Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Wind...(in progress) - Minitokyo

The Wind...(in progress)

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

Yo peeps! here to show you my work..in progress!-shwaaa- Its plain right now cus its not done, but tips on shading would be nice! ^-^ sankyuu!

http://photobucket.com/albums/b358/reikunlubsme/th_forMT.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/reikunlubsme/forMT.jpg

well, actually tips on anything would be nice..xD alright thanks again! =^-^=

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

VERY VERY VERY NICE. But a little too 2D like.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Hmmm. I know this was meant to be "rough" but it's a little randomly too tough.

Vectors are usually smooth, or if rough, they are solidly rough- or their lines are rough but thin.

Your lines aren't exactly smooth (for the "rough" look) and to be honest I really don't like the double outline because if you wanted more than one outline that'd be a sketch and you'd need many many lines for it to look like one.

Just a suggestion to just keep your lines singular at this stage. You could colour in her eye lashes black, and perhaps add more lines and detail to her hair. Shading shouldn't be too hard for you because I can see some shadows in her hair- you might want to create a new layer, figure where you would like the light to hit her and use a brush or pentool and make a chunk of white. Then you set that layer onto a lower transparency.

Overall the sizing and proportions are well done :) You just need more details- kudos ^.^

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

hey there! nice work ^^ i agree to wat kuroimisa said....the hair movement is fantastic! keep it up^^

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

The sketchy look is refreshing, but, as kuroimisa said, this is a little too sketchy. I can only image it being in an abstract wall at this stage.

Shading...you have a nice start, but it looks like the line between shadow and normal color is too sharp. You may want to try using a more blurred out brush. Also, add more shades between the darkest and lightest colors. Doing each color on a seperate layer would make any mistakes easier to repair. deviantART has a lot of coloring tutorials if you're interested >> deviantART.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Oh well,... for one, I do not like the double outlining thingy, it makes her looks weird I think...
Kinda look more like manga sketch rather than a vector...
And some of the outlines would need to be smoothen out since they are too squarish like... e.g. the straps of her top.. i also think that the colorless-outline-only hair part is not necessary, or you should add some color to it to make it look better :D And though overall I like her hair (I think it is quite good), the part where the hair ended looks quite weird and inproportionate to me... it seems it shouldn't make such sharp turn..
Ummm, I kinda think I don't really make much sense, so maybe you wanna take a look at this picture
As for shading, decide first which direction the light came from, and just try shade it accordingly :) parts like behind the neck, under the arms and also slightly below the face should be darker I think :D

Hope that helps

Signature

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

hey sakura-chan! ohusa~shiburi~dana!
i'm glad ur still up at MTv3 ^_^....

well about the sketch, i think that if u pinpoint out somethings, it would look nice!
like, her face, her jaw, the middle of her arm, her breasts, don't forget to shade right under her jaw (like on the neck)..and about the breasts, you should draw like lines, then shade right under'em, u know...

i hope that helps as well ^_^
bai bai!
Leo

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.