Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 If you had to lose 1 of 5 senses - Minitokyo

If you had to lose 1 of 5 senses

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by coldnessthe thing i would lose is touch, because if u wont be able to feel touch, u can like not feel pain, since ur numb, thats why i would want to lose touch

Nice idea coldness, but I thinks it's kinda strange when you can't feel anything like the rushing flow of water or heat from the sun. Also, to me, feeling is the second trait of being human (emotions as first) to not feel pain might cause some to discriminate or isolate you from society but there are also some good points too so I guess it could either be a curse or a gift.

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

I could lose smell, as long as Im not working in some sort of deadly gas plant ^^
missing so much good jpn stuff without eyes, no music would drive me crazy, no feeling would be cool for about a few days and a few crazy stunts before it was boring - and youd miss all the good feelings.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark at the Tannh

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Pain is another evolutionary trait. I suppose you may not like pain, but it acts as a safguard to tell you "Look, this is bad for you, don't do it." For example, the other night I was dong handstands. Well, I screwed up and landed wrong, somehow injuring my back. Well, if it hadn't been for pain, I probably would've aggravated the condition by continuing to do handstands.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

I would lose smell. I don't know why.

Taste and smell are so intertwined that if you lost your sense of smell you'd lose most of your sense of taste as well, and to remove your sense of taste you'd have to lose most of your sense of smell.

Even so, that would be better than losing sight, hearing or the tactile sense, as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather just lose my sense of direction or style or decorum, though.

Quote by vbobTaste and smell are so intertwined that if you lost your sense of smell you'd lose most of your sense of taste as well, and to remove your sense of taste you'd have to lose most of your sense of smell.
Even so, that would be better than losing sight, hearing or the tactile sense, as far as I'm concerned.

In that case instead of only choosing one sense to lose i'd pick to lose both my Taste and Smell.

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by Irrelevant

Quote by vbobTaste and smell are so intertwined that if you lost your sense of smell you'd lose most of your sense of taste as well, and to remove your sense of taste you'd have to lose most of your sense of smell.

In that case instead of only choosing one sense to lose i'd pick to lose both my Taste and Smell.

That's unique, taste and smell , I heard of people who are blind and deaf but losing both taste and smell....the results could turn out to be very interesting

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

well, if you cant smell, that actually effects your taste. smell is actually part of the taste. so i guess ill go with taste since its not very important to me anyways

I'd give up hearing, beacuse smell and taste are linked, pain and touch are linked (YOU NEED pain. LOOK AT lepers, WHO injure themselves because THEY can't feel), and I NEED TO SEE.

Ironically enough... It's good to be evil.

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

if you lose touch, you can't feel anything...you're numb..how would you then feel the touch of a woman you love? feel the gas pettle on you car to drive, feel the pain in you hand as it's resting on the frying opan during cooking?

if you lose taste...how will you know if your food/water is rancid? how would you know what's yummy and not anymore?

if you lose smell, how do you know if your house is burning down while you're in it? or how would you know if you're gas stove/dryer/furnace/fire place is leaking?

if you lose sound, hwo do you hear the bath tub over flowing? or how would you hear the voice of your love, or music? you'd never enjoy music any more.

if you can't see..well, yeah, you're screwed period.

i choose to lose none. they are all too important. i like to taste my food, see my girl, listen to music, feel my girl's kiss, and smell anything that smells good!

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

It would be my sense of smell

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I guess it would be the smell - I'd at least get rid of the annoyance when someone farts. Next on the list is taste.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote by Chickomonif you lose touch, you can't feel anything...you're numb..how would you
then feel the touch of a woman you love? feel the gas pettle on you car
to drive, feel the pain in you hand as it's resting on the frying opan
during cooking?
if you lose taste...how will you know if your food/water is rancid? how
would you know what's yummy and not anymore? if you lose smell, how do
you know if your house is burning down while you're in it? or how would
you know if you're gas stove/dryer/furnace/fire place is leaking?
if you lose sound, hwo do you hear the bath tub over flowing? or how
would you hear the voice of your love, or music? you'd never enjoy
music any more.
if you can't see..well, yeah, you're screwed period.
i choose to lose none. they are all too important. i like to taste my
food, see my girl, listen to music, feel my girl's kiss, and smell
anything that smells good!

To modify what you said...

If you lose touch, you can't feel anything...you're numb..How would you
then feel the touch of a woman you love? Feel the gas pettle on you car to drive, feel the pain in you hand as it's resting on the frying opan during cooking? How would you know if you had successfully done a a complex movement?

If you lose taste...how will you know if your food/water is rancid? How would you know what's yummy and not anymore?

Iif you lose smell, how do you know if your house is burning down while you're in it? Or how would you know if you're gas stove/dryer/furnace/fire place is leaking?

If you lose sound, how do you hear the bath tub over flowing? How do you hear the roar of a blazing fire or tornado approaching you? Or how would you hear the voice of your love, or music? You'd never enjoy music any more.

If you can't see... How would you find your way around in a giant city if you weren't familiar with it?

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by Vagrant123

Quote by Chickomonif you lose touch, you can't feel anything...you're numb..how would you
then feel the touch of a woman you love? feel the gas pettle on you car
to drive, feel the pain in you hand as it's resting on the frying opan
during cooking?
if you lose taste...how will you know if your food/water is rancid? how
would you know what's yummy and not anymore? if you lose smell, how do
you know if your house is burning down while you're in it? or how would
you know if you're gas stove/dryer/furnace/fire place is leaking?
if you lose sound, hwo do you hear the bath tub over flowing? or how
would you hear the voice of your love, or music? you'd never enjoy
music any more.if you can't see..well, yeah, you're screwed period.
i choose to lose none. they are all too important. i like to taste my
food, see my girl, listen to music, feel my girl's kiss, and smell
anything that smells good!

To modify what you said...
If you lose touch, you can't feel anything...you're numb..How would you
then feel the touch of a woman you love? Feel the gas pettle on you car to drive, feel the pain in you hand as it's resting on the frying opan during cooking? How would you know if you had successfully done a a complex movement?
If you lose taste...how will you know if your food/water is rancid? How would you know what's yummy and not anymore?
Iif you lose smell, how do you know if your house is burning down while you're in it? Or how would you know if you're gas stove/dryer/furnace/fire place is leaking?
If you lose sound, how do you hear the bath tub over flowing? How do you hear the roar of a blazing fire or tornado approaching you? Or how would you hear the voice of your love, or music? You'd never enjoy music any more.
If you can't see... How would you find your way around in a giant city if you weren't familiar with it?

Great reasoning, I guess if we all think about this for a while we can find that all our senses are important even though we really don't thaink about this as we go through our day...

- Robert Wilensky

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Now that I read all those quotes above (won't clutter this with more quotes), I can see you guys know how to enjoy life. Good for you. I actually didn't think that the touch would be needed for the kissing. And if I think even more - after getting a good source of money, it wouldn't be bad to lose sight - at least I won't worry for seeing my friends aging!

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Definitely smell. I want to be able to see and here the world. Being able to taste good food is important as well and Touch is also very important. So I might miss out on some nice smells, but I also would be immune to some god awful smells.

pyreleaf

pyreleaf

...Frustrated Elf Guitarist...

smell would be the safest answer.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Smell i really dont need it, like it'll save your life

smell i prefer to lose but all are important :) :) :)

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

I would...lose either taste or smell...I really don't know which one is more better but I guess considering how my nose is always blocked smell it would be =P

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

hm... Smell is obviously the one most people would consider giving up. It's hard to smell something at times actually - and almost 90% of the time, you just smell normal air.

Though smell is also a small important sense in your body - compared to the other 4 senses, this would have been the least severe and the most opted to be given away. So smell of course.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

i guess ill go with taste also

why?
different foods go in one way...

comes out the same the other way, lol

~Seraphim Angel~

Without the past,
there is no present,
and without the present,
there is no future...

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

i think i'd go for sight, cause i really like to be able to taste things, and smell as well (and both are related...)
then touch is the most sensual and important thing, the thing you put the more feelings into, and also what lets you be able to hurt yourself (which is important, cause you can bleed to death if you don't feel pain)
and hearing is really one the sense i use most, and i'd really like to have it more developped, so you can really sense things........ anyway meditation is blindness, to listen more to yourself and your surroundings, so let's all meditate XP

I would like to lose my sense of taste... that way I could eat vegetables and not be grossed out! :D

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.