Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any other jazz fans out there? - Minitokyo

Any other jazz fans out there?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

echidnaboy726

echidnaboy726

Good eye, sniper

I've developed a real taste for jazz, recently, and I was wondering... anyone else interested? I can't claim to be an expert. I listen to some pretty unremarkable things, like Claude Bolling, Vince Guaraldi and Oscar Peterson. Oh, also, Dave Brubeck. I don't suppose anyone could make some recommendations?
Oh, by the way, I'm sorry if there was already a thread like this. I tried searching, and I didn't come up with anything, but still...

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I love jazz, but I don't listen to it. I play it. Honestly, it's so much more fun to play the lead trumpet part in a jazz piece because even though I have to play what's on the paper, I can be myself and add my own flavor to the performance. That's what jazz is all about.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

I love Jazz music... that's a secret that nobody knows! ;)

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

XxRagnarokxX88

XxRagnarokxX88

That one Mexican guy.

I likes to Jazz on occasion. I don't really know anything about it, though.

It's easy to say the world is corrupt and humans should all die-- that we are worthless and incapable of more. It's harder to do something to help. Maybe everyone is a bit too lazy.

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

I'm a big jazz listener, though it's mostly modern jazz. Only radio station I listen to is jazz (CD101.9), and most of my domestic cd collection (600+) is made up of jazz albums.

As for recommendations, you could go with guys Grover Washington Jr or David Benoit. My faves include guitarists like Marc Antoine and Peter White though.

ajb

ajb

mr.hat

i like jazz, but i dun get to listen to much of it

i've only really listened to musicians like louis armstrong, miles davis, dizzy gillespie, thelonious monk, john coltrane, etc, etc...

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I listened to jazz I like it. It is very good.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

I'm more into the smooth jazz scene than traditional jazz. The older stuff is very grounding, but the smooth jazz scene, Dave Coz, Prafool, Chuck Mangione, Jeff Kashiwa, Boney James, and Chris Botti, just to name a few.

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

i think jazz is very beautiful music. i dont listen to it often (not many radio statiosn to listen to) but when i do get to listen to it i love it

I used to like jazz, but after I took a class on it I kinda got sick of hearing it. It's not that I hate it, most of it is great music but I just can't stand listening to it.

I've always loved jazz. its induces an inspiring atmosphere.

BaKaShInIgAmI

BaKaShInIgAmI

~Bakkie~

i'm a jazz fan. i like the old jazz artists. i first fell in love with jazz after i watched The Talented Mr. Ripley. that movie had really good jazz songs. i also play jazz on the drums. i'm not a fan of slow, smooth jazz. i like fast, bebop style jazz. i alos like instrumental jazz more than vocal jazz.

Signature Image

yeah i am,i like the post-world war 2 cool jazz, and bebop alot,some of my fav. artists are miles davis,john coltrane,stan getz,thelonius monk,ect...i'm listening to birth of the cool right now

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.