Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Friends boasting they know everything about anime. - Minitokyo

Friends boasting they know everything about anime.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Do you have friends that keeps on boasting about thay know everything about anime and manga when they only watch a few of them and that few is more to the popular ones like Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist and etc. Especially when you are the one that watch and read over hundreds of animes and mangas yet being quite about it.

I have a friend like that. Just coz he know a few anime, he goes boasting on and on. I find it irritating. Coz I myself have watch many anime though not as many as some people. As I was saying, this classmate of mine keep telling lies about an anime and boast and boast.

So do you have friends like that?

Signature

No, I don't know many people who watch anime and those that do love it and watch know less than me about it and don't even try to sound smart by sprouting out nonsense, they are all pretty cool people fortunately.

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

Not really since most of my friends don't watch anime so I'm pretty lucky.

Well my friend does that sometimes but not really a lot.
I really hate it when he thinks his fav anime is superior than my fav anime. He thinks Naruto is so much better than Trinity Blood. Well I've never seen Naruto so I try to support him and say "That seems like an interesting anime" and all he says is "Trinity Blood looks so lame and Naruto is so cool~" :angry: I just wanna strangle him for that. At least I don't say "Naruto is so lame" but he has to say how bad Trinity Blood is and how Naruto is great everyday.

That's why I don't wanna see Naruto. If my friend cannot respect my fav anime, I'm not gonna respect his fav anime either

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

CHC999

CHC999

"I want her to be alway happy"

I dont have friends like that, we rather calmly discuss the animes we watched, we know each other animes they dislike and like, for example my friend loves Conan but I dont I rather think the drawing is not very good and the story just doesnt get through to me, so we discuss something we both like such as Neon Genesis trying to fill in something he missed and Ive discovered and avoid discussing anime that he likes and I dont. Occionally I tell him some anime Ive discover that is interesting like chobits and he does the same. Its a wonderful system once you get it working

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

My friends don't have much interest in anime but they tend to like a lot of underrated anime like Vandread, Boys Be, Hajime no Ippo and the like. And I myself appreciate these anime. ^___^

keikasagawa

keikasagawa

p|-|33R |v|1 l33t 5|<1llZ

well this kind of person is me in a way, coz at my school anime is not a liked subject and the few friends that i have, i know quite a deal of anime compared to my friends and they ask me questions and i try to answer them as best i can, but i know that i don't know everything but the knowledge i have has seem to put me to a status of guru among my friends

hey our roomies are wasted so when we get back to your place,
i'll show you what l33t things i can do to your 5y573|v|Z,
i'll make them 5cr34|v|

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

No I don't and neither do any of my friends do.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

when it happens....just say...shut the hell up, what do you know?
then state a trivia and ask, if you can tell me this chara's age and sex then i will consider u "knowledgeable" or else...

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

... i dont know everything but ive got about 250 dvds and 100 cds, and 240 gigs i havnt burned yet. im obsesive about anime and i love watching it i tend to keep it forever

well one of my best friends kind of thinks she knows more about anime, manga, and the japanese culture more than me. it's like she's forgetting that i was the one born in japan and she's the one born in california. but hey, i still love her, even though there are times wheni wish like socking her on the breasts. xD

rin

Well, I guess, generally, people trying to sound smart talking about something they really don't know about would indeed be annoying. But even if said person actually did know alot about the subject, constant boasting about it would still be annoying.

My main point: Too much boasting in any case, no matter how much you know, is annoying. Especially is you are boasting to people who don't really care about the subject (ooh, I hate that).

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Well I guess you are lucky ;)
NONE of my friends like anime, it gets kinda lonely here >.<

But I do know people that try to look smart or try to show that they know everything about everything, and it annoys the crap out of me... so I feel your pain xo

No I don't have a friend that say he/she knows everything about anime, and I doubt I can find one that knows everything about anime. To know about everything about anime is just too hard, eg can you name all the anime that was out in 2005, name me all the female characters.... are you lost now? Well I don't know everything about anime, but I know enough about anime to a degree that I say,"If it comes to anime, then I know nearly all of it."

kumilove

kumilove

Angel of Death with 8 Vectors

i just hate the posers out there just talking about the stuff that you stated, the well known anime, fma for example. all they talk about is fma fma fma when i probly watched it almost a year before they even heard of it. again, thats just one example but im too tired to talk about more :P

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

True. I remember there was once, I go like 'Advent Children is cool. The CG is great.' Them my dad particular classmate go like ' Yeah, yeah, yeah'.
One week later, when I have stop the rambling, his turn to go like 'Advent Children is fanatstic and blah,blah,blah'.
This classmate of mine is annoying. All he ever talks about is 'I know everything about FMA and Fruit Basket and the rest of the animes.' Then I asked him, 'Name me the chicken and horse of Fruit Basket (he fail to name then) and Who is the seven deadly sins in FMA (he name not even 1/4 of it).
One thing or another, he is annoying, glad he is changing school this year. *whew*

Signature

Cammie

Cammie

Yurikitten

I use to boast about not knowing everything about animes :p

I think better to hear someone say they know all about anime than those people who have not experienced 1s of it and say its bad , cartoon or childish or whatever.. SUch shallow way of thinking from them.

I was one that did not know anything about it but just stumbled over it one day online and never looked back since :D Im condemed or blessed.... :P

Only about 2 or so I know are into it.. Most aren't

tell them to go Anime Quiz if they get 3/4 rite.. then they know their anime decently.. hehe

all my friends know OLD series.. while i practically only know new ones =P hee

Fortunately for me I don't have a friend who is annoying like that and even if I did I will tell him to shut up. Anime is meant to be enjoyed and not a medium to show how superior you are.

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

YES! Before though..omgsh she was complaining and lecturing me and her other friend about a certain anime..and what's it about and she acted liek a know it all who researches 24/7....

Zasshirou

Zasshirou

Smartass whippersnapper

There'll always be people who boast about something, and the something they boast about they're not really interested about, they're just trying to find their selves accepted in somehow. I've been there (it's a shame, but I've learned my lesson ^^') altough it wasn't about anime. I have met people who brag about how they know about Japan, anime, manga or anything related to them, but I just leave them be. I don't even want to think that I know more about anime than that person, that wouldn't be any better, I'd be just the same as the boaster, comforting myself and boasting alone, any sense in there? Not really. You just enjoy anime and manga the way you like and leave the irritating people be, then it all will end up good.

reenat

Hello

Yeh i know...but my friend does know everything about anime lol ^^

Life is like a boat :P

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

What I particularly don't like is when people think they know a lot about anime when all they watch is saturday morning titles or Cartoon Network. I've only been a fan of anime for just over ten years, but in those ten+ years, I've immersed myself in the work, culture, background, and industry itself. I don't just watch it, I really let it soak in and do lots of research, whether out of necessity or curiousity.

I also work in retail in a store that sells a lot of anime dvd's. There's no end to the people that come in thinking they know it all, until, I put them in their place with stuff they've never been aware of before. I never take myself for a know-it-all, but I sure feel that way compared to most people I talk to (whether in person or online).

A good example nowadays are Naruto fans. These are people that have been a fan of Naruto for like 18 weeks; as long as it's been broadcast on Adult Swim, and they all rush to Hot Topics to buy Naruto gear. All of their knowledge is based on that small exposure. They boast about being huge fans, and how they're going to buy the new game when it comes out in the US later this year. They get a little surprised that I say I've been a fan since Naruto's Japanese debut, and while they look forward to their first Naruto game, I own and play 7 of the imports ;) Then they realize they don't know all that much at all (in addition to my rattling off seiyuu names and other roles they've done, etc).

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.