Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fooly Cooly: What in the World is this? - Minitokyo

Fooly Cooly: What in the World is this?

Tagged under FLCL

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

FLCL. Cool Show. Obviously ridiculous. Playing meteor baseball, stuff coming out of foreheads.... Whats the point of this show? Does it have a point? Anyone?

BTW ranks as second fav!

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

FLCL is just FLCL.
Don't ask questions.

but yes, it is quite the excellent anime...especially at 3 AM, its even crazier then

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

phaerax

phaerax

devoted spammer/leecher

well this one is one of my all-time favourites. the whole point is being totally kerrayzee.
but its not just a shallow show with random stupid scenes... after watching it 5 times (i think), there's always something new i havent noticed. for example, a fairly obvious hidden joke is when haruko and the kid enter the Iron and haruko tells the guards that they shouldnt be there as there is no entrance, it raises the question "then How-The-Hell-Did-You-Enter?". i love the way the series just throws a joke at you and rather than explaining it just mercilessly goes on its frantic pace.
as for character depth etc... well if you really try to find some you will certainly do but dont expect storylines as detailed as in shoujo manga... since its anime its far more deep than most hollywood films, you ll just have to fish it all out of the chaos yourself.
and the music is just so cool and fitting! i love it!

if you really like stupid craziness watch Happiness of The Katakuris. its a stupid comedy by the creator of The Ring... be warned though, this is serious braincell-burning stupidity... you might get bored. its not intelligent-jokes-made-stupid like FLCL, its just... stupid.

it was i.... I SAVED YOU!

Admin of TYPE-MOON-Ouendan

FLCL is one of those shows that the more you try to understand, the less you'll get. You just have to keep watching it.

At school our anime club discussed it, and surprisingly, there is a ton of sylmbolsim in each episode.Some stuff can be pointed out and some stuff you might see, you just don't know it.

Wow.... They (the developers) must have been really smart making the show while they were high.

"I'm not lonely. Cuz I'm always alone".

OroItachi

OroItachi

~ cursed ~

Holy shit, I didn't know schools had anime clubs.... I know mine doesnt.

- The cursed ones hold the heaviest grudge -

FLCL isn't exactly your average anime...Besides all that crezy stuff it actualy has some sense and it shows (in an unusual way, that's for sure) the changes that take place in a child's mind before he becomes a teenager and all the thoughts and ideas that come along. Of course, it's not meant to be phylosophical so it's got all those crazy and practicaly impossible situation, but they make a good laugh, right? ^_^' And the music is really cool too! XD

One of my favorites, can't fully understand it yet and The pillows pwn.

You know one day all the divine figures got wasted and spawned this show's creators, and on one sleep deprived night a miracle occured (I assume someone wasn't speaking right or had novacane injections to the jaw, but Fooley Cooley got out there) a new, more twisted and wild anime was born! And that is the birth of FLCL, made for not only sober enjoyment, but for the meriment of several friends who have not slept for several days who thirst for something more. Or for geniuses searching for hidden meanings (large target audience I suppose)

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Okay, this thread has been sleeping for like 13weeks! Don't bump old threads! Here is a more recent thread Does anyone know how the storyline makes sense in FLCL?
Closing.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.