Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A New Appreciation for MT! - Minitokyo

A New Appreciation for MT!

page 1 of 1 18 total items

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Don't freeze...Just CHill!

I dunno if it's really worth saying this but I just felt I need to say it! I hope you read it anyhow :D

At first I really disliked the way MT3 turned out with all the new format and credit system and stuff...bad I almost decided to leave once and for all. And so I tried lurking around for other anime walling and cg sites there is and tried my prowess there. (would not say the sites I've been to someone might get offended ^_^' ) So there I was posting my subs one after another and guess what...One site didn't even accepted one of my works and you can't justify it unlike here. They also have this credit system but you lose everytime you get rejected and so I was like in a big credit debt after ALL my works were rejected :( I tried posting them in forums and stuff but they only ignored me there since they weren't much of a critique and I felt they just leeched right off me. I searched long and hard...I would like deviant art too bad they removed their wallpaper section there so that doesn't count. And so I am back here in MT with a renewed vigor on how things are here and thought this isn't bad afterall!

My point is the admin ARE trying to improve things around here and although it is stricter they do offer BETTER services. Just my two cents here. It's not like I'm defending MT or anything but I would just like to point out my realization. Peace! :)

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Just drives home the fact that the comment many people around here have said "If you don't like it go somehwere else" is arrogant and foolish to the extreme. Just try to find a single site on the net that equals the quality and quantity of MT. Show me one other site that has as many wallpapers as good as MT and has such a wide talented member base all in one site. Sure you can probably equal the quality of MT if you check more then a dozen sites, but this is the only place that can do it all in one.

Signature Image

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

the cost for downloading scans has even been cut by 50% today =P

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Ever going to have specials? Like on holidays? ;) That might be fun. Free downloads on Christmas yay!

Signature Image

Youbi

Youbi

Dood!

I think I know what site your talking about lol it was the same for me a long time ago XD
So I totally agree with chingetscook. MT rock all the other site of boards and others :p

(and I agree with the idea for christmas too ahah XD)

MT win : 10/10 :p (or 9.5/10 for the bugs still there ^^)

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Aah i like the action around here lately ^_^. MT2 was growing dull for me, so having a few bugs to report, something to adapt to is great, otherwise your capacities are wasted ;)

anyway i think that MT3 has a lot of brand new features that will really improve the site and help develop a great community. so i say *thumbs up* to sheq and the mods who are doing their best XP

RurouniXKenshin

RurouniXKenshin

Seasons Greetings!!

Quote by Sheqelthe cost for downloading scans has even been cut by 50% today =P

Leet! Man you rock! Thanks a mill. By the way. I do not have any problem with MT3. Its better then MT2. lol

Signature Image
Your scars will remind you that the past was real.

Seems to me that you are talking about AP here as your descriptions 100% resembles it.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

O_O really?! Wow thanks!

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I love how a price reduction gets everybody excited every single time in any situation. "_____ for sale! 50% off!" and then watch the mass jump in joy. :)

I think this move was a good one. It should help facilitate artists from using scans from our own scans galleries to create their wallpapers.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Considreing untill a couple weeks ago everything on the site was free after a while of posting I'd say a 50% reduction is a big improvement. If you take into account how much time it takes to earn credits to download here at how much money you are paid per hour at your job this site has gotten quite severly expensive for people like us. Any cost reduction in scans and walls is a good thing.

Signature Image

mishia

mishia

Angel in Disguise

XD I'm the third person quoting this...it's true though, price reductions get people's attention. (Yay!)

But I have a question. Say you download a scan, but then when you open it, the image won't display, and you loose your credits for it anyway. Is there any way to fix that? I don't think it's fair to loose credits over something you didn't even get to see. (Yes that happened to me a few times already)

And, I've always had an appreciation for MT, cuz I know it's a site like no other (really, it has the best and largest community of talented members and quality wallers, I really don't think there's another site that can match MT.) Hmmm... when MT2 changed to MT3, I wasn't too fond of some of the changes, but I wasn't about to go to the extent of leaving though, just cuz I love this place too much ta leave. ^-^
LONG LIVE MT! XD

Signature
Meh~ I'll come up with a smart signature later...XD

~Shia-chan

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Don't freeze...Just CHill!

Quote by kiopiSeems to me that you are talking about AP here as your descriptions 100% resembles it.

Ah! Please don't quote any site I'm really embarrased and that's not the only site I'm referring too...I think there's already a controversy on that as it is I son't wanna add up to it ^_^'

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

luckymouse

luckymouse

Always getting the last laugh

i miss alot of things thou from mt2, i miss the favorites system and the level up system T-T, hmm well i guess in away its stil the sam ol mt :\ i just it wont get any more confuseing than it is now :hmpf:

I THOUGHT WHAT ID DO WAS PRETEND TO BE ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES ^_^

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

I should agree that I love MT3 better than MT2, way to go Sheqel :)
Um, I liked it even before he reduced the price for scans :P
and yay for this thread XD

But I still miss all the groups, I hope they finished everything soon :D

Signature

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Yeah, MT3 has a lot of problems--on the downside, it's gotten confusing and some people are leaving, but on the upside, a bunch of things have been fixed and, hell, it's certainly gotten people more actively involved in making suggestions for the site. XD

On that slightly related topic, I think it would be good to have a main suggestions thread, where mods could look and see if anyone was suggesting anything intelligent and maybe make it happen. I think that would help keep members and promote a sense of community, or something sappy like that.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

To me there is no difference in mt2 and mt3 it is practicly the same... The images are absolutely free there are still crappy submissions... The only thing that is different is that some very old members of MT are leaving for good... But who cares about that this is just a site and nothing more... There are those who leave and there are those who stay... Nothing has changed much...

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

onestepclosertonumb

onestepclosertonumb

-Beneath the Elysion-

It's very uncomfortable ... Where is the list of anime wallpapers ? It's hard to view some categories such as Gundam Seed Destiny .... It brings all Gundam series ><
The arrangement of the wallies is good . But i don't like much the credit .

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.