Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Brushes in Wallpapers?! - Minitokyo

Brushes in Wallpapers?!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

pamelaho

pamelaho

*iyellowbus...

I've been wondering that a lot of "nice" wallpapers include a large amount of brushes used (or brushes in general used). I find that a lot of people love using brushes on their wallpapers. I admit they are attractive and everything, but wouldn't people who use their skills solely, without the aid of brushes on their wallpapers be respected as well?

Ok, that might not make sense, but I just wanted to express my opinion about the popular brushes used here. It's not that I don't like brushes, but brushes (esp. moons and stars) on wallpapers seem to be VERY VERY VERY popular here.

I experimented: A crappy wallpaper, slapping on moons and stars randomly to make the ugliest thing in the world, can still look nice to a lot of people, compared to vectored artwork, or ones that people spent a lot of time on.

My point? SOME PEOPLE'S WALLPAPERS AREN'T GETTING ENOUGH ATTENTION!! (sorry for the caps!) But I really want to stress this point.

Thank-you for reading this rant if you happened to read the whole thing XD

Signature

Latest Wallpaper: Hidamari no Tami - Vector

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

haha i supposed u are right!! it's true i've seen some very nice vectors.. but not much people credit them... i've yet to see brushes for moons yet.. though i would love to find them.. i'm currently into the brushes state... when i've mastered that.. i supposed i'll go to vectors! since brushes is really much more easier to master than vectors.. vectoring takes lots of patience & skills... & i admire those people!

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

smilealways

smilealways

f.R Designs

Actually most of the wallpaper are done by brushes if not they will use some other effects together with brushes ... If you ask me most of the really beautiful wallpapers background has brushes in them .. you dont really expected then to have just filters or special renders to do them .... you still NEED brushes T_T of course but you can also do thw entire wallpaper with brushes unless you are real skilled LOLx

Signature

pamelaho

pamelaho

*iyellowbus...

Quote by smilealwaysActually most of the wallpaper are done by brushes if not they will use
some other effects together with brushes ... If you ask me most of the
really beautiful wallpapers background has brushes in them .. you dont
really expected then to have just filters or special renders to do them
.... you still NEED brushes T_T of course but you can also do thw
entire wallpaper with brushes unless you are real skilled LOLx

I don't know... maybe I just have a thing against brushes, especially those "oh-so-common" moon and stars brushes. I'm just tired of people not noticing those gorgeous wallpapers that aren't getting enough attention.

And in case you haven't noticed, I don't use brushes in some of my recent works. Oh well... just have to say that a lot of nice wallpapers aren't getting enough credits and attention. Somehow, I think brushes aren't really needed to produce something fantastic. (Yea, I know someone who doesn't use brushes. She vectors.)

Signature

Latest Wallpaper: Hidamari no Tami - Vector

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I do agree that there are alot of people not getting the credit due to them but what do you suspect when you have as big a community as MiniTokyo. Plus I have to admit that there are quite a few vectors that people love that I absolutely, positively hated.

i guess there is always those Underappreciated groups for those people who aren't given their due....

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

i guess itz cuz ultimately, its not how the wall was made, its how it looks.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Brushes are simply a tool, and its one that's easily abused. They're relatively easy to master, which contributes to that problem, as opposed to vectoring which for most folks takes more time to get the hang of. If you approach brushwork as simply a method of achieving a certain look (creating a starfield, adding leaves to a tree, adding dust and dirt to create grunge) then I see no problem with it. It's when people rely too heavily on brushwork as the end-all-technique for their wallpaper instead of exploring multiple methods (like textures for grunge or stock photos for trees, which might make more sense to achieve a certain effect depending on the situation) that it gets out of hand and ends up looking tacky.

Shadowlinex

Shadowlinex

Game God

I never use brushes on wallpapers becuse the ones I have are tiny so most of the time I vector just look at my gallery almost all of my new wallies are vectorized. So I knoew your point it would be nice if the made a catagory for such wallpapers.

"Death means nothing to me, however death means defeat. I refuse to be defeated!"
Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.