Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any fans of Fushigi Yuugi? - Minitokyo

Any fans of Fushigi Yuugi?

Tagged under Fushigi Yuugi

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

How many of you enjoy FY, Ceres, Alice 19th, or Imadoki!?

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

i read the FY manga ages ago.. and some time back i watched the anime... it's quite nice... it's quite enchanting.. but because the anime was dubbed in english.. it kinda lessen my enjoyment of it... but the anime's dark side is really scary..

not a bad story... i would say..

haven't tried out the rest you mention yet..

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

I love its dark side. And thank you for responding! ;)

Fushigi Yugi is one of my favorite series. It has the action, comedy, and drama all rolled into one. I don't know many animes that can do that kind of balancing. Fushigi Yugi pulls it off very nicely.

melissa-clyne

feel the music...

I love FY and Alice... I love that type of stories ^^

Don't be sad because it finished, be happy because it happened...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

I know! Yuu Watase's artwork is what captured my affections.
Also, love stories like the one's she depicts, are the kind peopel grow up wanting to happen to them! :)

oOo, I love fy and i realy wanted to read alice and ceres or watch the anime...it's soo good! ^_^

"Bad habits are like comfortable beds-
easy to get into, but hard to get out of"

Fushigi Yugi is awesome(the manga and the anime) I love the depth behind each character and the romance that is constantly twisted by another event that comes into light. Same goes for Ceres...infact i love that story so much that I couldn't help but to buy every book and now I'm just waiting fot the last one to finish the series although the anime is much better in japenese cause the voice actors for the dubbed version sucked so bad that i couldn't stop laughing. And Imadoki was such a cute story that potraid a more realistic side of reality compared to the other 2 stories by Yuu Watase but the romance was just as good as the others. Haven't gotten the chance to read Alice 19 yet but definitly plan on it!

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

Y
A
Y
!
Yuu Watase fans....*sniffle* There are tears in my eyes!
lol

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

FY is among my top 10 favorite anime of all time. I loved it so much years ago that I ended up buying almost every FY merchandise I can afford. The comedy and the romance as well as a very well done storyline were elements that drew me into this series. I especially enjoyed the second half of the series mainly because the plot was darker and had quite a few dramatic cliffhanging moments that kept me waiting for more.

I'm currently following FY Genbu Gaiden manga and so far, it looks to be an another excellent Yu Watase series.

Signature

I haven't started to read the FY Genbu Gaiden manga yet but I really want to because it seems so captivating just like how FY is and I just love reading those type of stories plus the way Yuu Watase draws her male characters makes me totally wish I was in the manga or they were real people... LOL. But I know their just fictional and I do have a boyfriend but I can always daydream though.

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

Tamahome and Tasuki have my heart!
And you just reminded me of Genbu Gaiden and I love that one too!
The main character, I forget her name *sweatdrops*
is more spunky than Miaka or Alice so I think that will be great...just like you guys mentioned! :)

Tamahome, Tasuki, Hotohori, Toya, Yuhi, and Koki are so cute and have stolen my heart into the depths of my daydreams where my fantasies exist! ^^
*U*

polarie

polarie

what's genbu gaiden? new series?

*SPOILER*
did i say how i cried when nuriko tried to say everyone else by deciding to b a man?

Signature

I know! I love Nuriko! Hes sooooooo awesome and sexy! But...lets see...

*SPOILER*
I cried when my sweet Nuriko died...Ashitare is such a poopoo head! He killed him! *cries* wahh!

Imadoki. I`m a doki. "P
Fushigi Yugi-- major fan. All the ovas, mangas, dvds, vhs, and alottta merchandise.
Yuu Watase is my hero. ^_^

i have to say that my fav anime is fy i own it and i have watched it many many times it has romance, action, comedy, and hot guys

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

Gosh this is soooo great!
I honestly thought this wouldn't get so many replies because the new trends are Evangelion or Final Fantasy....
But hurray!
And I cried when

*SPOILER*
Tamahome's family was murdered
and when Miaka caught Tamahome about to kiss another girl

My girlfriend loves the show, as do our godchildren who got her into it. For me, it has it's moments but I don't particularly care for it. Miaka is too much of a whiner for me and the heroes just never seem to have a clue about anything. I do like The Twelve Kingdoms which is a similar storyline but told much better in my opinion.

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

*sniffle*
Miaka can be a whiner...
but she is a 15 year old heroine in a show directed at middle school girls...
I think maybe the author wanted these girls to see her as personable, in the sense that she made mistakes, and they can too.
A "nobody's perfect" kind of character.
She does mature a bit throughout the series and I really enjoyed observing it.

merged: 12-03-2005 ~ 12:58am

Quote by polariewhat's genbu gaiden? new series?

*SPOILER*
did i say how i cried when nuriko tried to say everyone else by deciding to b a man?

It is a new series centered around the Priestess of Genbu...a cross-over series! XD
Yuu Watase was a genius for creating it, IMO.

*SPOILER*
I cried **sniffle** when Tomahome almost kissed that other girl infront of Miaka, when Yui was trying to break them up, at the end of the series and the ekoden series; (ceres) when Toya forgot Aya and she was heart broken, when Toya died and came back, and the fifth volume of Imadoki was heart touching.

LaiRaye

LaiRaye

Live and let live.

*SPOILER* I know! When Tamahome did that, I felt like I was Miaka watching my boyfriend kiss another girl!

baybeebean

baybeebean

Mameshiba!

i like fushigi yugi, but miaka's annoying. tasuki and hotohori are my favorite characters! i watched ceres with my sister, but i didn't like it as much as fushigi yugi.

polarie

polarie

hmm! i don't rem tamahome kissing another girl! is that in the OVA?

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.