Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What free software do you use? - does anyone uses The Gimp? - Minitokyo

What free software do you use? - does anyone uses The Gimp?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Just wondering how many people at MT use free software, I use this:

- Office suite: Start Office - Open Office
- Graphics: The Gimp
- 3D Modeling: Blender

I use this programs over Windows, I do use more free programs, but they aren't very mean (like winamp or foobar2000 for audio or MSN Messenger or Y! for IM). From time to time I also use Linux (RedHat or Mandrake)

Also I want to know, how many people have used The Gimp for doing wallpapers?

Some of the best programs I have are freeware, and often open source. The Proxomitron, CDex, Spybot, Shareaza, Wallpaper Changer. Firefox and Thunderbird, of course. Winamp.

Never used The Gimp, though. I'd like to try it out one of these days.

Aurore

Aurore

Umbrella Chemical, Inc.

Incredible! I thank I was one of the only person to use Gimp. Yeah it's a great software, I used it smth like 2 years ago but I realized that the 2D & 3D graphics capacities of PSP or Photoshop are better than Gimp.

Signature Image

Winamp, spybot, abc bitorrent. Most of the great aps today are free ^^. As for the gimp, ive never tried it, but I heard its a great alternative for photoshop.

lets see..., Foobar, Firefox and Thunderbird though i don't use them much, Video Lan Client and Open Office

Only those with wings can fly.

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

I do all my work on Linux, and everything I've got (other than some of my Linux games) is free, open-source software. gimp, Blender, Sodipodi, Firefox, Evolution, VLC, xmms, OpenOffice.org, if it's open-source, I probably run it.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

Everything. I run FreeBSD UNIX so everything HAS to be open-source. :P

Yes, I use The gimp, btw. o.o Though it seriously lacks in stuff Photoshop can do (I've used both programs extensivly).

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

When I use Linux - everything I use is free (in my distro - Mandrake).
In Windows - Mozilla Firefox, foobar2000, gimp, IrfanView, OpenOffice.org, NetBeans, Eclipse and many others. I think free (or open source) software is very good now.

Wouldn't it be wonderfull to get into one of the nice manga/anime story? It must be dreamland... ^_^

^_^ I love my freeware: Firefox, Adaware, Spybot, Bitorrent, DivX, Winamp, Webshots...

On ne recolte que ce qu'on a seme.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Gimp?
I've only heard of the stuff. they say its pretty much the same thing as PS but of coz, its free
as far as free stuff goes, I only use Winamp, Winrar (gotta hate winzip), well thats about it ^.^

gimp? have no idea bout it

Time.... can do anything.. from mending wounds to destroying things.... surely time is powerful... but time can't change one thing... that is destiny..........

SearSay

ElectroMagnetic Dragon

as i am currently employed as a graphic design /sys -admin for a realestate agency - i use gimp, mozilla, linux, and many other open source programs on a daily basis. Often i use them side by side with their "paid" counterparts - open source has come a long way - the mere fact that i prefer several open source programs over their "Paid" brothers shows how far they have come :-) My main machine for web design has been running linux for months now (with all the work for several web sites having been done on it graphics and code)

-Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Smith & Wesson....The original point and click interface.

Yarashi

Yarashi

*squish*

I use a *lot* of free software. >.O My PC is riddled with the stuff. xd

gimp? Ugh... *shudders* I have to use that at school because my school's too cheap to buy one copy of photoshop for the whole school. ¬.¬
gimp and I have a very temperamental relationship, if it works for me then we get along fine, but if it decides to go glitchy on me then it finds itself being dismantled piece by piece. >.>

mi-yuki

mi-yuki

beautiful snow

My system is 100% open source ^^ All of it is free... Oh well bu thats just MY system
Uhh except for Photoshop....

If Gimp had better buttons I woudl use it more, but my screen resolution is not that high, and ithey take a lot of space.

b . e . a . u . t . i . f . u . l . s . n . o . w

All of the software I use is free. Actual freeware...maybe not so much. Winamp, Irfanview, Sasami2k, VirtualDub, Daemon Tools, WinKey, Ad-aware, WinRar, CDex, among others.

I've played oround with the Windows port of Gimp before but it was lacking some important features to me and also kept freaazing up after a few minutes of use. That was several years ago and a half-dozen Windows reinstalls ago, however. It would probably work a little better now.

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

I use a lot of freeware and open-source, too many to list...

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

shirohamada

baka newbie

virtualdub, avisynth, xvid, ffdshow, vorbis, faac, coreaac, corevorbis, mpc, dgindex, mkvtoolnix, dvddecrypter,
headac3he, dbpoweramp, FLAC frontend, Ivan Menno (faac frontend), 7zip, QuEnc, freeEnc.

and lots more

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

I've used linux & free software for several years now, and I used The GIMP to prepare my submissions to minitokyo. I'm not very proficient at The gimp, but I can tell it has many very sophisticated features. I've also heard of POV for 3d work, but haven't tried it yet.

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

I have to run Windows / MS Office for work reasons. But I use OpenOffice, Firefox, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Wallpaper Cycler on Windows. All things considered, I prefer freeware over payware. The quality is better, the people actually respond when you send email, and I'll donate money if it's available as an option.

Someday I'll switch over to Debian, once I get Wine running.

Chani

Dune Master

I use some of free or GNU software :
Mozilla (browser and mail client)
Filezilla (FTP client)
The gimp (photo modifying)
Inkscape (Vector drawing)
Xnview (picture managment) or photofiltre
Open office (Text, array, BDD)
PDFcreator
Scintilla (Text editor with syntaxic coloration)
foobar (Music files player)
BSplayer (Video player) with Klcodec
7zip (Backup)
Everest (check the hardware and software)
Ant movie catalog
Easy php

.: JPOP FANS | French Tribu | Anime Paradise | MtnOOb club| Chaos Cross group|Doujinshi support club|English Club :.
Pour des conseils sur les regles generales, allez voir N00b Bible #1.
Pour des conseils sur le forum, allez voir N00b Bible #2.
Pour des conseils sur les groupes, allez voir N00b Bible #3.
[c] Aa-chan

Raiynagh

Raiynagh

fr0gm45+3r

Gimp 1.2 and 2, Firefox, OpenOffice, Powerarchiver, Winamp, I bought the full version of Object Desktop. I think that's it, but I'm not sure

If we talk in a very high pitched voice, the fish can't hear us...

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

Firefox - browser
winamp - music file player
realone player - movie file player
Bit Comet - download file
Slim Browser - browser
Skype - for chatting

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

Noe

Papa Noe

What is freeware???

I use Pirate-Soft ....!!!! If somebody discloses this, it will deny everything... ^_^

O_X

Signature Image
Administrador (Administrator) Hispanime. Un solo idioma, una sola pasion. Hispanime

Chani

Dune Master

Quote by NoeWhat is freeware???

I use Pirate-Soft ....!!!! If somebody discloses this, it will deny everything... ^_^

And you find it intelligent... :p
When i can i prefer use un freeware or GNU project.. and now with the multiple software in free or GNU license and almost the higher efficiency of these, i use then more and more...

.: JPOP FANS | French Tribu | Anime Paradise | MtnOOb club| Chaos Cross group|Doujinshi support club|English Club :.
Pour des conseils sur les regles generales, allez voir N00b Bible #1.
Pour des conseils sur le forum, allez voir N00b Bible #2.
Pour des conseils sur les groupes, allez voir N00b Bible #3.
[c] Aa-chan

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.