Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How would you know you were in love? - Minitokyo

How would you know you were in love?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

so how can you tell..because well I'm really confused about my life...how will you know?

Magically Delicious, yo.

i don't know myself...

Kasumi

$$1,000,000,000 member

Hmm, well based on my own experiences... I knew I was truly in love with someone for the first time when I couldn't stop thinking about them. ^_^' Though I'm usually anti-social, I wanted to talk to that person all the time and didn't feel the need to hide my true self in front of them. I also felt a very strong desire to make them happy and cared a lot about their safety and well-being (which is a lot coming from a person who is a tad self centered :D). Anyway, those are just a few signs that told me I was in love, so I hope that helps you a little. ^^

She tells me.

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

First....i cant stop to think at her
Second...when i meet her my mind shutdown
Third....when im with her i cant speak a coerent word

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

To be honest I don't know, I've messed up at so many times and mistaken so many things for what they weren't that I can't tell anymore. I'm also starting not to care if I can tell or not anymore as well.

Too much deception and lies lead to losing faith. Guess thats what it amounted to.

Signature Image

When the other person's happiness is more important than your own.
When you have the courage to let them be who they want to be, without trying to control them.
When you look in their eyes and see love looking back at you.
When you can't wait to be together again.
When you have silly inside jokes that no one else knows, or would understand.

I think you can love something or someone, but to be in love you both need to be feeling the same thing. I've loved women from afar, but been in love only a few times (where they loved me back).

It's not a crazy question, SamuraiHariko -- poets and philosophers haven't come up with the right answer yet, other than you'll know it when it happens to you.

You find yourself staring at her even when you're making a concious effort not to,
and when you make eye contact your heart lights on fire. So does hers, you can tell by the way she's tilting her head forward, and that smile she's trying to hold back. Conversation adds to the moment, but you and her both know you'd be perfectly content staring into each others eyes until the end of time. - That's when I know I'm in love, but like Miketo said, there is no universal signal that can be defined with words. It differs person to person.

Signature Image
------------
[profound statement pending]

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Love is a 2 way thing. Both of you have to love each other.

At first, you don't realize you're love. Then one day, you wake up, and hits you right in the head.

And no, love isn't being able to be your normal self. Love is when you both love each other, not one person really liking another person.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

PorcelainDoll

PorcelainDoll

Yaoi... My Anti-Drug

For me... Ways to tell that I truely love them.. How to answer this? I always have them in my mind. Always, and I find ways to relate them to whatever is goin' on around me. Like someone will trip and I'll see and in my mind I'll be thinkin', "Lol. I remember when such and such did that the other day." Also, I'd do anythin' for them to make them happy. I mean, even give up my own happyness. You'll pretty much go to any extent for them if need be. Like with me... One of my ex's, who I still feel that way towards, I let him go cause I didn't want to hold him back. He wasn't ready really to be in a real relationship that was dedicated. So I let him go. But also.. Before, he used to have a cutting issue. Of course I didn't like it! But he didn't like to see me hurt, so every time he cut, I'd do it twice as bad to myself. Now we have promised not to do such a thing no more. Specially since he knows I'll do it too. But ya see? You'll risk everythin' for this person.

But as a reminder, this is my opinion and from my experiences. It may be different for you to be able to tell, it may not. ^^;

Please visit: ~*~Paradise Chat~*~

if you're a guy, ask your dick. hahahahah

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by miketoWhen the other person's happiness is more important than your own.
When you have the courage to let them be who they want to be, without
trying to control them.
When you look in their eyes and see love looking back at you.
When you can't wait to be together again.
When you have silly inside jokes that no one else knows, or would
understand.
I think you can love something or someone, but to be in love you both
need to be feeling the same thing. I've loved women from afar, but been
in love only a few times (where they loved me back).
It's not a crazy question, SamuraiHariko -- poets and philosophers
haven't come up with the right answer yet, other than you'll know it
when it happens to you.

If these were taken seriously, love woudn't exist - such strict rules.

Quote by asukif you're a guy, ask your dick. hahahahah

You gotta be fucking kidding! Because the mentioned dick does what it wants and isn't a measure of the true spiritual love.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

misl3d

.:: 4ever a Dre@mer.. ::..

I don't know it too, just feel something deep inside, almost choking..... But is this love or something alike?.... I don't know, really......

Signature
	Image http://ang3ll.deviantart.com

........................... I will get my revenge. Sooner or later...And i can wait for years...................

hmm.. for me??? i think the moment i think bout someone else except myself.. and when i rather want to talk to her than to play... heheheh.. damn she wastes my time.. but i'm happy to do that ^_^

Time.... can do anything.. from mending wounds to destroying things.... surely time is powerful... but time can't change one thing... that is destiny..........

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

I´ll feel it ^^ ...like...I want to get away from him and still want to be close to him... ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ludoman

ludoman

Hentai Seeker

I guess it would be when I don't get a person of my mind even if I try my best!!!
And when I have an urgent need to be with her!!!

free yourself from hate
and don't die all alone
else one day you'll break
and you won't stop till the last bone!

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

Someone once told that love isn't a feeling, it's a choice (he was really old and very happily married so I guess he knew what he was talking about). It makes sense if you think about it. Things like caring for the person more than yerself and them always being on your mind, and other such things can be a result of such a decision. I'm not sure I've been in love yet (as stated by others here, it's hard to tell even if you "know" a definition), I think I have, but I don't find it likely (not impossible) that any young person would have a good grasp on what it reaally means to be "In Love", it seems to be someting that the understanding of which comes from life experience. We can all offer advice on here about what we think love is, how to tell if you're in love, but, in the end, the only way for you to know if your in love with someone is for you to decide for yourself. (Hey, I inadvertedly wentback to my first point! how bout that.)

One thing I do know is that, when it comes to life, being in love isn't everything. Looking at your profile, it says that you're 15. I remember when I was 15, it seemed like finding someone to be in love with was the most important thing in the world. I remained obsessed with it for years, but, about 1.5 years ago, I started to realize that there was much more to life than seeking out a companion. It's truely one of the greatest things you can do in life, but it's still just one of the many pieces that make up the puzzle of life.

But, alas, I am merely a young man of 20, by my own definition I'm unlikely to have the answers to this kind of question, I don't even know how relevant some of the stuff I said is to your situation, but, all I know is what I know, so there it is, if a little abridged.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Quote: Someone once told that love isn't a feeling, it's a choice (he was really old and very happily married so I guess he knew what he was talking about).

That's odd. I'm told by my youth pastor and others that love is an action, so in other words, it is a choice. Interesting.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

well what if there's this guy in your english class who comes up to you and asks if you have joined any sports yet and you tell him your trying out for softball then he says that I look like a swimmer and why not join it...and then like a few days later you just keep staring at him....is that love....or is that stalking? XD lol

Magically Delicious, yo.

Quote by SamuraiHarukowell what if there's this guy in your english class who comes up to you and asks if you have joined any sports yet and you tell him your trying out for softball then he says that I look like a swimmer and why not join it...and then like a few days later you just keep staring at him....is that love....or is that stalking? XD lol

It's attraction, certainly. Where it goes from there is up to you and the guy in question.

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

Quote by vbob

Quote by SamuraiHarukowell what if there's this guy in your english class who comes up to you and asks if you have joined any sports yet and you tell him your trying out for softball then he says that I look like a swimmer and why not join it...and then like a few days later you just keep staring at him....is that love....or is that stalking? XD lol

It's attraction, certainly. Where it goes from there is up to you and the guy in question.

@_@ but I'm still so confused I don't know what to think

Magically Delicious, yo.

nfok3

nfok3

Abyssmal Angel

Sometimes.... Actually, alot of times, people get crushes (your basic attraction thinger) mixed up with love... I myself, well, I hardly know what love is. You won't really KNOW that you're in love, until, as one poster put it: "you wake up and it hits you in the head" Don't worry about love too much, it'll find you sooner or later. =)

Signature
Someone once told me that life was beautiful... Show me... Where the Beauty lies...

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

Quote by nfok3Sometimes.... Actually, alot of times, people get crushes (your basic attraction thinger) mixed up with love... I myself, well, I hardly know what love is. You won't really KNOW that you're in love, until, as one poster put it: "you wake up and it hits you in the head" Don't worry about love too much, it'll find you sooner or later. =)

so it's a crush? but I never really had a crush before. hits me on the head? like how XD

Magically Delicious, yo.

nfok3

nfok3

Abyssmal Angel

I'd say it was a crush..... if I was stuck in such a scenario.... when it hits ya, it hits ya. =P As I said, I too have never felt that kind of love before, so I can't tell you, as much as I want to.

Signature
Someone once told me that life was beautiful... Show me... Where the Beauty lies...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.