Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Marriage Advice- Help - Minitokyo

Marriage Advice- Help

page 1 of 1 14 total items

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

After 4 years of dating is marriage exceptable?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years now and I love him to death...I'd like to marry him. Do you think this is enough time?

Jaszi5

I'd say yes. My prerequisite is, can you and him do more and be more for each other than we can separately? If not, I shouldn’t even consider marrying.

marauder09

marauder09

Cruisin around the world

Yes, 4 years is enough. As long you guys love each other, marriage will be great for you because you will be with him all the time. Also spend more time with him. Hope things for you get good for you^^

"I need the sunshine of your heavenly eyes, after the day's great sun. And if i had a rose for every time i thought of you, I'd walk through a garden forever" Secret quote Signature Image

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Yes, but it is not the period of time that matters. What matters most is how comfortable you are with the idea. If you are still very fearful of making a mistake, then wait. Don't push yourself into just getting it done. That is not a good sort of mentality to have about marriage. Anyone who loves you a great deal will have patience with your concerns and insecurities.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

i think u should ask urself r u ready for marriage?
i think 4 years is enough time to know each other well. i know a couple who's been together for 6 years before finally get married.

'' live life to the fullest''

few questions

how old are you?
do either of you have a stable job?
do either of you live with your parents?
can you picture yourself carrying his first born?

if yes to all then you got a pretty good case for the marriage review committee

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

thank you guys for all your advice...

Jaszi5

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Yeah.....4 years is enough. Enough to see his good qualities and the qualities you wish you can strangle! :D After 7 years, its a done deal; you couldn't get a prybar between the two of you! If you aren't married to him by then, someone may have cold feet.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

I think it's a decent amout of time..to get married...but I think you should consider what burnout is saying.........are you an appropriate age...do you have a stable financial position so that you would be able live a happy life? if yea....then I'lll be the first to say congrats.....

rosefairyzh

Beautiful Chikage

wow~~ lucky....you are getting married.........T_T i don't even have a BF

bunny^_^

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Hm...four years is plenty of time to date and get to know each other. If you're absolutely sure that you love him and want to spend the rest of your life with him, then go straight ahead...

I don't think anyone here can really answer your question based on how long you've been together. But regardless of that fact, you both need to ask yourselves if you're ready to commit yourselves to each other for the rest of your lives.

There's nothing wrong with the other advice others have given. I think the questions about stable job is important, once you get married most couples decide to have children sometime after. But usually pretty soon. Having a foundation or some sense of security will increase your chances of preventing a lot of hassles and heartache. Also having some sort of gameplan even if it's a rough idea will help you plan your future. Together

Talk it over in some detail with your fiancee or soon to be... see what he thinks about the idea. If you both are for it, and do some planning, it will be a wonderful time for both of you. I'm excited for you guys. Please do let us know how things go when you make a decision!

(BTW yes 4 years is a long time to know someone. The fact you didn't rush into this much sooner shows your maturity as a couple)

heero12

heero12

the fallen

as far as time goes 4 years is defineitely long enough by todays standards but remember time is not the only or most important factor. What I would ask myself is just two simple questions do i love her/him enough to grow old with them and if they were to be the absolute wors tthey could be to me for a year could I get through it and work through it with them.

no regrets for a believer

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.