Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 a mysterious slow computer...... - Minitokyo

a mysterious slow computer......

page 1 of 1 17 total items

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

well i built my new computer and works fine with the internet and the speed process is extremely fast as hell. But then suddenly about two months when i was online i realise that the interent speed was abit slow for some reason. i didn't download anything that made it slow. Not even adwares that sometime popped up from most computers. Does anyone know the reason? does that happen to your computer when u built it?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

nope.......mabye you already have a slow connection....or the company your with have slowed it down due to payment?

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

Spyware or viruses can slow down a connection. Did you check to make sure you dont have anything running that could be using your connection?

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

Quote by w00tSpyware or viruses can slow down a connection. Did you check to make sure you dont have anything running that could be using your connection?

i did and the result is null

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

How much room have you got on your HDD, I found when I put in an 80gb HDD, that the whole damm computer speed itself up. Maybe you have to much things on your HDD.

Zero-Ultimate

Zero-Ultimate

Strike Freedom

maybe provider problems

Sit upon the frozen heavens
DAI GUREN HYOURINMARU
Signature Image

Take a look and the HDD status led, and see if it's blinking rapidly.
If it is, then it's probably compressing to save some space. Run a defrag and clean out files you do not need.

Also take a look into the Task manager and see which program is using up the CPU resources, sometimes a bad hardware will cause it to slow do also.

Signature

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

Quote by tiki223Take a look and the HDD status led, and see if it's blinking rapidly.
If it is, then it's probably compressing to save some space. Run a defrag and clean out files you do not need.

Also take a look into the Task manager and see which program is using up the CPU resources, sometimes a bad hardware will cause it to slow do also.

hm i say my status LED is fine to me but but i don't need to compress anything since i do have 33Gb left which is 59% in my HDD

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Defragment your hard drive, if that doesnt help any you might be suffering from Windows Rot, I format my computer everytime Windows Rot strikes, fastest and easiest way to restore the speed to any Microsoft OS when it's gotten bogged down.

Defrag is in the start menu, all programs ---> accessories ---> system tools ---> disk defragmenter.

Or you can use command prompt "defrag c: -v". Good luck.

Signature Image

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

thanks but that didn't work since i mostly defrag my thing every week

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

How many processes do you have running in task manager after bootup? I run about 24 or 25 processes after bootup when my PC is idle, counting taskmgr.

Signature Image

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

It's probably a bug in your computer, or maybe the internet connection. Call a real technician instead of asking random strangers on forums.

for me its just a bad connection

Is it your whole computer that is slow or just your internet? Try going on a real computer forum, you will get better help from people who deal with this stuff all day long.

Looks like an issue with your ISP. Do the other computers, if you have any more and on the same internet connection, behave likewise?

Your PC needs some digital spring cleaning! ;)
Burn your important files to blank medias. After that
format and reinstall system.

If it's still slow then there may be some hardware problems.

Ohh and if don't want to do a format/reinstal,l unplug your ethernet cable.
This disconnect you from the Internet. And see if your PC still slows down if it does not then, it's probably your ISP.

*If you have broadband or DSL and you are not visiting any website, your are still online.*

Signature

greatdragon

Mr. Doom

the connection maybe?

There's No place like hell

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.