Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 minitokyo rant - READ DAMNIT - Minitokyo

minitokyo rant - READ DAMNIT

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 159 total items

sword

sword

wuzzahh

ok - i didn't post this in suggestions complaints cuz ...apparently, no1 would read it so here i will rant away about what i think is extremely irritating in this forum
i hope all of u would read this , and go ahead flame me or whatever, but i had to get the message out.

1. scans - purposes of scans - FOR SCANS - as in, wallable pictures. uploading really bad qual pics just takes up space in the archive is , well.. spam. some of u ppl blow up smaller resolution pics to fit the size restriction but, does that improve the overall scan resolution? no. all that results in is something really blurry and not possible to use.

2. wallpapers - ok..this is what really got to me. when people rate/favorite walls, STOP RATING THEM LIKE THEY ARE SCANS. A wallpaper should be judged based on the background, and the skills required to make them. Don't judge walls because "oooooh the chix0r is m4d hawt!! +FAV!" b/c thats what should belong in the scans rating area. in addition, when commenting, dont just type somethign simple like " me like" or w/e . that doens't help with the wallpaper evaluation at all. commenting is a way that gives the waller the chance to improve and to do that, criticisms etc and what EXACTLY u like/dislike should be included in the commentation. Personally, what i found really irritating is that people generally rate wallpapers here due to the scan girl's "cuteness/ cup size etc." "....a d cup = a +fav eh?" have u guys ever realized that a wallpaper featuring a guy is almost always NEVER in the highlighted submissions.

Rating system: ok, i guess most of the spammage in this forum is due to this rating system. i know many of u upload below-par wallpapers/scans in order to gain levels. For personal benefit, these images actually go and spam up the boards. as u people all well know, on the main page there are 9 recent submissions that gets pushed down as more walls are uploaded. a wallpaper that required a week's worth of effort gets the same spot as a wallpaper that someone whipped up in 2 hrs. Furthermore, the slowness of the site and the huge amount of user input prevents people from easily browsing through other older-but recent works. is this fair? no. is ther anything you can do about it? yes - STOP UPLOADING SHIT ( sorry language) THAT ONLY REQUIRED MINIMALISTIC AMOUNTS OF EFFORT. IMO a wallpaper slapped together with a few stripes, another image and a scan isn't really considered a wall. since most people here are slack with the commenting, we are promoting these shoddy wallpapers by saying stuff like "really nice" when it really isn't.

guess thats enough ranting for today. i had a lot of other stuff to say, which i ranted for a cuple of hours on #minitokyo irc channel but yea, kinda forgot them since i was busy. hopefully people will take in my words and apply them to their browsing leisure.

ps - dont mind my grammar i didn't bother to reread

EDIT: new thing pissing me off currently -- WHY DO FRIEND LIST = FAV LIST?! ASDLFJASDF people with 100+ friends should die.
EDIT2: omfg people stop it with the stupid threads. how much ram u have? who the fsq cares?!

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i wanted to say all that but i was scared T_T thank you

i agree especially on the wallpapers. i dont know if anyone else has noticed, but our daily fav's are filled with girls, mostly in which they wear skimpy clothes and such. if you browse the gallery by the fav's, all you see if girls, which means that the favorites that people give out are biased against wallpapers that do not feature hot anime chics on it. people need to look at the work that people put forth upon it instead of the sprite only. of course, they're few exceptions on it, but im just generalizing here :b

let's try to be fair here is basically what im trying to say. after all, how many submission from doujinshi, general wallpaper, and abstract art has made to the daily fav's? certainly no more that 5 for 30+ weeks that MT has been opened.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

amen

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Amen to that brotha!

If I may:

3. don't submit wallpapers that you seen elsewhere and would like to share it to others--that's considered ripping. Submit wallpapers that you made. I've seen people putting comments in their submissions saying that they'd like to "share" the wallpaper. It should be a rule of thumb. People shouldn't need to tell other people not to rip/submit other peoples work.

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

whoo hoo to that!

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Nothing more can be said here, I salute you Sword, for saying what so many have wanted to for so long.

Salute!

Signature Image

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Hell. Yeah. Want me to pin this? :3

sword

sword

wuzzahh

yep go ahead :)

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

I doubt it could be said in a better way and since it comes from a member and not from an official of the site, it should count twice as much.

@ Trowble: These things indeed happen way too often, mainly because the rules of submission are way too much hidden. The FAQ should be put in front of every new member, displayed for at least 30 seconds and they should have to click an OK button, to confirm that they did understand it. Or even better a button which doesn't say ok, so that they have to prove that they can understand English by searching the button in the text.

@sammo: LOL XD
You won't erase the well working sex-sells method out of the minds of all members no matter what. But we could start an alliance which writes "honest" comments on zero-effort wallpapers.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

r055

r055

everyday is :3

My gawd, I love you! T_T I've wanted to say the same for ages

waht

Rage

Rage

Sorrow Conclusion

i highly agree with that, especially the wallpaper part, seeing how i havent submitted any scans. a lot of people wrk hard on there walls and then there just looked over cause of the crap thats posted.

Amen to swords post >_<

Signature Image

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

Quote by swordok - i didn't post this in suggestions complaints cuz ...apparently,
no1 would read it so here i will rant away about what i think is
extremely irritating in this forum
i hope all of u would read this , and go ahead flame me or whatever,
but i had to get the message out.
1. scans - purposes of scans - FOR scans - as in, wallable pictures.
uploading really bad qual pics just takes up space in the archive is ,
well.. spam. some of u ppl blow up smaller resolution pics to fit the
size restriction but, does that improve the overall scan resolution?
no. all that results in is something really blurry and not possible to
use.
2. wallpapers - ok..this is what really got to me. when people
rate/favorite walls, STOP rating THEM LIKE THEY ARE scans. A wallpaper
should be judged based on the background, and the skills required to
make them. Don't judge walls because "oooooh the chix0r is m4d hawt!!
+FAV!" b/c thats what should belong in the scans rating area. in
addition, when commenting, dont just type somethign simple like " me
like" or w/e . that doens't help with the wallpaper evaluation at all.
commenting is a way that gives the waller the chance to improve and to
do that, criticisms etc and what exactly u like/dislike should be
included in the commentation. Personally, what i found really
irritating is that people generally rate wallpapers here due to the
scan girl's "cuteness/ cup size etc." "....a d cup = a +fav eh?" have u
guys ever realized that a wallpaper featuring a guy is almost always
NEVER in the highlighted submissions. Rating system: ok, i guess most
of the spammage in this forum is due to this rating system. i know many
of u upload below-par wallpapers/scans in order to gain levels. For
personal benefit, these images actually go and spam up the boards. as u
people all well know, on the main page there are 9 recent submissions
that gets pushed down as more walls are uploaded. a wallpaper that
required a week's worth of effort gets the same spot as a wallpaper
that someone whipped up in 2 hrs. Furthermore, the slowness of the site
and the huge amount of user input prevents people from easily browsing
through other older-but recent works. is this fair? no. is ther
anything you can do about it? yes - STOP uploading SHIT ( sorry
language) THAT ONLY required minimalistic amounts OF effort. IMO a
wallpaper slapped together with a few stripes, another image and a scan
isn't really considered a wall. since most people here are slack with
the commenting, we are promoting these shoddy wallpapers by saying
stuff like "really nice" when it really isn't.
guess thats enough ranting for today. i had a lot of other stuff to
say, which i ranted for a cuple of hours on #minitokyo irc channel but
yea, kinda forgot them since i was busy. hopefully people will take in
my words and apply them to their browsing leisure.
ps - dont mind my grammar i didn't bother to reread

I agree with but a small item. A wallpaper should not be judged on length of time to completion. A wallpaper should be judged on how well it looks. Period. If it took you ten minutes to put it together, but it looks good, then that should not be a discredit. zomg!! LOLOLO!!!!!oen! U din taek thirty years to do tis, itz teh sux!!! lololo.... No. Bullshit. A wallpapers merits rest on how well that wall looks-- irregardless of time til completion. Ten minutes, ten hours does not matter. As. Long. As. The. Wallpaper. Looks. Good. that's what matters.

Other than that, I agree one hundred percent. Stop posting crappy scans and wallpapers that look like ass and trying to garner levels. It's not going to work, and you can bet your sweet ass that I'm going to rip on you. I am of the type that when I rate a wallpaper, I try to give some type of constructive criticism-- for the most part. *shrug*

Spread the love is all I'm asking

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

i agree but their so many things wrong with that statement lower class walleers may not know and if are like rather not ask i hate asking for help becuse you have ot shwo me now type it then it confuses me more

such as the othern ight when sword tryed to get me to use the heal tool it only fucked up more and when it was all said and done i lost all respect for that tool frankly i will not use it again to much work / troblue

another words lower wallers are gonna put out shit walls its expected but the scans need stop or be put on a diff coltureing site so that you got walls etc and scans on the other then i dont think anyone wood give a shit

my two cents

Signature

sword

sword

wuzzahh

in response to xianpu - the point im trying to make about the effort thing is that usually walls that required more time and effort usually come out better. liek what i said to misto the other night , even if you are still not that good, by putting more effort into the wall , it'll definitely look better and would grant you a superior learning experience.
yes ur right about some walls dont require much time to look good but a wallpaper with 2-3 pictures slapped together, even if it loosk good, should not be placed on such a high standard as one with 50-60+ layers painstakingly measured to meet perfection.

on the side note: misto - stop giving up on urself man. maybe im just a bad teacher but there are many people out there than can help teach and im always there for questions

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Quote by Noctum@ Trowble: These things indeed happen way too often, mainly because the
rules of submission are way too much hidden. The FAQ should be put in
front of every new member, displayed for at least 30 seconds and they
should have to click an OK button, to confirm that they did understand
it. Or even better a button which doesn't say ok, so that they have to
prove that they can understand English by searching the button in the
text.

I agree, but a minute would be even better, plus playing "Where's Waldo's OK Button," just makes it even funner. XD

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

Quote by swordin response to xianpu - the point im trying to make about the effort
thing is that usually walls that required more time and effort usually
come out better. liek what i said to misto the other night , even if
you are still not that good, by putting more effort into the wall ,
it'll definitely look better and would grant you a superior learning
experience.
yes ur right about some walls dont require much time to look good but a
wallpaper with 2-3 pictures slapped together, even if it loosk good,
should not be placed on such a high standard as one with 50-60+ layers
painstakingly measured to meet perfection.
on the side note: misto - stop giving up on urself man. maybe im just a
bad teacher but there are many people out there than can help teach and
im always there for questions

http://xianpu.minitokyo.net/

Don't think I'm that bad. ><;

Anyways, about fifty sixty layers. Yeah, it takes time, yeah it takes effort, but... that wallpaper should not be held above another wallpaper just because it has nine hundred layers. A good waller can make something from nothing-- IE can make three, four layers look just as good as ten fifteen layers. Tell me I'm wrong and I'll call you a god damn liar. (Not saying you are).

As for misto-- if you have ANY questions about anything wallpape related feel free to IM me @ Xian Pu No Airen on AIM. I know more than I should from mostly trial and error stupidity and asking friends of mine that do graphics for a living.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sword, I could not have said it better myself!

Signature Image

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Go sword, go sword. It's your birthday, it's your birthday. Good job man. Wholeheartidly agree.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Lord-Satorious

Lord-Satorious

Knight of Avalon

I've said the first point countless times in the past, as have many other members. You can blame the level system and bonuses you receive for attaining higher levels on the multitude of crap "scans" uploaded here. Stricter requirements would help solve this problem.

I've no comment on the wallpapers. But considering the majority of members here are male, I think female scans and wallpapers are inherently more popular. And not everyone has superb wallpapering skills, so with a quick glance you should be able to determine if the wallpaper is worth downloading in the first place.

Lord_Satorious
The World-Wide Gundam Informational Network
"The Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" - Capt. Amuro Ray, UC 0093

reaps

Don't fear the reaper...

well said sword my boy. My biggest problem with this site is that when i submit something, it gets pushed down way too fast and noone even looks at it. not saying that my stuff is the best of the best. but it still deserves comments none the less.

And now i will speak on misto's behalf. You guys must understand that he is not used to being told good job, or i really like the way you did that. He and I are a couple of the most anti-social and rebelious people in the town that we live in. We are misunderstood and it's not that we are wierd, or nerdy or anything. It's just that we are not social people, we don't care for the attitudes of most of the people in our school and town. He believes that his work cannot get better, because that is what he has been exposed to his entire life. I on the other hand, strive to make myself better in anyway possible. right now i'm taking a break on any kind of graphics related work. and that is because i have been researching techniques and such other things. I help misto out as much as i can, but he also needs the support of his friends in this community, so here is a word of advise when ever u have a word of advice for him. Don't just tell him what he's doing wrong, try to actually teach what you are trying to get him to do. I have tried to teach him as much as i know about photoshop, but i'm not the most ehem "patient" person, thus is am not a very good teacher. But i know that most of you have patience enough to help him out, u must if u can spend as much time on your walls as you do.

Thank you for reading my "speech," I hope that this community can grow to be what everyone hopes that it will be :)

Signature

I agree :: sees lower lvl than everyone else, leaves spams forums and comments:: comes back still lower >.< :: leaves to make crappy wallpapers:: comes back still low lvl damit!!

Signature Image
Take the clouds from your eyes and see me as I really am - Don Quixote

hibikinadesico

hibikinadesico

may my smile be with you

i think all of you are right but, every member wants to get to a higher leve, and that results in submitting walls and scans, so ppl just submitt as many as they can, and im sure no one want to commite 2-3 hours of life to some wall, dont you have a life??? i mean dont expect too much efferot in a society like this. thanks for reading :sweat:

Meaning of life you ask me?? meaning differ for all and to all shut the hell up.

if you are a hot girl, than you must be my friend pleaseeeee

reaps

Don't fear the reaper...

anyone who does not want to spend time on their walls and all they care about is the level they have, does not deserve to even be a member of this community. These wallpapers are considered artwork, does an artist slap together something in 5 minutes and call it a master piece?

Signature

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I agree with you totally sword. The crappy scans are everywhere, its just polluting Minitokyo to death. *cough cough..puts on o2 mask*. As regards to the wallpaper commenting, I agree with that too. I always compliment the waller on his/her works strong points and give suggestions on weak area's (If Any). I never put stupid two word comments like "nice wall" "good job", I always try to put at least three sentences of commentary, like you said thats reserved for the scan area.

Quote: Personally, what i found really irritating is that people generally rate wallpapers here due to the scan girl's "cuteness/ cup size etc." "....a d cup = a +fav eh?" have u guys ever realized that a wallpaper featuring a guy is almost always never in the highlighted submissions.

I agree with this somewhat, every wall should be judged equally, but with so many guys on this site i dont see that happening. Anyhow whats wrong with liking pretty girls.

Signature

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 159 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.