Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 To my friends and all, some advice/observations - Minitokyo

To my friends and all, some advice/observations

page 1 of 1 20 total items

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Most of us know who Bruce Lee is/was, so I wanted to share some of his philosophical beliefs that I share as well.

In our everyday life, we wake up in the morning (most of us anyway) and do stuff that we want (school, work, fun, etc...). We always bend and twist, generate any grand movement from our center, the abdomen.

Now Bruce has always been obsessed with training that midsection and perfecting his strength and flexibility, cause that is where the real power came from in hitting, avoiding, and overall strength to make any movement necessary with ease. If anyone remembers how he would grab a bolted down bench and would do leg raises from his shoulder blades, that is how committed he was to his training of that specific area. He saw and applied the knowledge of how truly important this vital area is, so he continuously trained to always have a strong center of support for all his movements.

On to the analogy: In our real life, we can correlate that type of training with our own weak centers. Where is that center you ask? Well, we all have our own special place for that; thus, I can't just tell you where it is. I believe the general area lies somewhere under the character; in other words, in our persona without the public's opinion.

Just like Lee trained on his center, I think that people need to train on their centers as well. The physical and metaphysical center is important in every day life, nor is it easy to train either area without genuine want either.

Recently, I have been observing my thoughts, where they go and how my mind interprets messages. I did not like where my hard wiring sent everything, it needs reprogramming. When we get tired, our feelings take over and everything is processed on that basis. If we can develop our cores, make the centers stronger everyday, then I believe we will all start to realize how weak our centers truly were. As for me, I increase my workout every week by adding an extra rep toward defining my center physically... now I am beginning to see the importance of the other kind of center training more clearly as well.

Just like training of the physical, it takes time to develop and see results.

If anyone would like to add to this, please do so... for my time is out for now

-repeat-

swiftsword420

swiftsword420

Dead To The World

i know percisely what you are speaking of. the philosophical center of my being that i definately need to improve on would be my confidence. no matter how long or hard i train myself, its all for not without confidence. it doesnt matter how smart i become, i cant show anyone without confidence. in the very core of my being lies my deepest desires. one thing that i should keep in mind is that no matter how "potent" i can make it become, it is nothing without the courage to do anything with it. i know this may not have much to do with your topic because my center is already very developed in the first place(both mentally and physically) but youve helped me define the things that i still need to improve on . thank you.

xange

xange

~white bunny~

I agree with the concept of working on our weaknesses. Is a very old concept, older than Bruce Lee. As you said we need to conscientiously dominate our feelings so that they don't blurry our judgment or delay our responsibilities.

she'll **** you just for the taste

Signature

Sazriel

Sazriel

"I lost you once..."

It's interesting that you brought up Bruce Lee, because my brother and I were just discussing Bruce Lee yesterday. I think Bruce Lee hit the nail on the head. It's nessary to have a strong core to work from. I loved how committed Bruce Lee was to training. Almost every day he would train for hours. Contantly working on ways to improve and perfect. There was no point in which he could sit back because his training was finished. It was on going, and because of that commitment he had tremendous success. I'm sure he was able to stay focused because of his strong and focus core. Anyway I ramble...some very good points from you all. I guess we all have something to work on.

Signature

Thrilled member of - [love hina fans]

siliver16

siliver16

iwillbeurfriend...no!lol..

oh god. why did i became friends with people that are alot older and in college .
jasaiyajin pick a non headade like conversion will u.
too much big words and what not,
-mxc
p.s.your topics are more worse than xanga's poems.
i get them but it is like the topic what is a utopic soceity.

mxc-just someone's intal im using for this wedsite.lol. and im just another crazy peron in this world... so if u don't like me deal with it....jk

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

omg siliver16, if you don't want to read what i write, don't do it... come on, I am not forcing you to do anything, why are you complaining, lol

btw, everybody, I try to read all your words intuitively - thank you for your comments, they help release my internal ambitions... (im so selfish ^_^)

-repeat-

siliver16

siliver16

i can't help it i read when im bore.
that why i hang at the library.
-mxc

mxc-just someone's intal im using for this wedsite.lol. and im just another crazy peron in this world... so if u don't like me deal with it....jk

I never really concentrated on improving in certain area or train it to perfection. I'm really the type that - set a goal, work towards the goal, whatever I learn builds on my foundation, and that doesn't mean my groundwork is sturdy, which is the whole point. I'm grateful for the tip, I'll definitely pay more attention to it from now on, and hope that in reality I'll work to apply those guidelines you'd given.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Bruce Lee believed that if you did not train on your center, then you did not deserve to be in the fighting business... literally...

if you want to be the best at something, you have to train that area that supports your entire dream of becoming the best...

why live and not at least attempt to be the best, it is counterintuitive to life... even if you are second best, inside you are the best

releasing this puts my thoughts at ease - makes my goals clearer

thanx ppl, you are all helpful and encouraging in my selfish quest to be the best at everything I do X.D

-repeat-

It's a good philosophy, but it takes a lot more to impliment. Only the truly determined can change themselves in that respect. And in saying this, I know I am weak. For my will to change myself in mind, body, and spirit doesn't last very long. But for those that can pull it off, they are the truly strong among us. And again, I say it's a good philosophy to live by.

Determination, power, and strength of mind.

..hhmm i think i kinda understand.. or maybe not.. but i have to ask you.. if you've been observing your thoughts and not liking what you see.. i certainly question at some point how unbiased you can be when judging yourself.. cause well to remain unbiased you need other people's opinion of them too.. i think.. bahh.. ok so i dont make sense so sue me..

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Quote by Youri..hhmm i think i kinda understand.. or maybe not.. but i have to ask
you.. if you've been observing your thoughts and not liking what you
see.. i certainly question at some point how unbiased you can be when
judging yourself.. cause well to remain unbiased you need other
people's opinion of them too.. i think.. bahh.. ok so i dont make sense
so sue me..

you see, being unbiased contradicts itself, the very statement...
it just does not exist, we are all biased toward something

i merely control my thoughts by realizing what it is that I am thinking at any given moment and if it leads to a path that does not exist or is detrimental to my being, then I choose forcefully to erradicate the existence of the thoughts...
its not easy, it takes practice to develop the heightened awareness, but it only works when you aren't tired

for instance, let me give a clear example... you hear someone chatting and then later you hear your name and laughter; what is the first thing that comes to your mind... wtf did they say about me? well, a negative thought can easily creep in if you care what others think of you in private... what do i care... i don't, so i forget it right away... i don't dwell on it, just acknowledge it as an occurence... it can be applied to any situation...

just like in fighting, we need to build up the programming to combat worthless thinking and guessing into a quick reaction, almost an explosion, so that we can life our lives without nonsense seeping out of our minds... like it is out of my mind now... lol

-repeat-

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

"Here is the natural instinct, and here is control. You are to combine the two in harmony. If you have one to the extreme, you become very unscientific. If you have another to the extreme, you become, all of a sudden, a mechanical man" ~Bruce Lee

As to what you have said, equilibrium is the hardest thing to achieve, mentally and physically. Now here's the word everyone loves to hate; Dicipline. Not in an extreme sense, but mentally, psychologically, it is controlling what you think, and also when to let natural thought/feelings take over.

Where does a society that places pride in "freedom" of choice go? Emotion, feelings become number one priority. How pathetic is it to see a person consumed by their emotions? To train the mind to balance both natural instinct and control is definately a workout that would make physical training look like a walk in the park.

Personally, i've been doing this for a long time, its not easy to follow a balanced path. There are times where my emotions get the better of me. I highly doubt i will ever find that perfect equilibrium, but something close to it.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

thank you for your input, it's refreshing to hear more Bruce Lee philosophy... there is that balance that is hard to control, it certainly is a discipline of the mind to control the body.

"To me...ultimately martial art means honestly expressing yourself. I mean it is easy for me to put on a show and be cocky but to express oneself honestly and not lying to myself and to express myself honestly" ~ Lee

Just like Bruce, honesty in all aspects of life, including internally, is the key.

-repeat-

PAche

PAche

hoarder

LOL.jasaiyajin, there you go thinking so much again.well at least i understood what you meant.but one thing, how can you observe your thoughts?observing means you do it neutrally, but you're human, you're biased, more so since its your own thought.but if you meant the way you write, then i say ,yes maybe you're a little too blunt for some people (notmenotme), those kind that get pissed easily or think highly of themselves, if you get what i mean. and if you're gonna ask me my "center", it'll be...hmm...my laziness?but i have no intention of training that up, i find its also a plus point XD

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

Jasai-kun,
i think i understand what ur trying to do ^_^....
your selfishness isn't a bad thing really, learning new things from new people is something i do everyday :)....it is kind of cheating, but i try to chat everyday, get on MT everyday, go to work everyday, hopefully soon, go to skool (university i mean, again), hang out everyday, and meet my beloved friends everyday, and with each person i talk to, its a totally different topic than the other ;)....i try to learn everything i can from others, i really am a good listener, but a very bad expressor, i can't really tell what i teach, but i do understand it ^_^'...

what u mentioned in this thread is really true, all of us have weak centers that we need to train, in my case...i think its responsibility...

when i was young, i used to deny alot of things, just to get out of the subject, or just to run away from reality.......but when u do something when ur a kid, u grow up doin it as well....i'm tryin to get out of this weird circle that i'm in, its the only thing that bothers me today...i'm really workin on fixin my weak point....it really is a bother!

thanx for opening such interesting subjects ^_^....lookin forward for ur other subjects ;)
bai bai!
Leo

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Quote by leosama84Jasai-kun,
i think i understand what ur trying to do ^_^....
your selfishness isn't a bad thing really, learning new things from new
people is something i do everyday :)....it is kind of cheating, but i
try to chat everyday, get on MT everyday, go to work everyday,
hopefully soon, go to skool (university i mean, again), hang out
everyday, and meet my beloved friends everyday, and with each person i
talk to, its a totally different topic than the other ;)....i try to
learn everything i can from others, i really am a good listener, but a
very bad expressor, i can't really tell what i teach, but i do
understand it ^_^'...
what u mentioned in this thread is really true, all of us have weak
centers that we need to train, in my case...i think its
responsibility...
when i was young, i used to deny alot of things, just to get out of the
subject, or just to run away from reality.......but when u do something
when ur a kid, u grow up doin it as well....i'm tryin to get out of
this weird circle that i'm in, its the only thing that bothers me
today...i'm really workin on fixin my weak point....it really is a
bother!
thanx for opening such interesting subjects ^_^....lookin forward for
ur other subjects ;)
bai bai!
Leo

there is truth in your words, i believe that i broke a barrier last night; it was scary lol... i don't like sounding like a wuss, but it's true... i destroyed a part of a wall inside of me...

I am learning how to hit harder and make better weapons to destroy my infrastructure, then I also am creating new tools to rebuild a different structure to improve upon the original design or a complete restructure of an entire embedded inability of the self to overcome internal struggles.

Last night, that discipline also kicked in, made me train harder and longer, until the pain was obsolete and only tiredness prevented further activity.

-repeat-

I just love those kind of «conversations»!
I can say that I worked on my centers (yes with an s, you will see why later)for a long time now maybe 10 years, but I never can get to see myself getting stronger from my work! I can point out all of my weaknesses but I guess I am missing the main one because I just don't move forward!! What is it I can do to know on which real center to put all my efforts?

~ sweety, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies ~

siliver16

siliver16

how do this title of this forum fit the topic?
how is this advice?
u need to brush up in ur title skills....................
-mxc
that is all i have to say.

xange

xange

~white bunny~

Quote by jasaiyajinomg siliver16, if you don't want to read what i write, don't do it... come on, I am not forcing you to do anything, why are you complaining, lol

btw, everybody, I try to read all your words intuitively - thank you for your comments, they help release my internal ambitions... (im so selfish ^_^)

lol, selfish... i feel reflected :pacman:

she'll **** you just for the taste

Signature

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.