Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 how to smoothen scanned images - Minitokyo

how to smoothen scanned images

page 1 of 1 12 total items

i've noticed that most scanned images have 'dots'. if you zoom up the image, its rather obvious. especially when it's on some anime chick's skin. looks scaly. how do you smoothen those dots? im using photoshop btw

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

use the smudge tool @ 20% =p

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

All different - use NeatImage. I'm frightened you don't know it already.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

... Lazy ass Zdenek.

One way to do it is this:

1. Duplicate the layer twice.
2. On the TOP layer, do Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen
3. On the middle layer, do Filter > Noise > Median. Set it to 5.
4. On the TOP layer, put it on like "Multiply".
5. On the middle layer, put it on "Soft Light".

You can mess around the with layer stylings to get it to be different. That's one way I do it.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

It's not good to smooth it. A scan's supposed to have that, if they want, the downloader could smooth it him/herself. If you smooth it, you will ruin the rawness of the scan.

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by Jinzhou... Lazy ass Zdenek.

One way to do it is this:

1. Duplicate the layer twice.

You can mess around the with layer stylings to get it to be different. That's one way I do it.

Only you are very active - you deleted several images I wanted to download. It can be clearly seen you don't really care about your consciousness.
And I insist on the fact that the mentioned software is superior for the purpose. And one last reason, why you should use it before submitting: The compression, either lossy or lossless, has a hard time with this noise, so that to produce a web-sized file, the distorted/raw file will have worse edges, because all of the size will be spoiled on preserving the random distortion.
Jinzhou, you are a very skilled user, but please don't counterstrike any theory just for the sake of flames, when you don't really take the important facts into account.

sword

sword

wuzzahh

....no....ur totally off yrpnova. scanners pick up bad pixels , resulting in random pixelation. i smooth it by having a median layer, like what jin said, and on the bottom layer i use blur/smudge tool.

nat

Scanner

nat

collector

I think yrpnova means is, that it's not the scanner's responsibility to fix the scan, just the downloader's--cause he's the one who wants to use it in a wallpaper. But to note, unedited scans tend to be a lot larger MB wise because the grainy-ness is extra detail.

Check out my art book and doujinshi reviews! http://www.nattoli.net

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Quote by Jinzhou... Lazy ass Zdenek.One way to do it is this:1. Duplicate the layer twice.

Layers ...
I worked with them once and even tried what you wrote here, but they aren't doing much more than messing up the colours. ><

Quote by natI think yrpnova means is, that it's not the scanner's responsibility to fix the scan, just the downloader's--cause he's the one who wants to use it in a wallpaper. But to note, unedited scans tend to be a lot larger MB wise because the grainy-ness is extra detail.

That's correct. I always have to reduce the resolution and the quality to get my self-scanned stuff up here.

Quote by ZdenekAll different - use NeatImage. I'm frightened you don't know it already.

Thanks for that name. It really gave the scan I tested a big step into the right direction (maybe it would work even better, if I read the tutorial :D).
Too bad it needs so much time to work. I don't think I will use it on all my scans. That's something the wallpaper artists should do themselves (they are supposed to do some work on them, after all XD).

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I'm very pleased you directed your attention towards NeatImage. Available in 3.0 Pro version on EMule network.
http://zdenek.szm.com/download/neatimg-belldandy.jpg
See? It can remove any kind of noise you define.
[removed for corrupting the site layout]
It can be even used to smoothen badly resized picture - it can take jagged edges as the "noise".

Kasumi

$$1,000,000,000 member

Thanks so much for the program reference Zdenek. A lot of pride does come from fixing up an image yourself in ps... but I prefer being lazy. XD

yeah thanks zdenek. i downloaded neatimage off download.com cuz i dun have emule or anything like that. its not the pro version and it can only save as jpg. but it works

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.