Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 leaving pc on - Minitokyo

leaving pc on

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

the longtest time? i dont really know because i have a certain routine of shutting it down once a week or at latest after two weeks.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

If I'm downloading shows, it stays on till I decide to shut it off, which is after I am finished downloading. :D My computer pretty much maintain itself.......... :P

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

I think mine's stayed on for a month or so, but due to tons of useless junk that piled up on my system, it began to run really slow, so I had to cut it off for a bit and let it rest. Now I only keep it on for extended periods when I'm downloading. If not, I turn it off daily.

MizuhofanFFX2

MizuhofanFFX2

Mizuho Kazami's fan - FFX2 fan

Quote: whats the longest time you've left your pc on for?

45 days. now i shutdown it 2 or 3 days one time in few hour.

Zero-Ultimate

Zero-Ultimate

Strike Freedom

3 days is max for me XD

Sit upon the frozen heavens
DAI GUREN HYOURINMARU
Signature Image

I think the longest my computer has been left on is 3 days. It is usually on all day long, but I turn it off every night and whenever I leave the house for any length of time.

ignatiousbar

ignatiousbar

Etna: No worries!

the work computer stays on all the time or until it screws up and needs to be rebooted. the home computer gets turned off when i'm finished with it.

Some never participate. Life happens to them. They get by on little more than dumb persistence and resist with anger or violence all things that might lift them out of resentment-filled illusions of security.
-Alma Mavis Taraza

WOW at some of the responses.. 45 days.. 3 months?!

I don't even think my PC can even stay up that long without crashing haha :D :D

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

not that long, 3 days max, it usually gets turned off at night, usually mum turns it off haha

Signature Image

Andulien

Andulien

~Dark Angel~

well my computer stays on all time except at a bad thunderstorm orif there are updates that require it...
computers don't take much energy^^ just the new Monitors so turn them of during the night and the computer can still continue...
I have watercooling in my computer so no problems with overheating :)

Signature Image
Proud Creator & Administrator of:
.::Love-to-Stars::.
If you love watching the Stars or night sky than this is the right group for you.

Angel-Ripper

Angel-Ripper

The laughing man

i think the longest time i left my pc on, was 7 or 8 months

WARNING, noob with bad english @ work :-)

3 months. im so glad microsoft came out with windows 2000. finally something stable. i had to take it down for a hardware upgrade.

It's better to leave it on so your not surging power through the power supply and all the hardware and your motherboard...

Hmmm. I have power outages in my area sometimes, so that usually terminates my PC (I REALLY need to get a UPS)...

Other than that, I generally just leave my computer on for days at a time...I think the longest I let it run is a month or so.

There are pros and cons to leaving systems on vs. shutting down and rebooting. A friend of mine told me that every time you reboot, it's a shock to the system, much like it is when you wake up in the morning...think of that electricity that's suddenly coursing through those circuits and all.

On the other hand, leaving it on all the time leads to overheating, or at the least wear and tear on the cooling system. Most computers have the ability to conserve energy and/or wear by cycling down drives and such after a while, but there's probably some other drawbacks to leaving things on that I'm missing.

MenchiKun

MenchiKun

o.O LIES ITS ALL LIEEES!

Hmmmm my main pc doesnt stay on because it makes to much heat its a high end machine, but the server is a barebones platform so that doesnt turn off and i just connect to the net with my main pc via network

CTrigger

CTrigger

scatterbrain

the longest time I've left mine on was 6 days

Signature
thanks to master k1ru for my signature

it depends lol
ususally i leave my pc on for a week or so

for me...the longest time my pc was left on was for an amount of 12 hours...I just can't bare to think of my having my pv on like for days so I can finish torrent...

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

maybe like 2 weeks, I have to restart it sometimes, but almost never turn it off for more than 5 min. :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

My friend once managed to leave his computer on for half a year. :D

Two days...To scared to leave it on any longer.

I always leave mine on too. It's such a hassle to wait for it to boot everyday.

Signature Image

6 months would probably be my record. but when i did turn it off, i would find out that my power switch was broken or that my mobo ended up burning out.

30hours or so.
I usualy shut it down. Since i don't want my parents to hang around in my stuff.
And they are to dumb to use a bootloader.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 58 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.