Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Expelled - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Squeaky-kun

The Grim Squeaker

Hey ya'll! It's been almost four years now since I got expelled, so in honor of that accomplishment (yes, the school was that bad) I figured I'd ask if anyone else has ever been expelled. So have you been expelled from school before? What grade did you get expelled in? For what reasons?

I got expelled in the fifth grade. According to the Principal my depression made me a danger to myself and others. I was apparently a disruption in class, despite the fact that before I had always been chided for being too silent and introverted. They tried to give us trouble when I didn't show up in school after a month but I had gotten a hand-writtenletter from the principal clearly stating that I was not allowed back into the schooluntil the school's psychiatrist (sp?) made sure I wasn't crazy. :D That really made the lawyers angry. We laughed at them after that. Alot. Any similar experiences?

::insert spiffy-pretty-looking signature image here::

"SQUEAK"

no....I figure it bad that I get expelled not good...

SouthernBoy504

SouthernBoy504

Da Southern Don

Aye, I'm afraid of just getting suspended, I wouldn't know what to do if I happened to have gotten expelled. That must've been one hell of a ride for ya Squeaky.

Signature Image
Thanks to Philyra for the sig and avy

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I was suspended, but here, expullsion is different from what you're describing. Suspended means you're kicked out for about a month at most. Expullsion is for an entire school year (180 days). I was suspended for 5 days in 11th grade for minor assault on a freshman and fighting that same freshman. Kid deserved getting clobbered though, in my opinion. Too uppity for his own damn good.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I never have been expelled or suspended, but I got someone suspended for 2 days once.

She brought a group of her mates into our school (they tresspassed) and were threatening violence against me.

Blew the whistle.

But we're mates again. I think.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Suspended 1 month before grad.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

Acyx

Ork Warlord

High school, ah, the memories.. The worst that happened to me was I got suspended for defending myself in a fight, and breaking my assailant's left eye orbit during the said engagement from a well-landed right hook. Although yes, America's school systems are horrid and in need of en-massed reform. Too bad that our current methodology of doing things on the domestic front is: "Give it some patchwork repairs, if it doesn't work; let it rot."

It's what I've come to expect of a fascist nation, disdain for the arts and intellectuals. The solution to their problems was to let the schools deteriorate, as that the ignorant are the ones who allow them to flourish. Seems that all this is a poignant reminder of how much we really matter as people. Our children are being denied an education, so that they can be easier baited as a generation of purely mindless consumers, or sent off to die in the new concept of the "forever war" which has been placed in the disguise of a noble cause. At the rate we're going, America's doomed to collapse. Whether into civil war or sociopolitical crisis, I cannot say. These things simply cannot be ignored anymore.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

akazookin

akazookin

Okinawan doughnut

hmm..i've never been expelled or suspended..
but i have a friend who went "missing" for a month after the holidays..neither the teachers nor friends could contact him..but one day we got news from him saying that he was alread studying abroad..so most of us were like :hmpf: :o :\ :sweat: o_0

Signature

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

I dropped out, it was slow and majority were assholes. I finished it twice as fast in home school, then went to college... it's not for everyone...

i am taking a break from the school system, upon learning what really goes on behind the scenes.

-repeat-

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Quote by AcyxIt's what I've come to expect of a fascist nation, disdain for the arts and intellectuals. The solution to their problems was to let the schools deteriorate, as that the ignorant are the ones who allow them to flourish. Seems that all this is a poignant reminder of how much we really matter as people. Our children are being denied an education, so that they can be easier baited as a generation of purely mindless consumers, or sent off to die in the new concept of the "forever war" which has been placed in the disguise of a noble cause. At the rate we're going, America's doomed to collapse. Whether into civil war or sociopolitical crisis, I cannot say. These things simply cannot be ignored anymore.

Actually, hon, you've got it bass-ackwards. Fascist and totalitarian states looooooove education, provided it's the right kind. Where else could children be indoctrinated with unquestioning loyalty to their state, right or wrong? Where else could the best and brightest be cultivated for suicide squads like the SS? Where else could the blase acceptance of all that is brutal, cruel, and oppressive be instilled in young minds? In states such as the ones you mantioned (and compared with the United States), this curriculum of inhumanity was the purpose of the state.

And yet, and yet... by the very fact that you can speak as you did above, does this not mean you have 'seen the light' that you are aware of other choices outside of absolute, unswerving loyalty to the state? Who taught you that? No child, no matter how brilliant, can achieve enlightenment on their own in an atmosphere as stifling and oppressive as you claim American education is.

There are plenty of problems in the education system - too much shirking of responsiblity by the government, laziness on the part of parents (who somehow expect their schools to act as day-care centers and institutions of social instruction in the absence of a nuturing family), and complacency on the part of students themselves who believe that they are entitled to an easy life.

I agree such failings should be addressed, examined, and acted upon. But to employ such emotional and inflamatory rhetoric demonstrates a lack of understanding of the roots of the problem.

Signature

ryuu-niisan

ryuu-niisan

The Ninjama

i walked on the line between being suspended and expelled in high school. for some reason i never could do anything to push myself over to the expelling side, only been suspended, maybe it was because i was a high above average student in both study and sports, or i was on the good side of many teachers *shrugs*, closest thing i got to being expelled was an expell threat from my priciple hehehe xD

Quote by AcyxThe worst that happened to me was I got suspended for defending myself in a fight

hahaha that happened to me as well =P

I view getting suspended (let alone expulsion) as a shame to myself and my family. I would never ever let myself fall under such disgrace.

One of my friends got suspended...for self defense, which my school actually has a policy against, which our principal stresses all the time. Strange thing is, my school offers Self-defense classes in place of regular gym.

XD woah that heavy. Never been suspeneded, or expelled, but then again, I'm a goodey-two-shoes XD

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.