Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Q: About Hellsing: Alucard or Arucard? - Minitokyo

Q: About Hellsing: Alucard or Arucard?

Tagged under Hellsing

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

is those two name right or is Alucard the correct one because the point is to read Alucard from the back vill be Dracula.
Me ex of the anime there are the spell Arucard (U.S) and in the E.U version the say alucard... a bit confused @_@

It's definitely confusing most people here in the States. However, I believe that there is a simple explanation to this: the vampire in question IS Dracula. However, he is bound to the Von Helsing family, and is thus trapped. His name in the version here in the States is a misinterpretation of that name.

"Your mind is the key to every door--no locks shall withhold you, no bars shall restrain you." -anonymous

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

considering how little there is to be discussed in this thread, i beleive it was better that you just drop a mesage in the GB of people who favors the series well than making a thread like this which is utterly useless once the question has been answered, i suggest you do so and make yourself more aware that such threads are meaningless once the overall answer has been achieved which serves no purpose for a ground of meaningful discussion.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

It's Alucard, because it's Dracula spelled backwards. it is understandable why there was a translation problem.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

arucard is the japanese phonetic version; since they have no l in the alphabet, they use r

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Look at my name... that proves it =]

I remember hearing when Hellsing first came out that there was a copyright issue with using Alucard because that idea of spelling Dracula backwards had been liscenced. *shrugs* I googled it and came up short. So, yeah... it's also probable that it's just the phonetic version. ^_^

My vote also goes for Alucard, because that's Dracula spelled backwards.

It is Alucard Because it means Dracula backwards. and if you say the other version of the name you would anger evry Gothic people who knows about that correcrly :)
Where is a strikt reason about that name in the Story !

kusco

kusco

Nice ? Me ? What a joke

Same as everyone. Alucard for Dracula spelled backwards.
But I think english translators put Arucard for translating from the japanese sounding (since in japanese, you should read A Ru Ka Ru Do)

Bye everyone. I left Minitokyo.
Hope to see you soon.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Quote by Devildudeconsidering how little there is to be discussed in this thread, i beleive it was better that you just drop a mesage in the GB of people who favors the series well than making a thread like this which is utterly useless once the question has been answered, i suggest you do so and make yourself more aware that such threads are meaningless once the overall answer has been achieved which serves no purpose for a ground of meaningful discussion.

Good grief but you have a serious attitude problem....

Normally if you can't add anything positive or constructive, *don't* add anything!

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

You can say Arucard or Alucard because the japanese "r" sounds a little like "l"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ecchi-Club | Yuri-Lovers | Kimono-Fans

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

A lot of translations were wrong because like a lot of people said, they misinterpreted the l sound for an r sound (most SE Asians find it hard to pronounce the "l" sound). The correct name should be Alucard since it's Dracula spelt backwards. It's a lot like how some fansubs of One Piece called Luffy (the Straw-hat pirate captain) Roofy instead.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Alucard and Arucard are technically the same because the japanese pronounce the l with an r and that they dont have an l in their alphabet. To the japanese, Arucard is Dracura, and the same with Alucard is Dracula in english. Just that the the dialect is differnet because of the different language...

Alucard likes better than Arucard...

You wouldn't betray me, right?

The correct name would be Alucard, but since the Japanese don't have/use L's they have to say Arucard.

Rejection=Depression

the alucard arucard thing isnt a matter of the japanese thing, other people have already said what i woulda thing that respect. the proper english is alucard, though if there are copyright problems then arucard will have to do. either one is technically correct, but in the language were using alucard is the one to use

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Please don't old threads. Especially if they are over a year old and already have been bumped before.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.