Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cere:Do you think the dubbed version sucked? - Minitokyo

Cere:Do you think the dubbed version sucked?

Tagged under Ayashi no Ceres

page 1 of 1 4 total items

:D The dubbed version of Ceres has got to be the suckiest voice acting possible. Exspecially when the progenitor crushed Yuki and Aya's grandfather and Kagami's reaction was priceless! LOL! My friend just got the anime and when that part came up I couldn't stop laughing! But the japenese version was actually good and worth watching. But man did the dubbed version suck or what? XD

Yup agree you on that!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Most dubbed versions suck in my opinion. I find the only half-decent dubs are the ones where they use actual actors, like some of the Ghibli movies. Voice actors tend to try too hard and it ends up messing everything up.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Keep in mind that particular dubs age. This was at a time when dubbing was all about making sense to an American audience. This show did use current popular culture stars in it's dub like Ricky Martin. I don't much care for dubs in the first place, but keep that in mind when judging this one. It was common practice at that point to make it relevant in America as opposed to faithful to the show itself. Remember how Shaquille O'Neal was mentioned in Lupin, a show that would far predate Shaq's existance in the mainstream? Same thing.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.