Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 |Events that changed you?| - Minitokyo

|Events that changed you?|

Did anything happen in your life that changed you??

Yes
14 votes
No
1 votes
Possibley
2 votes
i..dont..KNOW!
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

This is a discussion that was brought up in one of my new classes this semester^.^ The question basically was

" Have there ever been any events, considering historic or ones you've witnessed first hand, that have changed the way you act, or the way you perceive life?"

I believe this is an important question to ask. Usually, its a person whom inspires someone to act a certain way, role models for example. I remember while being a child, i'd pretend to be an adult like my mother, put on her high shoes and long dresses. But have you ever seen or witnessed an event that changed your outlook on life completely?

An example for me would be:
When i was a little child, i didnt quite know what racism was, or animal cruelty or even violence and abuse. I was pretty much unaware of how seveer it truly was. As i got older, i witnessed some pretty insane things. For example, i remember witnessing someone killing a kitten with a baseball bat >.< It was pretty terrible, and i recall racist remarks and abuse arising from such things, also the kind of abuse i witnessed first hand in my school while growing up as well.

Witnessing these events over and over again began to make me aware of how sevear things were regarding violence and disrespect. It did change me quite a lot. It made me into a kinder, caring, generous person, but also a confident person who wouldnt allow other people to get hurt by abusers.

It might not exactlly be a perfect example, but i sure do hope you understand what i mean.
The event could be historic or any other type of action that you've witnessed that may have changed you^.^

I appreciate any help with this, since i kind of do need a paper written about this tomorrow morning, and a little bit of information from people could really be inspiring^.^

yeah...ever since i my house burned down a few years ago...everything was gone -_-...i've been more paranoid than i can ever remember and i have this obsession for fire

also it gave me a slap to get real and be more generous. i feel more mature yet more and more...people treat me like a little sister ^^'

so its all good. I think drastic events are aren't needed but its a good way to grow mature and just for your soul to deepen. change is good, and i think everybody needs a slap across the face once in a while ^^

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

Yeah... Like when i was a kid, my parents used to fight all the time, and all i could do was hide. Yea it was that bad to me. Until one day, my dad left the house. For a few years after that, no more fights. Then one day, just as i was about to face my junior year finals, they were at it again.

That was a real burn to me, and people think i've changed, which is probably true. I tend to isolate myself from everyone now, i don't care if people are at odds with me (is that the other phrase for "enemies with me"?), and one person say that i have this look in my eyes that says something..

Sure, i haven't seen the real ugly side of life yet, but that was a personal worst.

Loyd

Loyd

Quotes

I guess the event that changed me a bit was when my mom came completely a biatch and became abusive so i basically set my life up so i would hoprfully never be like that and i never want to act like my mother

"To be forgotten is worse then death."
"How do you prove that we exist....maybe we don't exist."
"I don't feel as if i can save anyone my family nor my friends."
"To know your future is to die by your future."

Groups
Band_of_Brothers
MGS
Full_Metal_Alchemist
Dot_Hack
Magic_the_Gathering

my parents divorced. i still hate my mom.

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

*cough**cough* history class...hahahah ^_^'
&& I guessed what changed me was back in elementary i was a little scared girl that would always cry for most things and then after i hit highschool I wasn't like that anymore, I was more stronger. If anyone came and cussed me out i would go right up into there face and tell them off :D lolz but yea to me that was a big change :)

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

ASHLEY! your not supposed to tell>.< XD your gonna get it! lmao

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

Quote by toxictea23ASHLEY! your not supposed to tell>.< XD your gonna get it! lmao

hahahahaha! :o ^_^'

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

tronks

The Archer

yes, my litlle sister birth.hehe. No, i am not very sure. But I think that when last yaer started I bacame a more solitary person.
The only thing I am sure that changed me is when my sister and my brother started trvelling. My sister gone seven years ago or more, and my brother3 years ago.

Traize

Traize

Design Student

First would be meeting my girlfriend, changed me from a shy, pretty depressed loser (I was) into someone who has a spine :D lol

Second would be coming to Japan on a University exchange.

Its opened my eyes so much & awoken so much in me I thought I'd lost, now I want to travel the world & afterwards, unless I find somewhere better, settle down in Japan.
Its pulled me out of a rut I was in in terms of my design work, its made me happier, brought back my crazy silly side which allows me to get excited by every little thing & has brought back the me of many, many years ago that not only tries anything at least once, but is unafraid of the consequences.

I feel great for it & can honestly say coming to Japan is the best thing I have ever decided to do, so far... ;)

Signature
Dick Van Dyke is my Chuck Norris

Firebomb

Anime Lover

My family got robbed and my brother almost got killed by one of the robbers

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Yeah, in 3rd grade, I was ostracized by the only other girls in my class, there were 5 of them. What one of them said at the time, I understood, but it still hurt: "I want to be your friend, but I don't want to be teased." This and other things in elementary/middle school pertaining to people thinking they are better or more entitled to whatever, and dumping their insecurities on me has really affected the way I understand the way other people are.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

when i lost my internet virginity and got broadband.
when i bought my G7 gaming mouse.
when i won the QuakeIII Tourny at WWAC LAN 1.
the list goes on. lol.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.