Suggestion: File names

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

phaerax

phaerax

devoted spammer/leecher

Cancel

i recently decided to spend my first credits on mt3 to download a few new walls and i noticed the default filenames in the save box... its [just some numbers].jpg...

thats not to say that i liked your old way of naming better... XP

i used to copy-paste the "[some wall] by [someone]" from the bottom of the page as a filename, deleting any invalid chars. with the mt3 layout its stupidly difficult to do this... you need to have a text editor open and compose the name from tiny bits XP.

but... cant the default save-as name be something that includes the original title and creator? it looks much better than a series of numbers...

it was i.... I SAVED YOU!

Admin of TYPE-MOON-Ouendan

• Oct 30, 2005

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Cancel

I prefer (Anime Title) - (wall or image title) (size in pixels).(file extension)

Perhaps an option for filename formatting preferences?

I am still more interested in seeing a "watch this category", myself...I want to put series on my watchlist.

I am invincible!

• Oct 31, 2005

phaerax

phaerax

devoted spammer/leecher

Cancel

omg this is a great idea! like in winamp where you can choose the name of the tracks you rip. i d love to see this in mt3!

it was i.... I SAVED YOU!

Admin of TYPE-MOON-Ouendan

• Oct 31, 2005

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Cancel

ill restore the filenaming. maybe ill also make it a preference option

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Cancel

Yess, this would be quite a useful preference option. It will make future sorting of my wallpapers much easier.

Thanks sheqel.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

• Oct 31, 2005
Cancel

By preference option do you mean choosing between;
Just Numbers
Old Naming Format
Custom Naming Format

• Nov 01, 2005

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

Cancel

Setting it as a preference would be really great. I understand the value of having additional info in the title but I prefer the simple numerical system now in place. The short names make it easier when viewing a page of thumbnails in a Windows folder set to thumbnails. The full names like Minitokyo.Anime.Wallpapers..... don't display the ending portion of the name(the numerical part) unless you set the icon spacing very far apart. I actually use a bulk renamer to strip the names down to only the the numbers after I put them in appropriate folders.
What I am asking is that if you do decide to make a change, please make it a preference option. Thank you.

arkata

arkata

Arkata

Cancel

Oh, I'd like to say thanx Sheqel, because I think I wrote somewhere about having names for the images, ex. to decide, when they're thumbnails and you can't hardly see a thing, if the theme/composition is of your interest... Making it an option for those that, like elessar007, prefer numbers, it's a great idea. :)

Signature

Proud member of I-Luv-Guy-Wallies, Hispanime, Kenshin-Gumi

Never forget to give some tipp to your waiter, for his at your service but not your server...

• Nov 16, 2005

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.