Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Love: has it ever been worth it? - Minitokyo

Love: has it ever been worth it?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest, and it opens up your heart, and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses; you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you; then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... and you give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness; so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain... I hate love."

Funny... almost, how many people I've met who've felt this way before. Who can blame them? Love can be harsh. Love can be cruel. Love can be... unforgiving.

But ~ that's just the thing. Can be. What people fail to realize is that it says can be. Not is or has been or will be, can be, and I honestly pity any person who feels that way.

Because ~ this is my retaliation:
Love truly is a wonderful thing. It's beautiful when you love a person. When you miss a person more than you have missed anyone else before. When you want to spend every second of every day with them. When you start to realize that you care about them more than you do about yourself. It's almost frightening when you take a look at it. Like the passage above stated... what happens when your heart gets broken? What happens when you're cheated on? What happens... when that person says "maybe we should just be friends"? It's scary when the person you find yourself loving most is also the person who can hurt you the most as well...

But ~ the question isn't this. It isn't these. The question is whether or not you know the person well enough, whether or not you trust the person enough, to put all your faith in them; to give them your heart and soul and to be able to let yourself love them. It's whether or not you're willing to take that risk, and whether or not you feel it's worth it to give yourself away even though it could end up breaking you.

The feeling you get from loving a person and having that person love you back is... indescribable. My question to you guys is this::

Do you think it's worth it to fall in love in spite of what could happen? How many of you actually do feel the same way as the person who wrote the passage I quoted, and how many of you, if any, feel the same way I do? And find that the end result can't even be compared to anything else?

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

FloralFallal

FloralFallal

Lover of shirtless anime men

Well I've never experienced anything like the person whose quote that is of course I'm so guarded it probably won't ever happen. A very smart man said that if you are going to be in a relationship you will get hurt even by well intentioned people so you have to decide if it's worth the risk becuase nobodies perfect. I, myself, haven't found anyone who is worth the risk. ^_^'

Signature Image
Thanks again to Tinbad for my avi and sig

Kelena

Kelena

Pulchritudinous Solitudinarian

Quote by winterlilac09But ~ the question isn't this. It isn't these. The question is whether or not you know the person well enough, whether or not you trust the person enough, to put all your faith in them; to give them your heart and soul and to be able to let yourself love them. It's whether or not you're willing to take that risk, and whether or not you feel it's worth it to give yourself away even though it could end up breaking you.

I definitely think it's worth falling in love, even if you can be hurt. Like you said, "It's a risk." I'm an optimist when it comes to love. However, I find that the word 'love' is used to easily these days. Someone very close to me loves every guy that she's ever been with. I say it wasn't love, but there you go. I think love today has been blended with 'like', don't you think?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.