Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Attention: Poetry Contest announcement! - Minitokyo

Attention: Poetry Contest announcement!

page 1 of 1 2 total items

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I'm sorry if this belongs in a different forum; I was looking through them, and thought that this annoucement might fit best under this one...if it's not, then I sincerely apologize. Anyway, here's the official announcement, everyone:

The Poetry-Corner group here in MT is sponsoring a poetry contest! Please read all the rules carefully and respond if you have any opinions or questions.

1). Who can participate?
~ Anyone can participate; this is open to all MT members, not just those in the Poetry-Corner group. But please note that the winner, once all the entries are in, will be voted on and chosen by the group members themselves; the vote will be as fair as possible, and I trust all the members in the group to make the right decisions with their votes. I'm sorry if this seems an exclusive way to choose, but it's the best one I could think of.

2). What's the theme and/or subject?
~ The subject issue was voted on in earlier announcements, and once the votes were tallied, the subject/theme "Winter Thoughts" was the winner. You can take any kind of artistic license with your entry...so long as it pertains to the subject.

3). What can I write?
~ Since it's a poetry contest, the obvious answer would be a poem. What kind of poem is up to you; it can be free verse, haiku, metered, concrete, sonnet, etc. Write in the way you feel most comfortable; contrary to popular belief, not all poems have to rhyme, have a stressed-unstressed meter, contain a certain amount of syllables, etc., but it's not true. Poetry is simply a way of expressing yourself to other people through words that flow.

4). How do I enter?
~ This may seem a little unorthodox, but this is what I'm asking you to do: I'd like you to send your entry to me (CLAMPchic) in a PM (please make sure you note that it's your contest entry; that is very, very important). This will allow me to keep track of the entries without always having to check the home page for more entries, as well as come in handy when it comes time for the voting (see number 5). If you want to, you can post it in your own thread or go to the Poetry-Corner home page and post it there, along with a note specifying that it's your entry to the Winter Thoughts contest. This will allow other people to see it before the voting time (I discourage this, because it takes away the anonymity when it comes time for the voting, but I can't forbid you to do so, either).

5). How will the voting work?
~ This is how it's going to work as of now (this may be subject to change if a better idea comes up): the day after the deadline of the contest I will take all of the entries and put them all into either an announcement thread like this one or a private message to each group member (to be decided; feel free to voice your opinion). Anyway, I will compile all the entries, but I will post them without the names of the authors. This will, I hope, ensure that people do not vote for a certain piece because they favor the author or his/her works. This is also why I'm asking you to PM me the entries and not requiring you to post them in the home page guestbook or a thread of it's own (you can still do so, it'll just mean the work is not anonymous). The voting period will begin the day the contest ends and will extend for a time period of two weeks, no more no less. If you have any questions or suggestions about this, please either comment in this thread, on the group's guestbook, in my guestbook, or in a PM to me, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

6). What are the dates of the contest?
~ This isn't important at all ~_~ *Ahem* Well, it starts today (26th of November)*, and will run until December 31st (5 weeks). If enough people ask before hand, I might change the due date to some time in January; that is the most important decision I'm looking for input on about this contest from each of you. Sometimes life changes, and so I'm willing to be flexible for now on the due date; once it's been set, however, it will not change. *It was the 26th when the group announcement was posted, though I'm just now posting it for everyone else...I'm sorry, but I was tyring to hold off so I could figure out which forum to post it under.

Alright, I think that covers everything...if you have any questions or comments, you're more than welcome to leave a post about it in this thread. And please, please leave me input on the open-ended areas of the rules (where I mentioned I'd like your opinions). I'll try my best to check it daily for the next couple weeks, something I'm not always able to achieve because of school. Well, that's a wrap Good luck to one and all, thanks in advance for your questions/comments, and start writing!

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

didn't you announced it already?

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.