Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who have it easier, guys or girls? - Minitokyo

Who have it easier, guys or girls?

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Silvandragon17

Silvandragon17

The Rising Fighting Spirit

Sorry if it's a duplicate but I checked and I didn't find anything.
As the title suggests, who do you think have it easier in our society, males or females?

Signature Image
Society is a masked ball, where everyone hides his real character, and reveals it in hiding. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Silvandragon17

Silvandragon17

Good point there chaos. :D I agree with what you said. It's a bit unfortunate that the "fair sex" is treated that way. However, manners aside. guys have it much easier. Women have never been treated equally. For every $1 a man makes a woman gets paid 'bout 80 cents. How fair is that? But that's only one issue.

Signature Image
Society is a masked ball, where everyone hides his real character, and reveals it in hiding. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

AtmaCashino

AtmaCashino

The Destroyer of Everything

This is my opinion. Don't send me death threats via Private Messaging or anything like that.

I think, just very barely, guys have it easier. This is because they rely slightly less on their emotions (I read in the Readers Digest that most guys do have emotions, but they suppress them until it just explodes). However, I weigh heavily the barely. This is because guys tend to have sometimes rather unsuppressable...urges, and I'll leave your imagination to what I mean. :D However, females tend to have more insecurities. However, as chaossnake said, the men are the scapegoats to events. (this would continue on for a few days, but I'll stop here)

Signature

Prepare for total annihilation!

Also don't forget affirmative action. Women have it easier to the max. =P
Not to mention there is a lot of predjudice against men.

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

men have it easier by far. more pay more respect. just to name two things women get treated like second class people.

Silvandragon17

Silvandragon17

Haha no death threats yet. Alright! I got a guy who agrees! :D
Yeah guys are not as emotional and therefore are less likely to be depressed. Girls tend to worry too much and they let trivial things get to them. *sigh*

Signature Image

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

well if you ask me I believe that it depends on the society and the traditions!
but in general they both have the same advantages and apportunities...

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

tevi

tevi

Misa's evil twin

Quote by chaossnakenot so fast there....there are moral values that society have that make womens lifes much easier. such as women and childern first if danger, open the door for a women, pull out the chair for a women that is about to sit, cant and should not hit or attack women. and a few other things. and this might be sexist, but if your a real pretty women, guys will treat you with much more respect. in life i would say girls have it better, but regardless of all that, i love to be a guy. plus in life u have it eaiser, but i hear your body go through a lot of stuff. thats what i think. :)

- But how many men open doors for women these days? Or pull out the chair? And hell, hitting women isn't below some men, that's why we have laws against assault... *hums* And as for being pretty, not everyone's pretty... And it's not really respect that you get if you're pretty =) And yeah, glass ceiling... So men have it better in my opinion... =)

Signature Image

- same person; no difference at all, just a different sex

both genders have an equal amount of stress and pressure. The guys (from my point of view) are under different kind of pressure than girls. Males have to deal with not looking stupid infront of friends, and being strong and etc. While females deal with social life, being expected to be the "good girl", etc. But this is only what I think though ^^;;

Signature
	Image Join Free Wallers! Free--Wallers

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Yes we do i guess. Whenever the topic of Rape comes up, 99% of the time its automatically assumed that some guy has commited the crime. Isn't that awesome?

On a side note, childbirth is a bitch. The idea of screaming bloody murder while shi*ting out a child ain't my kind of idea for fun.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

Quote by Rikimaru-jpwell if you ask me I believe that it depends on the society and the traditions!
but in general they both have the same advantages and apportunities...

yes you are right honey...
but sometimes girls have to make some compromises to get what they want..
anyway we liv in modern times and we girls can have a social life too..not just a familiy life .. ;)

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

Lirael

Lirael

Eternal Sunshine

hey... i agree a lot with what strawberrt said, about each sex having different issues with which they have to deal... such as being strong for guys, and girls being polite, but although this is true i think there are some things that guys have easier, such as the whole them not having to give birth thing... and although i am sure that having a child is a blessing im not really looking forward the the actual having of the child!! and there are other things as well, so i guess i would say that i think in some ways guys have it a little easier... (although they are the only ones that have to be drafted right now, but i think that is wrong and i hope that changes)... but i am a girl so i cant really know everything that guys go through... but anywho sorry this was so long, that was my opinion!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Being a woman i could be being bias but i think men have it easier. Women have more strain on them to be perfect and beautiful. You have to be an absolute perfect mom or your looked down upon if you have sex with more than one man your a slut where as a man is a stud and women have to work harder just to get the same recognition as a man.

Signature

pegassuss

pegassuss

peggie

In my opinion, men still have it easier than women. We still live in a patriarchal social system although things are slowly changing and we are getting more and more liberties and rights. I must agree this situation changes depending on the place you live in, but generally speaking men still have it easier. To find a job, for exemple, entreprises still prefer men 'cause they don't get pregnant and therefore they will work more time, when it comes to be paid, men still get paid more than women for doing the same work, and when you are young and you want to hang out with friends, well, guys are usually allowed to stay out later than girls.
And about manners, I'll have to agree with tevi .... how many men do that those days??? It would be nice though :)
In short, I think both men and women have different difficulties to deal with but all things considered I would say it is even more difficult for women ^^ not that I think everything is easy for men but a bit easier at least ^^

Signature
Proud member of: .::[Japanese] ::[Final Fantasy Fans]::.
Proud admistrator of: .::[Doujinshi-support-club]::. Do you like doujinshi? Then join us!
Do you like doujinshi? Then you may want to visit my gallery! ~~ *My latest submissions* : Farewell and Portrait

Quote by strawberrtboth genders have an equal amount of stress and pressure. The guys
(from my point of view) are under different kind of pressure than
girls. Males have to deal with not looking stupid infront of friends,
and being strong and etc. While females deal with social life, being
expected to be the "good girl", etc. But this is only what I think
though ^^;;

I really agree with that. Girls and guys are both expected to be different and to do different things in life so it's like comparing apples to oranges, you just can't.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

freaks

freaks

I am

i think it doesn't depends on the society or the traditions or other things but the person itself.if you're a strong person who knows what you want from your life and you're capable to manage by your own strainght,you can get over any obstacles and be as well recognised in the society as a male.you will have to earn the respect of other people. determination makes the difference. but the problem is that most of the womens are verry sensibles and the smallest obstacle can degradate theyr will to advance.they must see beyond those little things,because theyr reaction to them make womens to be treated differently.that's how i think...

The question is quite pointless - I mean what would oen gain from it? Practically not much, unless you want to do some anti sex campaign or something.

Like some of the above have mentioned, some things just aren't meant to be compared. But imho, guys have it easier. They havn't been the ones that have gone through a history of discrimantion, and there is no need to do some protest about masculism. And unless the guy's got man boobs, there's no one staring at a particualr part of you during conversation.

guys have it so much easier becouse they dont have to go through pain of handeling children and that time of the month... so yeah guys got it easy...

Guys have it much easier yes...physically, I think girls have it harder. I mean like...the pressure to be thin and all...and other stuf...which...I won't talk about :D ....um...boys aren't as pressured to be like that. Most boys don't even care if they're muscular or not. Anyways, just my opinion!!

As upper floors have stated. Guys are usually easier when getting paid or trying out for a job however, in all other circumstances, no guy would acquire better treatment than girlz... And as for the emotion and feeling part.,, well, who to blame? Don't u say it everyday? .. WEll.. That's it. U can't blame that or ur gonna have to go so deep down into when ur fate is determined by two crappy letters.
Feelingz.. Most guys have feelings just don't wanna show. that's y there's the phrase manly man. or I thought there was. WEll >> Don't wanna get too involved around here.!
JUst let it be. ANd let it pass by and let it consume u , time, get grip over it and stop whining u loserzzzz!

Signature Image

Silvandragon17

Silvandragon17

Quote by freaksi think it doesn't depends on the society or the traditions or other
things but the person itself.if you're a strong person who knows what
you want from your life and you're capable to manage by your own
strainght,you can get over any obstacles and be as well recognised in
the society as a male.you will have to earn the respect of other
people. determination makes the difference. but the problem is that
most of the womens are verry sensibles and the smallest obstacle can
degradate theyr will to advance.they must see beyond those little
things,because theyr reaction to them make womens to be treated
differently.that's how i think...

Alright, right on the money! You said it girl. Determination is the key. There's no point in sitting here and feeling sorry for ourselves. We gotta take charge of our lives and be independent. There are successful women out there and they're respected for it. However, back to the question...
What do most people want their child to be? A male. Why? Because the parents don't have to worry about a boy as much. Girls can be a pain!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.