Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Strategies for Wallers block - Minitokyo

Strategies for Wallers block

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

What do yo do when you hit wallers block? How do you go about to solve it?

Usually when I hit wallers block which is like every 5 minutes, I take a break in between to clear my head... but there are some strategies I've tried and tested that has helped me in the past =3

~Grab something to snack on. I can't wall on an empty stomach ^^
~Look for inspiration in music and other arts to find different styles.
~Mess with the blending options of a random layer.
~Sleep =3

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

- get drunk and try again .....

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

Stare at a paricular scan.
Look at other wallpapers
Watch TV
Sleep

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

roly-poly

floater

the brain is actually meant to work better if your hungry because of more energy going into making you think and less going to the metabolism. but that only goes to a certain extent. i mean its not like if you go on a hunger strike you'll get really sharp.

i usually get everything set out in my mind before i ever get stuck into it. it gives me a goal to work to. but when i do get crammed into the block, i take a break, visit a few sites, take a breather outside. just chill.

Signature

cheshire

cheshire

misplaced form of life

i generally jab myself in the eye wiht somethin' sharp cuz that give me somthin' else to worry about

Signature
the death of one is a tradgedy, the death of millions is a statistic. - Joseph Stallin

shinta

shinta

Kawaii Chibi Meeper

I pray for Divine Inspiration and go to sleep.

Signature Image
IMTeam -=- [Sammo] -=- [Kenzuke] -=- [OracleAngel] -=- [SapphireSky] -=- [dedwards] -=-
[WCC] [Vectorness] [Anime Club] [Canvas] [DNAngel Fans] [Express] [YYH Group] [IRC] [MTs] [FLIP]

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

i just.................................

watch animes till i get tired and sleep, lol

Hikari-Sakurai

Hikari-Sakurai

Miss Wonderful

When I hit wallers block, or suffer from under confidense... I usually go back through my AO gallery and re read all the comments I've received.
Reading what people have liked... what they haven't liked... advice, tips, prasise, constructive criticism... etc.
I realise again that people like and apericate my work and that usually helps me get out of my block.
I also browse the gallery, both on AO and other wall sites, seeing what other wallers have done, how they have tackled using that particular scan, or that particular series or character, and how well the wall acheives the wallers vision /if they explain it in their comments/
I also remember back to my artschool days, remembering the basics of compostion, colour and execution.... that usually helps
I still need help when it comes to text through :)

Sigma

Cube Dweller

Watch TV/ Play videogames
Aimlisly surf the net for inpiration
Start another wallpaper ( have 2 on the go right now)
and my personal favourite.....Eat Cake! :)

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

ohh this damn block...(see my last four wallpapers in mah gallery)...actually i'm always wall blocked, no matter what i try and what i do XD i must be sick or something...

Rex

Rex

Fafner Pilot

i heard that shakespear smoked something when he was writing all those plays....i guess that's where he gets his inspiration from!

anyways....i would just lie down.....and start randomly thinking about things.........
or i would just play around with the filters a bit~

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

I've found that it helps me to go look at other people's wallpapers that I liked, and try to figure out just what it is that makes them appeal to me. This isn't done with the intention of stealing their ideas or copying their style, but to break out of the box I've created for myself. I tend to get stuck in ruts, which eventually leads to a block, but admiring others' walls really helps.

a nice shower can give inspiration, when in the bathroom, whether its cleaning, shaving, disposing, etc, im always thinkin of different stuff, its my place of thought :) love it haha.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

take a break and not think or doing anything related for a day :)

Signature

sleep will do me. i get up and im full of ideas again

Sleep,listen to music,look for inspiration

Jet

I've been having wallers block for quite awhile now.
had a month or 2 at AO where i was one fire.
Then the inspiration went ahead and died.
I haven't been making walls for quite some time now.
Its horrible as making walls and models are my hobby and after some years will be me source of food.

Hope i get well soon :p

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

When I get waller's block, I:
-look through some manga
-check out image galleries/other wallpaper sites for inspiration
-do a collab wallpaper :D
-put it aside and work on something else for awhile
-ask others for advice

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

TheWizzard

TheWizzard

~retired

Quote by MistressPookyChan-ask others for advice

Yeah, this is the best option :)

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

lots of sex might help

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

Shota

Shota

Forever Nameless

most of my inspirations come to me while im dreaming

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i just sit there and do something other than image related things. if that doesn't work, i just go around looking at other people's work to get ideas.

right now, im employing the first method...its been like a month -_-

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.