Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MemoriesOff wallpaper - Minitokyo

MemoriesOff wallpaper

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

My work was unable to be viewed....it wants me to submit my wall here
so I post this thread
This is my sixth wall....but this one doesn't show my idea , I want to show that
Yue and Aya stand on the moon,but I'm out of practice...so I can;t make it like a moon...I still hope everyone like it==>

http://sweb.nuu.edu.tw/~u9223058/WhiteEternity.jpg

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

^^;; Before worrying about the background, work on your extraction first... the outlines are very jagged and uneven. Try the polygonal lasso (or the pen tool if you're used to it) and try to make it as smooth as you can. The scan doesn't look like it was in good quality to begin with ^^;; If it's a matter of you starting with a low res scan than try to find a bigger res scan first. Also the girls look really, really dark against that light background, so I'd say that's the next thing that you have to fix after working over the extraction.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

It looks nice to me but then again I can't really give any advice.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmm, firstly and most important, you should work harder on the extraction.. it doesnt really look THAT obvious cos the scan is small >_> but there are still jaggy lines on the scan :) zoom in bigger so that you can see more details :D
Secondly, am not sure whether the scan looks blur or not, but am sure it looks pale (the skin, not the hair/uniform)... if you want to have such bright background, I think you should try making your scan more yellowish, you can change the color balance of the scan (ctrl+B) and make it more towards yellow color (to add more color to the super pale whitish skin now) >_<
Hmmm, about making moons, if you cannot really make it yet, you could always use some brushes (I cannot remember where I found my moon brush) or you can look for tutorials on how to make moons (just google it :D)
Other than that, the idea of the background is kinda too cliche (am not saying it is bad, but a more original idea would make the wall more favored by people :D) so maybe you would wanna think of something more to be added to the wall :) maybe you would wanna use some stock photo for the background ;)
Well that was just few ideas, hope that helps :D

p.s. in case you are mistaking it, this place is not a place to dump rejected walls, but it is a place where people can comment on your wall so that you can fix it :D try harder and resubmit your wall ;)

Signature

Radeonator

not here, not now.

....can't do....... the scans are somewhat really bad, try to work up your photoshop skills before come here, or else its up to Chii again.

no offence, but it was somehow too simple to categorized as wallpaper.
try to uses brush for the cloud instead gradient, otherwise it wouldn't look realistic at all.

for the moon tutorial, i think it was...
http://www.solarvoyager.com/tutorials.asp

=Im here temporarily, please dont visit or leave any message.

ichi-ni

ichi-ni

VECTORMAN

hum i think there are two probs
- there are too many clouds and the quality of the scan is really poor

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I remember seeing this in the recent submissions...

last night huh?

* The extraction's okay but not excellent. That needs to be worked on. People have already said something about it so I won't repeat :)

* Low effort- I'm not saying you didn't put effort into it, but the huge chunk on the left doesn't tell me that you have done that much to it ... firstly it's not in the shape of clouds... and it doesn't really look like fog either... altogether it's just too empty

So maybe you can use lots of brushes like you did in the centre-ish there :P Put the brushes in a shape like a swirl or somehing :) And put a few more colours in there :D Hope that helps a bit ^^

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

too empty...
I like your idea of them standing in the clouds, if you're gonna do that, perhaps try making the clouds more detailed, and adding some brushes would be nice, as its kinda empty, I llike the colour, but it still kinda plain, perhaps you could use gradient on soft light or overlay, itll look nice...
& the stars are nice, but with stars, perhaps some planets would be nice too, or maybe some birds, you know....
The scan is in poor quality, vector it...
& i have to say this again, its too empty...
Looking forward to your new wall ^^
Im a poor one too...

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

It needs some filling in :) . Since you want it to look like they're standing on the moon, perhaps you should make the bg a darker space scene with more stars. The darker color would suit the scan better, and more stars would fill in the space. You should also make the clouds looke more...cloudy >_> . Right now they just look like feathered selections; not convincing.

Also, with the text, the drop shadow is probably not a good idea, since it seperates the text too much from the wall.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

oo.....I got some of your ideas...
Fisrt,my background is not good,this one I will try hard to make it better that most expert wants me make the bg darker.
Second , the scan....the original picture is really small,I can't make the scan perfect
Third , I use photoimpact , not photoshop...maybe it's simple but
I can use photoimpact only because it's cheaper~
Fourth, the moon looks like cloud...sorry this is my fault...
Fifth,...I know I 'm too weak....I'm going to play dead...

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.