Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion: File names - Minitokyo

Suggestion: File names

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

phaerax

phaerax

devoted spammer/leecher

i recently decided to spend my first credits on mt3 to download a few new walls and i noticed the default filenames in the save box... its [just some numbers].jpg...

thats not to say that i liked your old way of naming better... XP

i used to copy-paste the "[some wall] by [someone]" from the bottom of the page as a filename, deleting any invalid chars. with the mt3 layout its stupidly difficult to do this... you need to have a text editor open and compose the name from tiny bits XP.

but... cant the default save-as name be something that includes the original title and creator? it looks much better than a series of numbers...

it was i.... I SAVED YOU!

Admin of TYPE-MOON-Ouendan

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I prefer (Anime Title) - (wall or image title) (size in pixels).(file extension)

Perhaps an option for filename formatting preferences?

I am still more interested in seeing a "watch this category", myself...I want to put series on my watchlist.

I am invincible!

phaerax

phaerax

devoted spammer/leecher

omg this is a great idea! like in winamp where you can choose the name of the tracks you rip. i d love to see this in mt3!

it was i.... I SAVED YOU!

Admin of TYPE-MOON-Ouendan

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

ill restore the filenaming. maybe ill also make it a preference option

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Yess, this would be quite a useful preference option. It will make future sorting of my wallpapers much easier.

Thanks sheqel.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

By preference option do you mean choosing between;
Just Numbers
Old Naming Format
Custom Naming Format

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

Setting it as a preference would be really great. I understand the value of having additional info in the title but I prefer the simple numerical system now in place. The short names make it easier when viewing a page of thumbnails in a Windows folder set to thumbnails. The full names like Minitokyo.Anime.Wallpapers..... don't display the ending portion of the name(the numerical part) unless you set the icon spacing very far apart. I actually use a bulk renamer to strip the names down to only the the numbers after I put them in appropriate folders.
What I am asking is that if you do decide to make a change, please make it a preference option. Thank you.

arkata

arkata

Arkata

Oh, I'd like to say thanx Sheqel, because I think I wrote somewhere about having names for the images, ex. to decide, when they're thumbnails and you can't hardly see a thing, if the theme/composition is of your interest... Making it an option for those that, like elessar007, prefer numbers, it's a great idea. :)

Signature

Proud member of I-Luv-Guy-Wallies, Hispanime, Kenshin-Gumi

Never forget to give some tipp to your waiter, for his at your service but not your server...

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.