Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anyone watch the "Irresponsible Captain Tylor "? - Minitokyo

Anyone watch the "Irresponsible Captain Tylor "?

Tagged under Irresponsible Captain Tylor

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Chibi-Guilala-of-DOOM

Chibi-Guilala-of-DOOM

Robot Chicken's rubbery cousin.

Loved this series, and yet I can't find it here. :( I had identified heavily with Tylor.

Of course I also haven't seen Gatchaman, Robotech, or Starblazers here either....

merged: 02-15-2006 ~ 02:18am
Nobody?...

merged: 02-15-2006 ~ 02:18am
nobody?...

Signature Image

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Yes actually. I really liked it. Tylor is reallly easy to identify with. And the crew of the Soyokaze, I' love to work with a group like that (you'd never be bored that's for sure).

I suggest you watch Robotech (both the US as well as in its original form of SDF Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada) and Starblazers as they are really good series

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

SouskeUK

SouskeUK

Sunny

Tylor left me laughing my butt off. its really funny and kind of relaxed type of anime. its like just lay back and enjoy it.

Have'nt seen Starblazers but have heard of it.

Watched couple of episodes of Gatchaman when I was little can't remember much though.

And last but not the least Robotech. Well what can I say, right now a Shadow fighter from New Generation is aiming its Gun at me from the top of my printer. and Roy's Skull One with sumo armor is in Gurdian mode. Need I say more!

See you around. :)

merged: 03-05-2006 ~ 08:04am
Here is a Photo when I went to my first SciFi convention only bcoz people from Robotech was there.
http://www.robotech.com/gallery/galimage/viewgalimage.php?id=1068&frompage=1
I'm the 2nd guy from right. :D

Right Now I'm too lazy to make a signature image!

I watched the series a very, VERY long time ago. And I think I missed the middle too. What I do remember is that it was really funny and enjoyable to watch.

I also watched the series, fairly recently (last year), and enjoyed it. It was very funny how Tyler kept getting lucky. By the way, I wouldn't recommend the OVAs, they aren't good compared to the series, in my opinion.

Signature Image

The way I see it, this series was so funny because it drew its humor from the characters as much as the situations that those characters got into. A lot of anime only deals with one type of humor or the other, which inevitably gets old. By having funny characters and a funny plot, Tylor manages to remain interesting all the way through.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.