Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What aspects of MMORPGs appeal to or repel you ? - Minitokyo

What aspects of MMORPGs appeal to or repel you ?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

noirnw

noirnw

Shin no Noir

There are many different mmorpgs out there, so for fans of certain mmorpgs like Final Fantasy XI or World of Warcraft, why do they appeal to you, or what aspects of a mmorpg do you look for before you decide to start playing it (since most involve a monthly fee) ? And for those adverse to mmorpgs, why ?

Personally, a great online community would be a major factor in deciding the choice of game, followed by the depth of storyline and gameplay (eg. quests, missions or jobs) and then graphics and music. :D

Just listing the main positive and main negative, don't feel like typing much at the moment.

Biggest Appeal- A friendly/involved coummunity

I guess you can't expect this anymore though. Back when Ultima Online was first released most of the players were adults or at least acted as such, they actually gave help if and when you needed it. Or say you approached and spoke in a role playing tone, most of the time a reply of such would be returned. Hell, even the murderer's played along with the role play element and made things a lot more interesting. A MMORPG has yet to give me an experience close to that of early UO.

Biggest Negative- The GRIND

Maybe I'm just burnt out on MMORPGS after playing UO, FFXI and Lineage II but the grind really gets to me. You know you've defeated the purpose of a video game ( entertainment of course! ) when you have to read a book or watch a movie just to keep from falling asleep when you solo or tank with a party. The game is supposed to entertain me, not bore me to death as I sacrifice my time just to have high level to show off. This is one reason why I was thankful for refreshing games such as Phantasy Star Online and hopefully will feel the same about Tabula Rasa or Imperator ( if it ever gets released ). RF Online looks promising as well.

I'm not saying no to the grind, I'll take the medicine if I have to... But maybe, just maybe, they can hide the pill in my food so I don't notice when I take it!

Ryggim

Ryggim

Darkness to Oblivion

I for one don't play MMORPG but most of my friends play some online games most of the time.

I guess what makes it fun is that you have a character that can use along with your friends. Playing a game together with friends is a lot better when playing alone, this is applicable in terms of MMORPG. That's why it is fun.

But I don't play it because for one, I like playing RPG's with a good story in it, most MMORPG is based on fighting monsters and leveling up. This can get pretty boring in time. Another thing is most games online uses a pre paid card in order to play the game itself. Yeah, a prepaid that is worth 1-4 hrs of play is cheap but if you play 8-10 hrs daily it could be a real pain in the wallet.

But my main reason is that I only use my PC for internet purposes or for other works but not for online games. Why bother with online games when I have a PS2? I'm a RPG guy and I like playing RPG's alone. You could say I'm a lone wolf when it comes to RPG games.

"A journey of a thousand miles start with a single step"

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.