt mE~

I dont think anime helps motivate me. Im sittting on my ass all day watching anime, and that makes me even more unmotivated to do anything!

Signature
You did it again / All you ever do i doubt,
What do you want / Let me tell you what its all about.

failsafe

failsafe

Suteki!

Like what was mentioned in the 'Emotional Attachment' thread, anime characters can have enough depth to inherit certain values that you agree or disagree with. Qualities that people admire can also be represented through these characters and it can have certain meanings to life.

Mind you that while anime and it's characters are fictional, anything in fiction is always going to be penned by human authors. So anything that you watch in anime is taking in another person's perspective or view point of things in life.

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

We can found us identifieds with some anime situations,and in some cases, they help us to be betters

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

it seems that anime can help/motivate a lot of people, including myself. And I have to say failsafe makes a very good point and well....it looks like mukAi- does not feel the same affect as everyone else...

Quote by mukAi-I dont think anime helps motivate me. Im sittting on my ass all day
watching anime, and that makes me even more unmotivated to do anything!

... :sweat: . However I respect all the replies, thanks everyone :D .

-Leonardo da Vinci

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.