Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your input on my website - Minitokyo

Your input on my website

page 1 of 1 12 total items

I have a anime/voice actors/video games website that I have had going for a short while now. I just put up the options for people to pick between the backround that is already there and 3 new choices. I realize that these things can look different on different computers so I was wanting as many people to vote for the new background as possible so I get an idea of what loks better on most computers. All the info and the poll is up in the website so if people would not mind popping in and making a vote I would be very thankful! The Link is here Anime Fountain.
There is plenty of pictures and info on a few different shows and video games, plus some voice actor info. Also there is FanArt and Fanfiction up in my fans corner that you can check out as well. Feel free also to let me know what you think of the site in general.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

Luckster

Luckster

d u a l i t y

Hmm.. Why don't you try to make the background non-repeat and fixed or make a pattern that is repeatable so you don't get those lines of where the image ends? The colours you used hurts my eyes. It's really... neonish-type themed colours. As for changing layouts, why don't look into php when you have the time instead of having the links? I do like the side menu.

Signature

Quote by LucksterHmm.. Why don't you try to make the background non-repeat and fixed or make a pattern that is repeatable so you don't get those lines of where the image ends? The colours you used hurts my eyes. It's really... neonish-type themed colours. As for changing layouts, why don't look into php when you have the time instead of having the links? I do like the side menu.

Thanks for looking! The background is fixed so as not to be repeating. On the entrance page there is a warning about what sizes it looks best in to make sure you don't get the background to repeat itself.

Right now I am not changing the entire layout, just the background. Though when I decide to change that I will keep php in mind.

Thanks again for your input as I do keep everything in mind when thinking of improvements!

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

Koenken

Koenken

Crazy Tiger

It is a nice website.
I have did not look around too much but I did vote for the background.
I got am e-mail about it because I am part of Anime Fountain Group.
I joined a few days ago.
Take care. Keep up the good work on the site.

"You should never get between people and their pudding!" - Milly Tompson

ShunKei

ShunKei

Moon Child

haha, i take it you like purple? it's a bit too swirly in my opinion which makes it a little bit hard to read the words.....purple is nice but could you tone it down a little? it's a little too overpowering. but your side menu is great! i love that! haha, i still see the repeats in the background but that's probably coz of my coms screen resolution.

Signature

It's hard to answer the question, "What's wrong?" when nothing's right.

Quote by ShunKeihaha, i take it you like purple? it's a bit too swirly in my opinion which makes it a little bit hard to read the words.....purple is nice but could you tone it down a little? it's a little too overpowering. but your side menu is great! i love that! haha, i still see the repeats in the background but that's probably coz of my coms screen resolution.

Yeah I am trying to work on something that works ok for other comps. Its looks a lot different on my comp then it does my friends. I actually do not like the way it looks on theirs at ALL! That is why I am holding a vote to try and find something that hopefully will work on a larger scale until I decide to redo the entire thing.
Thanks for looking you guys!

I really like your site. I voted for what bg I liked the best.

Cool, thanks! Hope you liked it enough to go back. ;P

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

The site is really cool, I especially like the way the side menu pops out! Sometimes it's a little difficult to read the text because of all the shades of purple, but it looks gorgeous!

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

xshintax

Gif files are Compu$erve

I suggest you use a ilght background. Also I suggest you ditch the poll, and make a popup shoutbox. Also your pages would run much faster with a static sidebar, and less meta keywords. Also, have you ever thuoght about validating your site code? Also CSS would make your site great =).

Wtf is your problem?!?

Why the f*** do I need to use proprietary filetypes in my signature and avatar? Stupid Minitokyo... STUPID COMPU$ERVE! Use png instead.

Thank you for looking. =) Thats a lot of suggestions. May I ask why I should ditch the poll? I have it up to get peoples input on the next background. Its easiest to gather info this way and will only be there until the next BG is put up anyways.

I do realize that the site may go a little faster with a static sidebar however I like my menu(i asume thats what you are talking about) =)

I know I should learn css however that site does not even hold most of what I can do with HTML. I have never learned CSS because I have not seen anything to great from it that I could not do with HTML in some way, shape or form. But yes I know I should utilize it along with all the new goodies they keep coming up with. I just have been to lazy to learn the new tricks, lol.

Your comments do help me though get an idea of the directions I should be heading and what is wanted from people. And I do really thank you for letting me know what you think!

bindermichi

bindermichi

Slayer of Tomatoes

Quote by 1darkangelThanks for looking! The background is fixed so as not to be repeating. On the entrance page there is a warning about what sizes it looks best in to make sure you don't get the background to repeat itself.

Right now I am not changing the entire layout, just the background. Though when I decide to change that I will keep php in mind.

Thanks again for your input as I do keep everything in mind when thinking of improvements!

Well it's a fine page, but the backgound is bad in some ways

1. you can't read the text properly
2. you're trying to force people into resizing their browser or using a smaller resolution (standard screen resolution in webdesign currently is 1024x768, but keep in mind most people buy TFTs nowadays witch have a native resolution of 1280x1024)
3. as said try to use a nonfixed background that is repeated, this way you don't have to worry about screen resolutions.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.