Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Cloud a schizophrenic? - Minitokyo

Is Cloud a schizophrenic?

Tagged under Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

After watching Final Fantasy: Advent Children, I have to wonder if Cloud has schizophrenia or is there another reason. What are your thoughts?

Danworth

Danworth

.:Talk slowly, think quickly:.

i don't think so

Signature
Thanks to Sumomo- for the wonderful Sig and Spystreak for the wonderful avy
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

From the way I look at it, Cloud try to run away from the fact the he was unable to save Aeris two years ago by doing only deliveries so he would not encounter anything that have any links to the past incident.
The first what appeared to be a mental encounter with Aeris happened when Cloud was persuade to go to Ajito, Aeris’ death and burial place, to rescue the children. The second was when he asked Vincent about forgiveness. The final time was when Cloud saw Aeris at the end when the pool of water in the church could heal the Geostigma. The problem is, during the second and final time, no one but Cloud seemed to be able to see or hear Aeris. That’s why I think Cloud might have schizophrenic since he is the only one that could see and hear what no one else could.

AquaLily

AquaLily

Emeralis' biggest fan!

To be honest, i dunno what that means ^_^'

So i can't answer that question -_-

Since I can’t explain better than the definition in the Oxford dictionary, schizophrenia is “a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behaviour, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, and withdrawal from reality into fantasy and delusion.” That’s why due to the encounters with Aeris, I thought he might be a schizophrenic. On the other hand, would the life stream have something to do with this? What are your thoughts?

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

poor Cloud, i dont think hes a schizophrenic lol!
yeah i think the lifestream had something to do with that cause i think through the lifestream she was able to be seen and probably chose to only be seen by Cloud at that final time in the church

Signature Image

lol
i think cloud definitely has some schizo traits
he did "impersonate" his dead friend for the majority of the game without even realising it

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

he got over it, didn't he?

Signature

deidara-

Onmyoji

Of course he isn't. Only he can see Aeris because Aeris wants only him to see her. That's what I think. Yeah yeah. Cloud is not crazy, he's just, you know, very quiet person and has been gone through hell of a lot. You wouldn't be quite normal/happy after that, hmm?

i think their making a whole line of games of ff7 whith one where u play as zack

merged: 02-12-2006 ~ 03:45am
the some of the newer ff7 games are on cell phone

'---------' <___>

merged: 02-12-2006 ~ 03:47am
hey who has doom the movie ;)

cherry12

love,hinata

Quote by julian1he got over it, didn't he?

i dunno waddaya think? :hmpf:

did i change alittle?

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by cherry12

Quote by julian1he got over it, didn't he?

i dunno waddaya think? :hmpf:

***SPOILER***

In the end, we do see him facing Aerith at the church ruins and she says something like "You'll be fine now" or somewhere along the lines I believe. So I think that he did get over it because that was one of the main reasons he became a loner in the movie and Aerith was trying to make him not be like that. In the end of the credits, we do see a picture at Tifa's Tavern I believe with Cloud and the whole gang. Been a while since I last watched it. Still need to get the dubbed version. SOLD OUT ON DA FIRST DAY EVERYWHERE I WENT! WTH?!?!

i would have to say no because he doesnt hear voices and he doesnt try and talk to himself he is pretty much haunted by his past because he feels guilty for not being able to save aerith plus his past was pretty bad anybody would be haunted by it

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

I don't think that it's schizophrenia...but guilt, just like tsukasa4415 said. He's overly guilty because he wasn't able to save and protect Aerith. That, and there could be guilt about what happened to Zack. Cloud could also feel guilty about that situation.
Just my thoughts.

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

well we cant exactly treat the Final Fantasy World like the real world...if you remember Aerith is in the life stream...and so by being there she isnt totaly gone..kinda like sephiroth...when she shows up in clouds mind i think you could think of it as an appearance, but to cloud only...he feels guilty and shes trying to calm him down..i guess you could say this is a ghost encounter.....zack is with aerith...the reason i would suppose is because zack used to be her boyfriend...hmmm.......it could also just be his mind playing tricks on him in his time of need...i doubt it...its the final fantasy realm..everything has a reason...usually....i mean whats up wit caith sith lol..besides the fact that he sacrifices himself at one point...but where the heck is his other part in th movie....its only the cat..bleh...

I don't think so cause Marlene says "sister" when it starts raining and healing everyone......so in my mind i think that Marlene could also see her at that moment.

It was Geostima! It says that Geostima causes mental problems as well as the pain and stuff. That's why he didn't see aeris after. But yeah, I haven't seen it... I 've been reading on the advent children website.

When Cloud's life turned upside down after the Sephiroth incident and Zack's death, Cloud becomes extremly depressed. Once he reaches Midgar and finds Tifa again, he decides to create a totally different personality to escape or forget his past. He models this personality after Zack. Which is why he doesn't remember Zack during the first half of the game. In the AC, Cloud is yet again depressed because he feels guilty about Aries' death.

I think he's just nostalgic and guilty of his past i mean, this guy helped save the world (is that all? hahaha). Saw his best friend die and watched the ancient Aerith die right before him. Pretty deep stuff, normal to have it in your head but i'm sure he doesn't show solid visible characteristics of someone with the Schitz.

Lol XD I don't think so, But its not a bad idea XD

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

No reason for this to be bumped after so long.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.