Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have you ever felt that love is a competition? - Minitokyo

Have you ever felt that love is a competition?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 44 total items

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by Davinator61Genuine love is not a competition but a state of being in which those you care about know you love them unconditionally.

Well said.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

lots of people feel that way, in the politics of relationships there is no such thing as equality

i have felt that way. my ex-boyfriend idolizes his father, no i think worshipping is more like it. i on the other hand couldn't stand that man, he was awful. my boyfriends parents got divorced when he was about 4 or so, but to make a long story short. the divorce was his mothers fault (so she made a few mistakes, she's human goddamnit)and his father was the great savior. ugh i get angry just thinking about it. my family was never good enough for him and i actually liked his mother (how dare i :) ). next to that he barely had time for me :hmpf:. so i often felt i, no actually i knew for sure, that his family didn't like me. they accepted me because i was his and not because of me.

this doesn't make him sound like a nice person. he had his own good traits though, despite his family and everything else he did really love me (as in i was his world :) ). i always told him how i felt about his family and his lifestyle. still he didn't expect me to actually put an end to us.

a couple of months ago i broke up with him (after 4 years :nya: )partly because i couldn't handle fighting over him with HIS family :angry:. i don't regret that decision, now i can focus on me and my own problems (i have enough to keep me busy ^_^' ).

Farica

Farica

**lady of peace**

once...
it's makes me sick...

love.. is unlimited

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

all the time. I think it is brought on by jelousy, and sometimes people have to fight really hard to keep what they want.

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

Love as a competition... I've never had to compete with others for the affections of my significant other, but when I was younger, I used to compete with my boyfriend at the time. Who got the higher grade, who was better at sports, etc. Generally, it was a very friendly competition but it kept things interesting since we both really loved to win.

cherry12

love,hinata

although i have been in situations like that in my family. i tried my best in my classes but nee-san keeps finding ways 2 get b's and a's. >_<

did i change alittle?

Rosegirl18

Rosegirl18

^O^~ Rosegirl18 ~^O^

I've wondered about this so many times. Should love be of selfishness or selflessness? Some days, I want to chase after the person, but some days, I think that if I truly love that person, I must be willing to give up my feelings for his happiness. Which is love? What is love?
Unfortunately, I have no answer, because everytime I think about it I feel confused and feel like writing a romance/drama fic.

I suppose love is a competition because you want to /win/ the heart of another and so it's a scary thing that you don't want to lose.
Love doesn't come easy, so I think it's ok for people to try and be the best they can be. So long as they don't put themselves down in the process and don't try to be someone totally different.

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Always, & most of the time I lose. T_T

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

It shouldn't be a competition. Competeing for love brings out way too much hurt than good. I know, I am right now currently having a crush with this girl, and I'm so afraid that it'll do hurt for me and her, since I think that she likes someone else, and to trudge into that will stain her and myself. Right now, I'm trying to be myself, and if she doesn't like me, then I'll have to make myself move on.

Never used to until I found out the girl I liked had a boyfriend, turns out nobody is immune to human emotion. I'd really never been jealous in my life up until then.

That said I'm not going to get in between them, her happiness is more important than mine. As much as it pains me to say it though, somewhere deep inside me I want him to go away. People call me unselfish, but there is a limit to how good someone can be before their humanity steps in.

If I ever feel that way...I wont be actually in love.

antipeople

bastion of negativity

I don't know. I've never really had any competition. But then again, that may be because I date the "nice guys" that girls for some reason seem to pass up.

Signature
FMA roxorz your boxorz...don't deny it.

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

Today, ANYTHING can be competitive. Love isn't supposed to be a competition really but celebritites make it like it. I even see friends that are like that. I'd not bother with being competitive. Useless.

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

Well, one thing I'm sure about the life I live in is.....

I HATE COMPETITIONS! OX

DEFINITELY. I can't assure her that I can make her laugh all the time. But, I feel I just have to show her how much I really care for her...

love isnt really a competition because you only really love your family and one woman because if you start to like some other woman then it isnt real love is it, you can think other people are hot but you will still love that same person

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

love is a competition but dont take seriously if u r not sure

Eimin

Eimin

.Let's play together.

Love is a competition when two or more wants the love of the same person, I have that dilemma now. But my rival is also a friend so it's a friendly competition :)

Signature

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 44 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.