Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you know this 70s/80s anime? Help please! - Minitokyo

Do you know this 70s/80s anime? Help please!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Caya

Caya

embodied creativity-block

This thread is one of my many tries to finally find an anime that I have been looking for for about 15 or 16 years now. The point is that I do not remember the title or the story (I was about 6 or 7 when I watched it), but only several things about it:

1. it was science fiction (in the style of Captain Future)
2. it featured a hero and a heroine (who later on became a couple)
3. it is from the late 70s or early 80s
4. the hero dies at the end of the movie but is reborn as a baby
5. the heroine (i think) finds the reborn hero at the beach and takes him with her
6. there was something about a house in the middle of a mass of water (lake, sea, ocean?), surrounded by waterflowers
7. the hero wore some sort of silver clothing (or something similar)
8. it was a movie that ran in Germany at the end of the 80s

Yes, I know this is not much information, but I was after all very young when I watched it. Since I desperately want to watch this movie again, any suggestions on the title/artist are welcome.

Whoever can tell me what Anime that could be will have my eternal gratitude!

"People have so many things pent up inside of themselves.. And they can forget so many things......Strange...... isn't it............" - Tifa Lockheart

I'm afraid I don't recognize it myself, but I'm interested in finding out what it was myself having read a few points from the story.

You mentioned that it was a movie as you wrapped up -- did it in fact have a beginning, middle, and an end as you recall; or was this a continuing series that you may have caught an episode or two of? I assume also that it was broadcast in German? That just might be an extra help in tracking it down.

PHOENIX 2772 perhaps?

I'll see if I can find anything by some of the clues you've offered. It sounds good.

Caya

Caya

embodied creativity-block

It was definitely dubbed in German, otherwise there would have been no way for me to understand it.
And I am quite sure that it was a movie and not an episode from a series. If I remember clearly, it was around 1 1/2 hours long.

And thanx for your suggestions; I'll try and see if I can remember anything else^^

add: I've just looked up some sites about Phoenix 2772, or Space Firebird, as it was titled in German, and it is actually possible that that might just be the movie I'm looking for! Right now, I'm trying to get it downloaded; I'll let you know if it's really the one

"People have so many things pent up inside of themselves.. And they can forget so many things......Strange...... isn't it............" - Tifa Lockheart

I don't know. I'm a Gundam expert, myself (heh, which is really old, I think the first was in the late 60s. Really old.)

GoddessxKatana

GoddessxKatana

Devious Beauty

This one is pretty tough, do you remember the names of characters? It reminds me of Galaxy Railways, Epxress 999 or something along those lines. I know it can't be any Robotech series, so that rules that out. I still haven't given up! I will find it or try (lol).

Signature Image

capt. Future? Who is that?
aaargh confused -_-

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.