Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 a quality issue - Minitokyo

a quality issue

page 1 of 1 8 total items

is there any way we could possibly get some kind of quality preview thumbnail?

basically what im talking about is a small crop of the full sized image. something that lets me know whether or not the image is of good or pixelated quality. that way i dont end up wasting some of my download quota on something that looks good on the small thumbnail but hurts my eyes to look at once i have spent my download on it

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

lol, i agree...... that's been an issue for a long time

-repeat-

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Yeah, I totally agree. The thumbnails have the quality jacked down so far that they are fuzzy and you can't tell if the image is good quality. Bigger thumbnails would be really nice too.

Signature Image

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

just press the thumbnail get to the page and look at the smaller sized version. what is there to complain?
I mean, look, you can already tell how bad it is the moment you look at the kb size, if it is below 100 u know what to expect

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The file size of a wallpaper or a scan, especially a wallpaper, tells a lot. Generally, larger file sizes which are dependent on the DPI of the scan embrace the highest quality while lower file sizes embrace the lowest quality. Basically, it's the amount of information stored in the files that gives the file their quality. When searching for wallpapers, it's wise to watch for the file size. When searching for scans, you may want to start off finding a scan that has a height pixel of at least 1600 for high enough quality. If you're not sure of a particular scan, it's a good idea to wait and think before you download.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Crappy pixelation and other problems can exist even on uncompressed images, the file size of the wall is irrelevant.

I also think it would be nice if the various thumbnail images were given a little less compression.

Signature Image

Also, what up with some files having 0x0 resolution and a filesize of 0KB, it's really annoying and seems to happen alot. Anybody know?

I agree with chingetscook. File size just isn't good enough to judge the quality for an image. Perhaps a small cropped section of the image could be added .

Besides, I have noticed that the thumbnails are compressed such that there is quite a bit of compression noise. This does not do justice to the images, especially vectors.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.