Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who really is GOLD D. ROGER? [One Piece] - Minitokyo

Who really is GOLD D. ROGER? [One Piece]

Tagged under One Piece

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

animefanzzz

animefanzzz

jam chan

do you know who he really is?beside being the great pirate at the now that started the piracy era

The significance of the middle initial "D" (which is shared by Luffy, his brother Ace, and Blackbeard) could suggest either that Gold D. Roger was related to Luffy in some way, or perhaps that their fates are all somehow intertwined. The real reason is unknown, and is the subject of much speculation among fans.

so wat do u thing?wat is his connection to LUFFY?

For your information it's Gol D. Roger, but because it was quite a time ago people forgot his name so it became Gold Roger.
Perhaps he's his father or at least a relative of Luffy.
btw I didn't know that Blackbeard had a D in his name.

vaiowega

vaiowega

100% Recyclable

blackbeard : Marshall D Teach ;)

I don't think Gol D Roger can be Luffy's father, but he maybe a relative...

I think the 'D' could represent a sort of mark of respect, given to people who have special abilities to fight and survive, they don't fear the death, they are born with the 'D' but not necessarily in the same family. Or they share the blood of some powerful descendant, even if they are not totally relatives, they have distant links in their family tree...

Signature
Administrator of .: Straw-Hat Pirates :.
Member of .: Anime Paradise :. .: Bleach :. .: Force-Firefox :. .: French-Tribu :. .:Ecchi-Club :. .:Fullmetal-Alchemist-Fans:.

I think it is just that Luffy is intertwined with Gold Rodger in some crazy way. Oh well i guess well have to find out in the tv show.

Caya

Caya

embodied creativity-block

Well they are definitely related in some way. Remember the "Will of the D?" There's just gotta be something more about it.. Thing that kinda bothered me though is that giant (or what is a half-giant) Robin met when she was as a kid who had a D. in his name as well.

I think it's possible that Gol D. Roger (I can't keep myself from affectively calling him Goldie...) is actually Luffy's grandfather. There was a scene with Ao Kiji who mentioned Luffy's grandpa, and the gomu ningen got surprisingly serious.. and furious at this.

There certainly is something about the will of the D. And I bet it's central to One Piece; not just the series but also the "treasure" hidden on Raftel. If one could only ask Dragon, I'm sure he's all in on the picture^^'

"People have so many things pent up inside of themselves.. And they can forget so many things......Strange...... isn't it............" - Tifa Lockheart

Here's my take, Gol D. Roger is Luffy's grandpa, Shanks is his father.

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

I think luffy is the reincarnation of Gold Roger sprit

Spoiler (show)

remember in rogue top when that bartender taught he saw gold roger at the bar

IN Case you haven't seen that episode. That's my take on this.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Please do not bump old threads. Threads that are more then 4 weeks old should be left alone. If you want you can create a new thread about this same subject

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.