Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Album Recommendations - Minitokyo

Album Recommendations

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Do you have some musc albums that you think people should listen to? Post 'em all here [along with a small reason ] ^.^

My recommendations:

Rainbow~Rising... By far my favourite album. It may not be as successful as Ritchie Blacmore's Rainbow or Long Live Rock 'n' Roll but it is their best imho [+ it has my ever favourite song Stargazer. A must for the rockers \m/

Blind Guardian~Nightfall In Middle Earth... A wonderful concept album. All songs are inspired from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion [which happens to be my favourite book XD]. Actually, this very alnum was the reason I read the book and eventually became a Tolkien fan. Very nice guitar melodies [especially in Nightfall] and some of my favourite lyrics. There is also a very nice piano track [The Eldar] which, if Hansi [the vocalist] had avoided some unnecessary screams, could have benn of my favourite songs. It has the best lyrics in the album imo

Dio~Dream Evil... An epic hard rock/heavy metal album. Almost all of the tracks are in my top 50 fav songs. Much more melodic than Dio's usual style. My fav tracks from the album are All The Fools Sailed Away. Naked In The Rain and Faces In The Window. I was fortunate enough to listen to Sunset Superman live, in their Evil Or Divine concert in Athens. Still can't forget the concert \m/

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

Mother Heart - Whitin Temptation ... I think that if you like Blind Gurdian you can appreciate epic-metal of this group that I love.

Escapology - Robbie Williams ... It is anothere genre of musics but I think that this album have all good pop songs.

Medina - Pino Daniele ... He is an Italian singer, I don't love very much him but this album is great, the sounds remember arabian's musics.

Labyrinth - David Bowie ... Do you know the film? It is the soundtrack...I love it!

Te Best of 1998-2000 - L'Arc-en-Cil ... It is an album of J-rock, I think that it is one of the best album of this genre.

The Seventh Night - Gackt ... Another J-rock album that I love.

merged: 11-20-2005 ~ 12:01am
Ehm, the Best of... is by L'Arc-en-Ciel.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

This thread is essentially a "favorite album" thread, but as long as there is real discussion going on where participants give detailed reasons for each of the albums they note rather than just listing the album(s), then I'll let it slide.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

well, the suggestions would kinda be dependent on people's musical preferences in general...i mean...each genre of music has its own ups and downs...but whatever, I'll throw in my 2 cents on the rap genre:

Artist- Album
Sage Francis- A Healthy Distrust:
If I were to suggest an album to any newcomer to the rap genre, this album would definitely be among the first albums I'd point to. Sage Francis proves that he hasn't fallen off, gone commercial, or grown soft in the least bit with his latest release. A Healthy Distrust is filled with the man's poetic storytelling, metaphorical lyrics, and his usual odd satire and sense of humor. Coupled with catchy beats from the beginning to the end, this album represents quality hip hop/rap at its finest and shatters the common misconception of money, drugs, and women. From the very first track, the album opens up with a bang that attacks the mainstream and media and progresses into a wide variety of topics in the following tracks and keeps you gripped to the end.

Jin Tha Emcee(The Emcee)- The Emcee's Properganda
Forget about Jin's debut The Rest Is History, this album easily leaves his trashed and in the dust. Shying away from the mainstream audience, this album delivers the quality hip hop that Jin failed to display in The Rest Is History. Filled with Jin's creative wit, his smooth storytelling, the semi-battle fashioned lyricism that he uses, and complimented by some pretty nice beats, this album is definitely worth at least checking out.

Past albums:
Canibus- Rip The Jacker
Out of all of Canibus' albums, I'd have to say that this would be his best. This album combines Canibus' razor sharp punchlines, metaphors, complex vocab, his tendency to draw upon science/history/philosophy/etc, and beats made by Stoupe The Enemy of Mankind. Let me tell you now folks, Stoupe is like a god with beats, throw him a good sample and he'll craft something definitely worthy of praise. Canibus is lyrically at his best on this album, though some people crave just a wee bit more, as he tears the mic up with a variety of brag rap/philosophical lyrics/ and storytelling. A little sample?
"They backslide back to church and call a minister's bluff
They rather remain unenlightened then listen to Bus
I blew the fck up, even though it was short and abrupt
I was the first rapper to ever to close orbit the sun
One small step for man, one huge step for mankind
...I am the red giant of rhymes
Solar deflectors, incinerate you whole in a second
Flow is untested those that I've threatened fold under pressure......"

And that's only a small sample of what he unleashes on this album. For a full lyrical tour de force, I highly recommend Poet Laureate 2.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Sowleu (I don't know if I spelled it right >.>) by Asian Kung Fu Generation: Kind of a rockish theme going on, really good, especially tracks like Sunday, Rewrite, Siren, they're all good. I mean this band totally rocks. They're all Japanese by the way, hope that doesn't bother anyone. And in total..their music is really something worth listening to you. I totally recommend it.

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

DoomSword ~ Let Battle Commence
Of the bst epic metal albums I've ever heard...
When I found out that they were Italians [no offense but I have a bad experience with Italian metal bands] and especially when I learned their nicknames [the lead singer is called "Deathmaster"...] I hesitated to listen to their songs. I was like "My god, more posers who can't sing".
Fortunately, I was proven wrong. They may be posers [though not even close to bands like Rhapsody and Manowar] but their songs are very good in almost all aspects. I like their lyrics a lot and Deathmaster has actually a pretty good voice [he reminds of a Greek rock singer]. I would prefer a bit more melodic music though. Too many riffs, for my tastes but overall, it is a very good album.

Fav songs from the album: Heathen Assault and My Name Will Live On

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.